Author Topic: Anyone else dig Kevin Smith movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma etc)  (Read 1231 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Re: Anyone else dig Kevin Smith movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma etc)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 11:28:44 PM »
Hell yes!...Fuckin classics. All i have 2 say on the matter coz theres waaaay 2 many quotables.

The Maestro

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 12:20:19 AM »
Jersey Girl kinda sucked. George Carlin couldn't even save it.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 07:52:14 AM »
jay and silent bob strike back when they are in the cow restraunt

when the hottie walks in and jay is like visualizing and starts licking his finger, its always a good one to reproduce in public :-[

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 10:44:30 AM »
jay and silent bob strike back when they are in the cow restraunt

when the hottie walks in and jay is like visualizing and starts licking his finger, its always a good one to reproduce in public :-[

That scene is great, the cup thing: "I just use that so no guys try to grab my shit or nothin."
"Dude, I think I just filled the cup."

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 08:38:43 AM »
"would u fuck a sheep if you were another sheep?" Fuckin classic, Jay and Silent Bob strike back is my fave followed closely by dogma

[img]

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 09:26:01 AM »
"would u fuck a sheep if you were another sheep?" Fuckin classic, Jay and Silent Bob strike back is my fave followed closely by dogma

LOL, "Hey this motherfucker's not one of us, he said he'd fuck a sheep!!"

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 03:39:13 PM »
"Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" is supposed to take place the same day as "Clerks", which explains the last shot in "Clerks" of Jay & Silent Bob with the chimp walking down the street...PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 04:02:16 PM »
Since this thread has ben brought back up. Clerks 2 trailer is out on youtube. Smith even does a youtube exclusive in another video. He gives a shout out to youtubers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 04:04:46 PM »
The trailer actually came on before "Scary Movie 4"...Man, Dante & Randal look all washed up. Should still be great though...PeACe

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 05:55:35 PM »
"Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" is supposed to take place the same day as "Clerks", which explains the last shot in "Clerks" of Jay & Silent Bob with the chimp walking down the street...PeACe

Actually that scene is from Mall Rats.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 09:42:12 AM »

Yea, I confused 'em...But it still takes place the same day as "Clerks"..."Mallrats" takes place before "Clerks"...PeACe

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 09:44:44 AM »

Yea, I confused 'em...But it still takes place the same day as "Clerks"..."Mallrats" takes place before "Clerks"...PeACe

Can't be the same day, since Clerks ends at night time.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 10:27:35 AM »

Then you obviously haven't paid attention to "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back"...The continuity is probably fucked up and all, but Randal and Dante are still in the Quick Stop together, with the same sign out front ("I Assure You, We're Open!") and with Dante continuisly complaining ("I'm not even supposed to be here today!")...Then Randal tells Jay "Hey, I said no dealing in front of the store!" (a refrence to a scene which took place earlier that day in "Clerks" where Randal asked Jay not to deal in front of the store)...Then Dante and Randal file a restraining order on Jay & Silent Bob, and they have to leave Quick Stop...That's when their adevnture begins...Watch it again if you don't believe me...PeACe

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 01:41:48 PM »

Then you obviously haven't paid attention to "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back"...The continuity is probably fucked up and all, but Randal and Dante are still in the Quick Stop together, with the same sign out front ("I Assure You, We're Open!") and with Dante continuisly complaining ("I'm not even supposed to be here today!")...Then Randal tells Jay "Hey, I said no dealing in front of the store!" (a refrence to a scene which took place earlier that day in "Clerks" where Randal asked Jay not to deal in front of the store)...Then Dante and Randal file a restraining order on Jay & Silent Bob, and they have to leave Quick Stop...That's when their adevnture begins...Watch it again if you don't believe me...PeACe

No, I noticed all of that. Other than the fact that Clerks ends at night, all signs point towards it being the same day. I'm just pointing out that the night scenes and ending in Clerks point to more of a continuity error than anything.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 02:23:06 PM »

No, I noticed all of that. Other than the fact that Clerks ends at night, all signs point towards it being the same day. I'm just pointing out that the night scenes and ending in Clerks point to more of a continuity error than anything.

Alright...Just thought you didn't believe it was supposed to be the same day.