Author Topic: KOOOBBBEEE  (Read 9291 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: KOOOBBBEEE
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2006, 06:25:08 PM »
Laker defense + Kobe offense = strong playoff team

Negro, quit backpeddling.  You never said COULD, you straight said with the Laker D and the Kobe O, the Lakers are a strong playoff team.  WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU BASING THIS ON? The Lakers aren't even the best team in LA.  You constantly throw out your little bitch disses actin like nobody knows shit about basketball, and you say dumb shit like this.  Do yourself a favor and read some of your statements, and pretend like someone else said them.  You'd be laughin your ass off.  Everytime you open your mouth you play yourself.  Its hilarious, and actually sad.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 06:27:02 PM by Jrome The Damaja »

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2006, 08:07:55 PM »

Negro, quit backpeddling.  You never said COULD, you straight said with the Laker D and the Kobe O, the Lakers are a strong playoff team.  WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU BASING THIS ON? The Lakers aren't even the best team in LA.  You constantly throw out your little bitch disses actin like nobody knows shit about basketball, and you say dumb shit like this.  Do yourself a favor and read some of your statements, and pretend like someone else said them.  You'd be laughin your ass off.  Everytime you open your mouth you play yourself.  Its hilarious, and actually sad.

amen!  and props for you
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2006, 09:31:46 PM »
Then the time has to wait until he has a better team around him.

They just miss a piece of the puzzle, man.
They're like Detroit before Rasheed.
Anyway Jordan had to wait 7 seasons to win his first ring.
Kobe is still in his second non-Shaq season.
But he already have 3 rings.

Detroit w/o Sheed >>> Lakers without __________

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

thatboi

• 'G'
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2006, 09:37:32 PM »
Word he's good but I doubt he'll get 3 more rings to match Jordan. Only time will tale though.
looking for mc's for The Resistance group svh398@hotmail.com get at me.

acbaylove

« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2006, 02:12:55 AM »
It’s really sad how everything is good to disrespect Kobe and hate on him. Kobe has to shoot a lot to carry the offence of his team over his shoulders cause their teammates aren’t scoring by themselves or simply they’re putting up bad stats? And like that he wins a game they were loosing by 20? “Ok, but Jordan was different! He made his teammates involved. He wasn’t a ball hog like Kobe”. What? Who? Jordan? The all-time NBA leader in FGA in a season? The guy who setted an unbeated NBA record for being for 10 years the leader in FGA? That guy? Mmmm..

Kobe makes 81 points in a single game shooting over 60% from the field and globally better than his teammates? ”That’s why he’ll never be like Jordan. He shot too much, he doesn’t share the ball”. Again? Jordan? The one who made 49 shots in a single game back in ‘92? When he was about 3 years older and more mature than today’s Kobe? And when his team was the reigning NBA Champ? That Jordan? Mmmm..

Kobe wins 3 rings being the best SG in the League and one of the Top3 players overall? ”Everybody could have won them rings playing with Shaq”. Yeah? Say it to Malone, Payton, Wade, Penny, H.Grant (the Orlando Magic one), Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Del Harris, etc..Plus it looks like if Jordan won rings with todays Hawks, lol. Wtf? It’s a team game!

Shaq acts like a kid asking tons of money (even if he’s obviously out of shape), then demanding to be traded (“or i’ll retire!”), then dissing Jerry Buss, the guy who made him multi-millionaire, and the whole city of Los Angeles, the city who made him the biggest superstar in the NBA after Jordan...? Blame Kobe! He did it.. Wtf? Mmmm..

The bitch who accused Kobe for the rape case lied? Who cares? Kobe’s still a rapist muthafucka!”. Mmmm..

I’m not saying he’s perfect. I’m not saying he’s better than somebody. But please give him props, sometimes. He didn’t fuck your mother!

acbaylove

« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2006, 02:14:18 AM »
Then the time has to wait until he has a better team around him.

