Author Topic: Spurs call for Uefa rule change  (Read 204 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Spurs call for Uefa rule change
« on: April 21, 2006, 08:48:44 AM »

Spurs call for Uefa rule change

The Premier League has lobbied Uefa to change rules that could deny Tottenham a place in the Champions League next season, reports BBC Radio Five Live.

New rules brought in this season would deny Spurs if they finish fourth in the Premiership and rivals Arsenal finish below them but win the European Cup.

Last season Uefa handed a place to European champions Liverpool despite them finishing outside the top four.

But it is thought Uefa is reluctant to bend the rules this time around.

Spurs are four points ahead of London neighbours Arsenal, who have a game in hand and play host to Tottenham on Saturday.

Arsenal are leading 1-0 after the first leg of their Champions League semi-final with Villarreal and there seems a real chance that last season's nightmare scenario involving Liverpool and Everton could be repeated.

In that case Liverpool, who finished fifth in the Premiership last season, were given the chance to defend the trophy without it effecting fourth-placed Everton.

But Uefa was quick to bring in new rules stating a maximum of four clubs from any one country can enter the Champions League.

The new regulations also said the fourth place will go to the Champions League winners rather than the team finishing fourth.

But it is clear Spurs will lobby hard to ensure they do not miss out on a lucrative Champions League place rather the dropping into the Uefa Cup.
NO MORE WAR

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Spurs call for Uefa rule change
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:22:33 AM »
shit i thought u were talkin bout the nba team spurs ;D

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »
spurs are shit and dont deserve to be in europe anyway

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 08:59:46 PM »
shit i thought u were talkin bout the nba team spurs ;D
yeah me 2 :D