Author Topic: does anyone here like tony yayo's album?  (Read 529 times)

Okka

Re: does anyone here like tony yayo's album?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2005, 02:58:50 AM »
Yayo had a lot of nice guest appearences and some tight mixtape tracks, and when "Live By The Gun" leaked, i thought that he's album is gonna be fuckin dope, but it wasn't...

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2005, 03:37:34 AM »
Most people praised Banks (while bashing 50) when 50 was the only one really gettin attention out of gunit, later on, when Banks got more recognition in the media or whatever, they started saying he's rather weak (before his album dropped) and hopped over on yayo's dick who was in jail at the time, saying he's the real deal in gunit and the only tight member. Shortly before he got out, when the free yayo shirts were worn n shit, they 'realized' how wrong they were (without new material leaking) and started calling him wack too.

For some weird reason people very often feel like givin props to the so called 'underrated', overshadowed dude whether or not he deserves it. It was clear to anyone who doesn't have this problem, that Yayo was never ever gonna release the dope album these people were expecting at the time. I heard cats talking shit like "yayo ripped it again" randomly when a new verse was released and was like WTF.. time seems to be the only thing capable of teaching these fools.

naw its just that banks' punchlines went so garbage ("my heart colder than sandwhich meat") and 50 started singin on every song. yayo was still spittin heat. i expected g-unit to actually keep it gangsta with yayo's album, then..."Curious"

You wouldn't mind listing the 'heated' verses yayo spit since banks' album dropped ?

Like I said peeps stopped praising banks a good minute before his album dropped, the line you mentioned and the other let downs of the album can't be the reason for that.

peeps was showin 50 love when he first started riding with aftermath, the first tracks being wanksta and places 2 go, (I know wanksta was a year old) and 50 was singin on both of em.

on GRODT 50 was singin on what up gangsta, patiently waiting, many men, in da club, high all the time, heat, if i can't, back down, p.i.m.p., and all three bonus tracks. blood hound, like my style and poor lil rich had something weird betwieen 'rapping' and 'singin'. That would leave gotta get and the intro, which wasn't a track, as the non singin part of the album.

"and 50 started singin on every song" <-- would you mind elaborating that ?

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2005, 10:55:12 AM »
check my sig