They just miss a piece of the puzzle, man.
They're like Detroit before Rasheed.
Anyway Jordan had to wait 7 seasons to win his first ring.
Kobe is still in his second non-Shaq season.
But he already have 3 rings.

Detroit w/o Sheed >>> Lakers without __________

I disagree. Like i said once give Mourning to this team and they're contenders. And i said Mourning, not Shaq!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2006, 02:17:28 AM »
It's kinda sad to me cause i've always thought Pippen was a smart player who actually knew how to defend. But what he said about Kobe's 81 points performance is 100% hate. He have no points at all. He blamed the new rules, but fuck it. Like i said zonal defence is way more deadly that phisical defence for a guard. Toronto defended man-to-man, then they doubled Kobe, then they used big guys against him trying to contest his jumpshots, they even tried zonal defence. But nothing worked. You gotta give Kobe credits for that performance. If you want to blame the new (?) rules, do it in another article. Shit, that's horrible to me. Pippen used to be like a hero for me, cause he was a true defender, and i love defenders. But his comments was straight bullshit. He lost all his credits to me. What's the next step? To diss Tex Winter cause he placed Kobe in his All-Winter Team instead of Jordan? To diss Phil cause he said that that performance was something Jordan has never done in his career in a single match? To diss Buss cause he chosed Bryant over Shaq?

ToNe is gunna come in here and say something along the lines of "No one hates on Kobe! It's all in the Laker fans minds. You guys are paranoid, everyone loves Kobe...I've never seen Kobe getting hated on."...Just watch. LOL.

U act as if theres this huge group of people on here that arent Laker fans...that agree with u lol. You are obviously going to be biased...youre a Kobe fan. Like i said, you would defend this guy if he raped your mom. Like i said, u have this double standard. You cant call anyone who makes a negative comment about Kobe a hater...and at the same time claim you arent a dickrider for acting as if he's perfect. Its one or the other....either the people who say negative things are haters, and you and others like you are dickriders. OR, they arent haters...and you arent a dickrider. One or the other, chose. Ive had a million posts saying something positive about this guy, AND something negative....and all you can come up with is "youre a Kobe hater" LOL. Thats 12 yr old man. Id expect it from that "Wow im really gay cus i have my favorite ball player as my screename" kid....but cmon NIK, you should know better.

I am not biased, at least not completely...When I see flaws in Kobe's game I point 'em out...Just like when he was shooting a low percentage 3ball earlier in the season, I said he should work on it. Not surprisingly, his 3P% has risen since then. I don't think Kobe is perfect, I just think he's the closest thing on the court to perfect. But nobody's really perfect...are they? You guys are haters beause if LeBron scored 81, you'd be the first ones to say "Kobe would've never been able to do this", "LeBron will definitely surpass Jordan", and all sorts of stupid shit like that...Since it's Kobe, you HAVE to find a way to give the accomplishment less credit than it really deserves...It never fails to amaze me, never...PeACe

u act like im really into Lebron lol. i dont see lebron scoring 81 ever....but i also dont see him shooting that much to score 81. he isnt that kind of player, he scores...but still likes to get his teammates involved. I dont know who will surpass Jordan, or if anyone will for decades. But like i said before, Lebron isnt comparible to Jordan....Kobe either. Jordan had the offensive ability of Kobe, but far better defense. And he had the ability to make his teammates better like Lebron. Like ive said, u seen me give kobe props on different aspects of his game a million times....but that doesnt mean i wont say whats wrong with his game also. Obviously, like you agreed, he's not perfect. I dont think he's the closest thing to perfect in the league by ANY means. But i dont think any one player is. They all play slightly different. if you want to say Kobe is the best scorer in the league, u might have an argument. But is he the best leader? Not close. Is he the best defender? Definetely not. So theres noway to say whos "closest to perfect". Ill give u this...he's the closest thing to perfect on the Lakers  ;D

