Author Topic: NBA All-Star Starters  (Read 753 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

NBA All-Star Starters
« on: February 02, 2006, 11:44:48 PM »
West Coach Avery Johnson

PG Steve Nash
SG Kobe Bryant
C   Yao Ming
PF Tim Duncan
SF Tracy McGrady

East Coach Flip Saunders

PG Allen Iverson
SG Dwayne Wade
C   Shaquille O'neal
PF Jermaine O'neal (out with injury)
SF  Lebron James

Rasheed should take Jermaine's spot for the East since he's out with the injury. The East lineup looks about right. But the West, i dunno lol. Yao was the leading vote-getter....wow. Duncans been slowed all year with that foot problem so his numbers havent been up to par. But if he's starting id rather them move him to the center spot and have Dirk play the PF. Dirk should definetely be starting IMO. Yao shouldnt even really be on the bench for the All Star game this year. How much has he even played?! Problem is, there arent that many great centers out there. Especially in the West. Mostly great forwards.

ecrazy

Re: NBA All-Star Starters
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:01:15 AM »
Elton Brand SHOULD be Starting for the West....He Is THE BEST PF in the West this season, best numbers and he his carrying the clippers on his back right now, Brand>>>>Duncan

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 12:37:04 AM »
Elton Brand SHOULD be Starting for the West....He Is THE BEST PF in the West this season, best numbers and he his carrying the clippers on his back right now, Brand>>>>Duncan

yeah like i said, Duncans been strugglin with that Plantar Fasciitis all season so his numbers have dipped. But its hard for players newer to the All Star spotlight to break through when other players have such a rep...or are popular among voters. Plus, the fact that the All Star game is in the MIDDLE of the season has something to do with it. It always takes at least one whole season off All Star performances (sometimes more, ask Billups) before people buy into u. Tons of players have All Star "like" streaks through a season. But to overtake a player who is considered one of the greatest ever already, is hard without at least a whole season of recognition.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 12:40:19 AM »

one more thing, i dont see Elton as the "best in the west" this season. I see his numbers as being the best. Not really the same thing. U cant penalize players for having a great team around them and a lot of other players who can score. If the Clips had an amazing cast of players with a bunch of scoring potential around Brand. So his scoring average dipped, but his team had 10 more wins then they do now...would he be a worse player then he is now?

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 12:46:28 AM »
Don't forget Parker impact to explain the drop in Duncan numbers too. Yep Nowitzki should start, Brand aswell. Will Rasheed start instead of going to the beach with his wife ?  ;D

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 04:53:54 AM »

Fo sho!   And Id much rather see KG, Brand and Dirk in the starting lineup than Duncan, Yao and TMac......

As for the East, you know Chris Bosh really DESERVES to be the starter, but I'll be happy enough with him coming off the bench.  Bosh>>>Any PF in the east.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 05:02:59 AM »
can someone from the UK tell me when/where this is on? thanx
NO MORE WAR

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 05:13:57 AM »
Get over it E-crazy. My man Nowitzki is underappreciated as well. That's just what it is. Nobody who knows basketball thinks Yao should start every game from his rookie year until he retires, but he will. It's called fan votes. It's about who's established, popular and flashy.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »

Fo sho!   And Id much rather see KG, Brand and Dirk in the starting lineup than Duncan, Yao and TMac......

As for the East, you know Chris Bosh really DESERVES to be the starter, but I'll be happy enough with him coming off the bench.  Bosh>>>Any PF in the east.

Well, currently, Chris Bosh is second best to Jermaine O'Neal...If Jermaine O'Neal doesn't start, Bosh should take his place...Rasheed Wallace is great, but Bosh should start over him...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 09:21:15 AM »
Get over it E-crazy. My man Nowitzki is underappreciated as well. That's just what it is. Nobody who knows basketball thinks Yao should start every game from his rookie year until he retires, but he will. It's called fan votes. It's about who's established, popular and flashy.

It's called China...

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 09:31:30 AM »
the all star voting process should be a culmination of fan votes as well as votes from like the associated press or the nba coaches or personell or whatever cuz the fans never get it right and ppl who r deserving of getting an all star nod are left out, and when ppl look at players' accolades down the road the all star appearances can be misleading like the case wit yao whos going to prolly be in like 10 consecutive all star games by the time he retires.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 09:45:36 AM »

It's called China...

LOL!

That's all the starters are...the people who get the most publicity and who have been there before. 

Jeff Van Gundy was quoted as saying something along the lines of no team under .500 should have a starter in the All-Star game.  I believe that to be true.  Yao and T-Mac, although good, shouldn't be starting if their team is under-achieving like it is.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 10:46:55 AM »
the all star voting process should be a culmination of fan votes as well as votes from like the associated press or the nba coaches or personell or whatever cuz the fans never get it right and ppl who r deserving of getting an all star nod are left out, and when ppl look at players' accolades down the road the all star appearances can be misleading like the case wit yao whos going to prolly be in like 10 consecutive all star games by the time he retires.

Fans only decide the starters...

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »

Well, currently, Chris Bosh is second best to Jermaine O'Neal...If Jermaine O'Neal doesn't start, Bosh should take his place...Rasheed Wallace is great, but Bosh should start over him...
Fuck that.....Bosh>>>>>>>>>>>Jermaine Oneal..............go to NBA.com and look at the numbers man

Chris Bosh eff. is +24.52.......Jermaine Oneal is +22.06

So according to the numbers, Bosh is a better player.  Oneal is always hurt anyway.  I had him on my fantasy team last year and he was injured all the time, same story this year with him. 

CB4, best PF in the east.

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 11:24:57 AM »

Fuck that.....Bosh>>>>>>>>>>>Jermaine Oneal..............go to NBA.com and look at the numbers man

Chris Bosh eff. is +24.52.......Jermaine Oneal is +22.06

So according to the numbers, Bosh is a better player.  Oneal is always hurt anyway.  I had him on my fantasy team last year and he was injured all the time, same story this year with him. 

CB4, best PF in the east.
In 07/08 Bosh will be one of the best PF in the West  8)