Author Topic: X-Cecutioners feat. Xzibit, Paraohe Monch,...  (Read 207 times)

Suga Foot

X-Cecutioners feat. Xzibit, Paraohe Monch,...
« on: March 18, 2002, 03:08:38 PM »
X-Cecutioners feat. Xzibit, Paraohe Monch, Inspecta Deck & Skills "Y'all Know The Name"

Just thought I'd Let y'all know about this song.  It's alright, worth checkin out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

KVB

Re: X-Cecutioners feat. Xzibit, Paraohe Monch,...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 05:50:38 PM »
^ That's a dope song... I think most people here slept on that one.

The_Kush

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 06:14:24 PM »
The whole album is a must have.
Pure heat!
Don't sleep on it,pick it up

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 06:53:15 PM »
yea i got the album, thaz a dope song

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2002, 07:50:41 PM »
someone should do a review on this album, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

The_Kush

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2002, 08:11:48 PM »
This album don't needs review,its bangin.
Must have.
from cdnow.com

"youthful soldiers waiting their turn to spit a few bars. While DJs have long been given second billing -- assigned to lay the foundation over which the poets flow --there have always existed a few brave DJs who step into the spotlight themselves to display the true tricks of the trade and re-assert the DJ's rightful place of prominence. The X-ecutioners are four such men, as proved on their latest effort, Built From Scratch -- where they segue between rhyme and rhythm with unholy precision.
Formed in 1988 to overthrow then-reigning DJ champs, Rob Swift, Mista Sinista, Roc Raida, and Total Eclipse have since demolished all competition. Now, with their West Coast counterparts, The Invisibl Skratch Picklz, disbanded, the X-ecutioners remain the last men standing. On Scratch, their second full-length release, they masterfully explore breakbeat fusion, flowing smoothly from scratch to hip-hop to rock and everything in between.

A surprisingly strong appearance by Linkin Park adds a heavy feel mid-album, but not nearly as crunching as the utter thrashing M.O.P. offers with "Let it Bang." "A Journey Into Sound" watches Kenny Muhammed get wicked on the beatbox as the organic electronica existent on "3 Boroughs," "Feel the Bass," and "X-ecutioners Scratch" highlights what these men do best. Another sleeper is the Tom Tom Club's rendition of "Genius of Love," a throwback so retro you begin looking through old Motown jackets for turntables, but nothing on this disc is as perfect as the pairing of Pharoahe Monch and Xzibit's tag-teaming on "Y'all Know the Name."

Existing in a musical culture constantly professing itself "evolutionary" (as most rap-rock fusionists think adding a reggae break equals innovation) X-ecutioners concern themselves first with the mother beat, subsequently adding an array of layers that span the spectrum of sound. With this indivisible approach they capture the essence of what DJ culture represents: a boundless rhythm for the world to dance to."