See, this is where you're wrong. If LeBron likes to get his teammates involved, Kobe LOVES to get his teammates involved. It's just that Kobe's teammates DON'T. Kobe gets them touches, shit, even if you watched the 81 point game, he was setting everyone up for easy looks. And as for his defense defenitely not being the best in the league, well, Jordan wasn't even the best defender on his team. He had Pippen for SO MUCH defensive help. Plus, Kobe is the best perimiter defender in the league, so yes, his defense is as good as it has to be... It's obvious to me that you haven't payed close attention to Kobe's growth as a player in the NBA. It's pretty obvious to me that you base your opinion on ESPN highlights and analysts. Oh yea, lets not forget Sir Charles...I know that deep down inside you know exactly what I mean...PeACe

lol ive probably watched as many laker games as you have this year man. Kobe's "growth" isnt evident in his defense at ALL. I dont know where u get this idea that he's a great defender lol. But ive watched this guy on defense probably more then ive watched his offense. Ive seen him quit on so many plays on D man, and he gets burned....ALOT. Its well known around the league that he isnt considered a great defender. Jordan had Pippen, but Jordan himself was regarded as one of the best defenders in the league. there were years where many considered him the best defensive AND best offensive player in the league. So you cant compare the two at all. Plus, other then those two...they never had any amazing defensive stoppers until Rodman came along. The rest of the team was just role players who only shined because of Jordan. Once he was out of the league...they ALL disappeared. Even Pippen was nowhere NEAR the same player. And cmon man...youre going to tell me that Kobe likes to get his teammates involved more then Lebron? LOL Thats possibly the stupidest comment ive ever heard on this board regarding kobe. I cant even imagine Kobe himself saying somethin so stupid lol. Coaches biggest concern about Lebron since he's been in the league was that he would be TOO unselfish. They wanted him to be more selfish and look for his own shot more. Kobe hasnt exactly had any problem with being selfish since he missed those airballs in the playoffs at the beginning of his career lol. The man loves to shoot...he loves to have his name at the top of the boxscore. Unfortunately for LA, they wont win a championship with this lopsided shit. U say his teammates dont come through...but at the beginning of the year you kept arguing how they have all this talent. how Odom is an all star....etc..etc. Ontop of that, Phil was the "greatest coach ever". Kobe is the so called on court leader of this team. So let me get this strait....they had talent around Kobe, they have the greatest coach ever...Kobe "loves" (lol) to get his teammates involved...but it isnt working. So whos fault is that? The talent u said they had? The coach? Kobe? If the players arent making shots...maybe Kobe should be getting them the ball with more of an opportunity to succeed. Thats what a great player does. He can shoot all he wants, but if he doesnt trust his teammates...he will never win, i guarentee u.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2006, 02:25:58 AM »
What exactly "Jordan had the ability to make teammates better" bullshit means? That's only an american paranoia, probably made by the media to dickride Jordan and to defend his legacy. But to tell you the truth the only player i've seen making his teammates play better than their real potential is Magic Johnson. Period.

LOLOL!

the only player? You need to watch a little more basketball guy. Magic was good at making his teammates better, very good. But the ONLY player? LOL thats really unbelievably ignorant. Theres been tons of players who make their teammates better. Some do it better then others, but what do u have as proof of Magic being better then anyone else? Magic had a TON of talent around him. More then Jordan EVER had in his career. Magic had the luxury of playing alongside one of the most dominant players ever in Kareem. He had good defenders on the squad and good outside shooters always. I put Magic and Bird on the same level really, one notch below Jordan. As for the whole "media" conspiracy theory bullshit youre talking about lol. What could the media possibly gain out of keeping Jordans legacy alive? If anything, it would be the opposite. It would be a much bigger story for the league if they could build up a player to MJ's level on and off the court. There just hasnt been anyone who can fit those shoes. You think the league wouldnt LOVE to have a player that could draw as much attention to the sport as MJ did? Of course they would.

acbaylove

« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2006, 04:51:01 AM »
LOLOL!

the only player? You need to watch a little more basketball guy. Magic was good at making his teammates better, very good. But the ONLY player? LOL thats really unbelievably ignorant. Theres been tons of players who make their teammates better. Some do it better then others, but what do u have as proof of Magic being better then anyone else? Magic had a TON of talent around him. More then Jordan EVER had in his career. Magic had the luxury of playing alongside one of the most dominant players ever in Kareem. He had good defenders on the squad and good outside shooters always. I put Magic and Bird on the same level really, one notch below Jordan.

What's so funny about it? Jordan didn't make his teammates better at all. Not so much to overrate it they way you all do. He was a leader, the best player in the game, the best defender in the league. But he wasn't a team guy. He became a team guy after he retired the first time, since it wasn't possible for him to play "alone" (like "gimme the ball and i'll dunk it") no more. But shit man, the real Jordan wanted the ball in his hands, he wanted the team to work for him, grabbing rebounds, defending hard, passing him the ball in clutch time. He wanted to make shots. I already posted you his records nobody talks about. What if Kobe shot 49 times in a game? Man them Bulls were Jordan's team. Maybe the best team ever, ok. But still.. you know what i mean? Say Jordan is the best ever and i can agree with you (even tho i prefeer Magic), but don't mix him with Magic! Magic was the opposite: he always cared about the team first. He had that "playmaker" mentality so he loved to have everyone involved. Like: "Just run and i'll pass you the ball". Everybody could have been a superstar playing with Magic. Immagine Cedric Ceballos (lol) playing with Magic, running always in offence like a ball hog to score. He could have made like 40 points per game with Magic. And obviously i was talking about Magic, Bird, Jordan, the best players in NBA history, when i said Magic is the only one. Cause even Bonaccorsi from Brindisi, my local team, can make his teammates better, lol.

As for the whole "media" conspiracy theory bullshit youre talking about lol. What could the media possibly gain out of keeping Jordans legacy alive? If anything, it would be the opposite. It would be a much bigger story for the league if they could build up a player to MJ's level on and off the court. There just hasnt been anyone who can fit those shoes. You think the league wouldnt LOVE to have a player that could draw as much attention to the sport as MJ did? Of course they would.

The NBA has used Michael Jordan to promote basketball all around the world, man. And the media too. They've used him to make commercials like nobody in sports history. NBA and Jordan became the same thing, at one point. Jordan WAS the NBA. Everybody wanted it, and it worked damn good. People didn't even know the name of the team of Chicago, but they knew who Jordan was. And they knew he was "an NBA player". Now they're trying to do the same with LeBron James, man. What about LeBron James being called "the next Jordan" when he was still in college? (by the media, i mean). What about LeBron being the most popular player in the NBA as a rookie? What about his Nike contract? They are trying to make the same thing, man. They dickrode his dick so much that he has missed the Playoff for 2 straight season and nobody cared. So much that Kobe is obviously better than him but nobody care. So much that he's putting up worse numbers than in the first 2 seasons, but nobody cares. His popularity is higher than ever. Listen to an NBA game of the Cavs and they spend half of the time dickriding him. That's what they did with Jordan. They only difference is that Jordan was REALLY the best player in the League/ever.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2006, 10:01:54 AM »

Okay, how is that out there? Many analsyts are saying that teams should watch out for the Lakers in the playoffs, some have even predicted them to make the Western Conference Finals...Do you even know what the fuck you're saying? You said Kobe would rather be remembered for 81 points, you're straight ridiculous...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2006, 10:21:32 AM »
It's kinda sad to me cause i've always thought Pippen was a smart player who actually knew how to defend. But what he said about Kobe's 81 points performance is 100% hate. He have no points at all. He blamed the new rules, but fuck it. Like i said zonal defence is way more deadly that phisical defence for a guard. Toronto defended man-to-man, then they doubled Kobe, then they used big guys against him trying to contest his jumpshots, they even tried zonal defence. But nothing worked. You gotta give Kobe credits for that performance. If you want to blame the new (?) rules, do it in another article. Shit, that's horrible to me. Pippen used to be like a hero for me, cause he was a true defender, and i love defenders. But his comments was straight bullshit. He lost all his credits to me. What's the next step? To diss Tex Winter cause he placed Kobe in his All-Winter Team instead of Jordan? To diss Phil cause he said that that performance was something Jordan has never done in his career in a single match? To diss Buss cause he chosed Bryant over Shaq?

ToNe is gunna come in here and say something along the lines of "No one hates on Kobe! It's all in the Laker fans minds. You guys are paranoid, everyone loves Kobe...I've never seen Kobe getting hated on."...Just watch. LOL.

U act as if theres this huge group of people on here that arent Laker fans...that agree with u lol. You are obviously going to be biased...youre a Kobe fan. Like i said, you would defend this guy if he raped your mom. Like i said, u have this double standard. You cant call anyone who makes a negative comment about Kobe a hater...and at the same time claim you arent a dickrider for acting as if he's perfect. Its one or the other....either the people who say negative things are haters, and you and others like you are dickriders. OR, they arent haters...and you arent a dickrider. One or the other, chose. Ive had a million posts saying something positive about this guy, AND something negative....and all you can come up with is "youre a Kobe hater" LOL. Thats 12 yr old man. Id expect it from that "Wow im really gay cus i have my favorite ball player as my screename" kid....but cmon NIK, you should know better.

I am not biased, at least not completely...When I see flaws in Kobe's game I point 'em out...Just like when he was shooting a low percentage 3ball earlier in the season, I said he should work on it. Not surprisingly, his 3P% has risen since then. I don't think Kobe is perfect, I just think he's the closest thing on the court to perfect. But nobody's really perfect...are they? You guys are haters beause if LeBron scored 81, you'd be the first ones to say "Kobe would've never been able to do this", "LeBron will definitely surpass Jordan", and all sorts of stupid shit like that...Since it's Kobe, you HAVE to find a way to give the accomplishment less credit than it really deserves...It never fails to amaze me, never...PeACe

u act like im really into Lebron lol. i dont see lebron scoring 81 ever....but i also dont see him shooting that much to score 81. he isnt that kind of player, he scores...but still likes to get his teammates involved. I dont know who will surpass Jordan, or if anyone will for decades. But like i said before, Lebron isnt comparible to Jordan....Kobe either. Jordan had the offensive ability of Kobe, but far better defense. And he had the ability to make his teammates better like Lebron. Like ive said, u seen me give kobe props on different aspects of his game a million times....but that doesnt mean i wont say whats wrong with his game also. Obviously, like you agreed, he's not perfect. I dont think he's the closest thing to perfect in the league by ANY means. But i dont think any one player is. They all play slightly different. if you want to say Kobe is the best scorer in the league, u might have an argument. But is he the best leader? Not close. Is he the best defender? Definetely not. So theres noway to say whos "closest to perfect". Ill give u this...he's the closest thing to perfect on the Lakers  ;D

See, this is where you're wrong. If LeBron likes to get his teammates involved, Kobe LOVES to get his teammates involved. It's just that Kobe's teammates DON'T. Kobe gets them touches, shit, even if you watched the 81 point game, he was setting everyone up for easy looks. And as for his defense defenitely not being the best in the league, well, Jordan wasn't even the best defender on his team. He had Pippen for SO MUCH defensive help. Plus, Kobe is the best perimiter defender in the league, so yes, his defense is as good as it has to be... It's obvious to me that you haven't payed close attention to Kobe's growth as a player in the NBA. It's pretty obvious to me that you base your opinion on ESPN highlights and analysts. Oh yea, lets not forget Sir Charles...I know that deep down inside you know exactly what I mean...PeACe

lol ive probably watched as many laker games as you have this year man. Kobe's "growth" isnt evident in his defense at ALL. I dont know where u get this idea that he's a great defender lol. But ive watched this guy on defense probably more then ive watched his offense. Ive seen him quit on so many plays on D man, and he gets burned....ALOT. Its well known around the league that he isnt considered a great defender. Jordan had Pippen, but Jordan himself was regarded as one of the best defenders in the league. there were years where many considered him the best defensive AND best offensive player in the league. So you cant compare the two at all. Plus, other then those two...they never had any amazing defensive stoppers until Rodman came along. The rest of the team was just role players who only shined because of Jordan. Once he was out of the league...they ALL disappeared. Even Pippen was nowhere NEAR the same player. And cmon man...youre going to tell me that Kobe likes to get his teammates involved more then Lebron? LOL Thats possibly the stupidest comment ive ever heard on this board regarding kobe. I cant even imagine Kobe himself saying somethin so stupid lol. Coaches biggest concern about Lebron since he's been in the league was that he would be TOO unselfish. They wanted him to be more selfish and look for his own shot more. Kobe hasnt exactly had any problem with being selfish since he missed those airballs in the playoffs at the beginning of his career lol. The man loves to shoot...he loves to have his name at the top of the boxscore. Unfortunately for LA, they wont win a championship with this lopsided shit. U say his teammates dont come through...but at the beginning of the year you kept arguing how they have all this talent. how Odom is an all star....etc..etc. Ontop of that, Phil was the "greatest coach ever". Kobe is the so called on court leader of this team. So let me get this strait....they had talent around Kobe, they have the greatest coach ever...Kobe "loves" (lol) to get his teammates involved...but it isnt working. So whos fault is that? The talent u said they had? The coach? Kobe? If the players arent making shots...maybe Kobe should be getting them the ball with more of an opportunity to succeed. Thats what a great player does. He can shoot all he wants, but if he doesnt trust his teammates...he will never win, i guarentee u.

First of all, I doubt you've seen as many Laker games as me this year unless you've seen every single one...Shit, I've even been to a few games this season already, 2 of them being road games. I don't worship Kobe like you think, I'm simply a fan, a fan who's proud of having the greatest player in the world on his team. Kobe's D is great, yes, he gets burned sometimes, but WTF? Everyone does, especially guards. Jordan got burned ALL the time, Pippen was just there to bail him out on D. It made Jordan look good...When a guard passes Kobe, we have no one to stop the ball. With that being said, Kobe is still the best perimiter defender in the league. He stops the ball a lot, more than any other shooting guard, especially when playoff time comes...LeBron is a passer, yes, but sometimes I see Sasha hitting a 3 or Bynum dunking on someone, and this great big smile lights up on Kobe's face, like he's the happiest person in the world when his teammates start to fall into place and play like Phil wants them to. He loves it, he loves when the Lakers are balanced. LeBron, of course, is more of a passer, but I still think Kobe loves seeing his players develop together with him more than anyone in the league...We have a strong team here, I said it and I'll say it again, but they aren't very consistant. They tend to forget their places on the floor, they tend to get into these slumps, they tend to defer to Kobe when they're tired...But when they do perform to expectations, this team is great, the offense flows smoothly, the defense looks awesome...I think (and I hope) that that's the Laker team we'll see EVERY night come playoff time. I believe they'll have everything together by then, enough so that they wont get into those slumps they've currently been getting into...Kobe trusts his teammates, it's just that sometimes they don't trust themselves...It will all be balanced come playoff time..."i guarentee u."

wcsoldier

« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2006, 10:29:23 AM »
This thread just shows haters always gonna hate. There just would be "Congratulations", "Unbelievable"....
They just keep arguing "Jordan is better ", "Kobe is a ball hog" blah blah type of shit. Whether you like or hate him, diss a player who scored 81 is just  :grumpy: and it's goes to all these so called analysts too.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2006, 10:30:40 AM »
What exactly "Jordan had the ability to make teammates better" bullshit means? That's only an american paranoia, probably made by the media to dickride Jordan and to defend his legacy. But to tell you the truth the only player i've seen making his teammates play better than their real potential is Magic Johnson. Period.

LOLOL!

the only player? You need to watch a little more basketball guy. Magic was good at making his teammates better, very good. But the ONLY player? LOL thats really unbelievably ignorant. Theres been tons of players who make their teammates better. Some do it better then others, but what do u have as proof of Magic being better then anyone else? Magic had a TON of talent around him. More then Jordan EVER had in his career. Magic had the luxury of playing alongside one of the most dominant players ever in Kareem. He had good defenders on the squad and good outside shooters always. I put Magic and Bird on the same level really, one notch below Jordan. As for the whole "media" conspiracy theory bullshit youre talking about lol. What could the media possibly gain out of keeping Jordans legacy alive? If anything, it would be the opposite. It would be a much bigger story for the league if they could build up a player to MJ's level on and off the court. There just hasnt been anyone who can fit those shoes. You think the league wouldnt LOVE to have a player that could draw as much attention to the sport as MJ did? Of course they would.

Marketing was just taking off when Jordan got into the league. The media was getting into the game more than ever...The NBA needed an icon, and Jordan was there. If it was Kobe drafted in '84 to the Bulls and Jordan in '96 to the Lakers, I bet you ANYTHING we'd be talking about Kobe being the NBA God...I just think it would be too hard for people to say "Kobe is better than Jordan"... even if he ever did surpass Jordan, I still think that Jordan will forever be remembered as the NBA God, even if better players do emerge...Sorta' like Babe Ruth with baseball.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

First of all, I doubt you've seen as many Laker games as me this year unless you've seen every single one...Shit, I've even been to a few games this season already, 2 of them being road games. I don't worship Kobe like you think, I'm simply a fan, a fan who's proud of having the greatest player in the world on his team. Kobe's D is great, yes, he gets burned sometimes, but WTF? Everyone does, especially guards. Jordan got burned ALL the time, Pippen was just there to bail him out on D. It made Jordan look good...When a guard passes Kobe, we have no one to stop the ball. With that being said, Kobe is still the best perimiter defender in the league. He stops the ball a lot, more than any other shooting guard, especially when playoff time comes...LeBron is a passer, yes, but sometimes I see Sasha hitting a 3 or Bynum dunking on someone, and this great big smile lights up on Kobe's face, like he's the happiest person in the world when his teammates start to fall into place and play like Phil wants them to. He loves it, he loves when the Lakers are balanced. LeBron, of course, is more of a passer, but I still think Kobe loves seeing his players develop together with him more than anyone in the league...We have a strong team here, I said it and I'll say it again, but they aren't very consistant. They tend to forget their places on the floor, they tend to get into these slumps, they tend to defer to Kobe when they're tired...But when they do perform to expectations, this team is great, the offense flows smoothly, the defense looks awesome...I think (and I hope) that that's the Laker team we'll see EVERY night come playoff time. I believe they'll have everything together by then, enough so that they wont get into those slumps they've currently been getting into...Kobe trusts his teammates, it's just that sometimes they don't trust themselves...It will all be balanced come playoff time..."i guarentee u."

i just dont know where u get this "Kobe is the best perimieter defender in the league"? Ive never heard that come out of ONE persons mouth around the league. The players dont think that, the coaches dont think that, the media doesnt think that...nobody does. U honestly think he'll be all defensive first team this year? lol I doubt it. Probably not 1st....2nd....or 3rd. As for Jordan, youre right Jordan did get burned some. But it wasnt the same as Kobe. I see Kobe quit on defense a LOT. Jordan got burned some, but if u watched those games back in the day youd also see how Jordan played alot of his D. He was the first person i saw to actually allow his player to get by him just a little, so he could swat the ball from behind on a 10 foot jumper. This isnt to say that Lebron has the best D either, he needs to work on his also. He's young, so hopefully he'll figure it out. As far as Kobe's teammates not trusting themselves. That goes both ways. They need confidence....obviously. But part of that confidence comes from Kobe. The opinion around the league has been that in order for this team to win, Kobe will have to learn to trust his teammates. And, at the same time...his teammates will have to come through when he does give them the ball. Right now, u can tell neither of those are happening. We could go back and forth forever on whos to blame. You can say Kobe doesnt have confidence in his teammates cus they dont knock down shots, so thats why he doesnt give up the ball more. I can say that his teammates have no confidence because they get the ball so little, that they have no chance to get into the rhythm of the game. I think both Kobe AND his teammates need to adjust. When their offense looks so stagnant, i dont blame only Kobe...but i also dont blame only his teammates. At some point he needs to just trust them, if they miss shots...they miss shots. But he cant try to do everything on offense or else the rest of team will NEVER grow. Players learn from their own mistakes in the game. Dont u think, that in Kobe's early years when he had those fuckups in the playoffs, and his game looked so immature at times, it actually helped him in the long run? Im guessing he looks at it that way, which means he needs to see that in these players and let them grow. Right now, they all suck man. But remember, no one has confidence in them. The media doesnt, other teams dont respect them, their own teammate (the star of their team) doesnt, and i dont even think the coach does all that much.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2006, 12:31:26 AM »

i just dont know where u get this "Kobe is the best perimieter defender in the league"? Ive never heard that come out of ONE persons mouth around the league. The players dont think that, the coaches dont think that, the media doesnt think that...nobody does. U honestly think he'll be all defensive first team this year? lol I doubt it.

“I think Kobe is the best perimeter defender in the league…”
-NBA Analyst David DuPree

Probably not 1st....2nd....or 3rd. As for Jordan, youre right Jordan did get burned some. But it wasnt the same as Kobe. I see Kobe quit on defense a LOT. Jordan got burned some, but if u watched those games back in the day youd also see how Jordan played alot of his D. He was the first person i saw to actually allow his player to get by him just a little, so he could swat the ball from behind on a 10 foot jumper. This isnt to say that Lebron has the best D either, he needs to work on his also. He's young, so hopefully he'll figure it out. As far as Kobe's teammates not trusting themselves. That goes both ways. They need confidence....obviously. But part of that confidence comes from Kobe. The opinion around the league has been that in order for this team to win, Kobe will have to learn to trust his teammates. And, at the same time...his teammates will have to come through when he does give them the ball. Right now, u can tell neither of those are happening. We could go back and forth forever on whos to blame. You can say Kobe doesnt have confidence in his teammates cus they dont knock down shots, so thats why he doesnt give up the ball more. I can say that his teammates have no confidence because they get the ball so little, that they have no chance to get into the rhythm of the game. I think both Kobe AND his teammates need to adjust. When their offense looks so stagnant, i dont blame only Kobe...but i also dont blame only his teammates. At some point he needs to just trust them, if they miss shots...they miss shots. But he cant try to do everything on offense or else the rest of team will NEVER grow. Players learn from their own mistakes in the game. Dont u think, that in Kobe's early years when he had those fuckups in the playoffs, and his game looked so immature at times, it actually helped him in the long run? Im guessing he looks at it that way, which means he needs to see that in these players and let them grow. Right now, they all suck man. But remember, no one has confidence in them. The media doesnt, other teams dont respect them, their own teammate (the star of their team) doesnt, and i dont even think the coach does all that much.

LMAO. You've gotta be joking. You HONESTLY don't think Kobe's gunna make AT LEAST All-Defensive 3rd team? LOLOLOL. I'll mark you on that one buddy...And the thing I'm saying is KOBE DOES SET HIS TEAMMATES UP. This is how I know you don't watch Laker games, he ALWAYS dishes it out for open looks, outside AND underneath. I can't believe you can say Kobe doesn't respect his teammates, that's straight up disgusting. It's just that with this team, their confidence is up and down, they're not grounded yet. So sometimes when he gets them those open looks, they don't convert, and it doesn't always show up in Kobe's assist column. Do you only read the box score?...Kobe can easily average 7-10 assists a night if his teammates were more consistant. It's hit-and-miss, shit, the Lakers were lucky they won tonight...But I bet you anything that they're gunna come out firing Sunday in Detroit...PeACe