Author Topic: Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson  (Read 1990 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 10:30:37 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Phil: Got lucky with his teams.. barely makes the playoffs with a team that doesn't involve the best SG or the best C ever and a great sidekick each
How many rings did Jordan & Pippen have without Phil? How about Kobe & Shaq?

lol how many rings does Phil have without Jordan/Pippen? Kobe/Shaq?

What did Red Aurbach say about Phil? "He picks his spots"

Like Red Aurbach is one to talk, he had Russel & Havlichek. The Celtics won with Russel as a player/coach.

ok..so according to your quote. Phil was reason the Bulls and Lakers 3peated? Not Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, Kobe? lol Phil has always been overrated to me. He's a good coach and all, but not nearly as good as his win percentage says. This year he FINALLY has a team that isnt expected to at least compete for a title. It isnt like he's Larry Brown who has gone to numerous teams that were in terrible shape when he got there.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 10:31:31 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Phil: Got lucky with his teams.. barely makes the playoffs with a team that doesn't involve the best SG or the best C ever and a great sidekick each

as for the Cuban quote. remember, Cuban is responding to Phil's accusations that the referees favor the Mavs when they go t Dallas cus theyre intimidated by Cuban. Because he has people review the tapes of the games and sends them into the league if there are mistakes. So Phil said that the Mavs have an unfair advantage. Cuban sayin he "owns Phil" is him saying that Phil thinks about him so much, that he must own him. Im not a big Cuban fan, but honestly i dont see anything wrong with him having ex-referees exam tapes of the games and send them to the league offices when there are big mistakes made. The only problem is that the other owners dont do the same. Ive always hated the idea that the refs are SO untouchable. They SHOULD be held more accountable when they fuck up.

Bottom line, the officiating last night in Dallas more than proved Phil Jackson's point...Mark Cuban simply got extra bitter about it.

i didnt watch the game, so i dunno about last nights game. but the thing im sayin is, if more owners or GM's or whatever stood up the officiating when its bad (as in, sending in official complaints and video tape to the league office), then no one would have any type of advantage (if Cuban really does have one). Also, the refs WOULD be ontop of their game a little more with the added pressure to perform. believe me man, im not defending Cuban. I dont hate the guy, but i dont like him either. he's kind of a fuckin wierdo to me anyways. i was just respondin to the dood who thought this was all Cuban goin after Phil...when really it was Phil complaining about Cuban.
They called 2 flagarnt fouls in the first couple of minutes that you could tell weren't flagarnt easily. Then they kept on Ting up Lakers. I've seen Kobe take harder fouls that weren't even called fouls let alone a flagarnt.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 10:34:48 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Like Red Aurbach is one to talk, he had Russel & Havlichek. The Celtics won with Russel as a player/coach.

ok..so according to your quote. Phil was reason the Bulls and Lakers 3peated? Not Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, Kobe? lol Phil has always been overrated to me. He's a good coach and all, but not nearly as good as his win percentage says. This year he FINALLY has a team that isnt expected to at least compete for a title. It isnt like he's Larry Brown who has gone to numerous teams that were in terrible shape when he got there.
I'm not saying he's not the reason behind, but he was a major catalyst. The fact of the matter is both Pippen & Joran and Kobe & Shaq played a couple of years together and didn't do anything but make it to the playoffs and they both won when he got there.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

as for the Cuban quote. remember, Cuban is responding to Phil's accusations that the referees favor the Mavs when they go t Dallas cus theyre intimidated by Cuban. Because he has people review the tapes of the games and sends them into the league if there are mistakes. So Phil said that the Mavs have an unfair advantage. Cuban sayin he "owns Phil" is him saying that Phil thinks about him so much, that he must own him. Im not a big Cuban fan, but honestly i dont see anything wrong with him having ex-referees exam tapes of the games and send them to the league offices when there are big mistakes made. The only problem is that the other owners dont do the same. Ive always hated the idea that the refs are SO untouchable. They SHOULD be held more accountable when they fuck up.

Bottom line, the officiating last night in Dallas more than proved Phil Jackson's point...Mark Cuban simply got extra bitter about it.

i didnt watch the game, so i dunno about last nights game. but the thing im sayin is, if more owners or GM's or whatever stood up the officiating when its bad (as in, sending in official complaints and video tape to the league office), then no one would have any type of advantage (if Cuban really does have one). Also, the refs WOULD be ontop of their game a little more with the added pressure to perform. believe me man, im not defending Cuban. I dont hate the guy, but i dont like him either. he's kind of a fuckin wierdo to me anyways. i was just respondin to the dood who thought this was all Cuban goin after Phil...when really it was Phil complaining about Cuban.
They called 2 flagarnt fouls in the first couple of minutes that you could tell weren't flagarnt easily. Then they kept on Ting up Lakers. I've seen Kobe take harder fouls that weren't even called fouls let alone a flagarnt.

yeah i dunno. maybe it was officialed badly. who knows. Phil has been in the league how long now tho? To assume its ALL because of Cuban is a little paranoid tho. I mean, maybe it is i dunno. None of us do. Phil wouldnt even know. But i guarentee you Phil has been on the positive side of PLENTY of officiated games so he should suck it up. He's had Jordan who would draw a foul on a defender before the game started. And Kobe who gets his fair share off ticky tack calls in his favor every game. he's had Fish who would flop and get a call if u breathed on him. Shit, he even had the Mailman, who flopped all game even when a 5'10", 175 pound point guard ran into him.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 10:39:45 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

I'm not saying he's not the reason behind, but he was a major catalyst. The fact of the matter is both Pippen & Joran and Kobe & Shaq played a couple of years together and didn't do anything but make it to the playoffs and they both won when he got there.

that is a fact. but when he doesnt win a championship this year all that really goes out the window. your argument is that those guys never won a championship with Phil. This year, Phil wont win a championship without them. he has Kobe sure, but he doesnt have some great team like he's had. coaching is great, and coaches are important. but when it comes down to it, coaches dont win championships...players do.

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 10:48:40 PM »
no doubt he's a great coach but let's not act as if he could do magic tricks nigga
let's not hate too much today  ;)

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 12:35:44 AM »
Oh shit, the NBA looks like italian soccer now.. :-\

wcsoldier

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 05:36:02 AM »
Lol at those who think Phil is overrated coz he always has the chance to have great players. What about this year with this so young , unxeperienced team and so few bench deepness? You gonna tell me every coach in the nba would currently do that ?!!! you better kidding me

acbaylove

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 07:10:52 AM »
We're 1 win-away from the 7th spot in the West, and we have the same record of Denver (3rd spot). Great job by Phil.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 07:47:05 AM »
Lol at those who think Phil is overrated coz he always has the chance to have great players. What about this year with this so young , unxeperienced team and so few bench deepness? You gonna tell me every coach in the nba would currently do that ?!!! you better kidding me

the definition of "overrated" is being rated higher then you should. no one ever said he isnt a great coach. but its pretty obvious that he's had some unbelievable help along the way because of the players he's had. he's probably had more talent during his championship runs then any coach has in recent history. he is one of the better coaches in the league thats a given. but i wouldnt even put him in the top 3.

acbaylove

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 09:23:17 AM »

the definition of "overrated" is being rated higher then you should. no one ever said he isnt a great coach. but its pretty obvious that he's had some unbelievable help along the way because of the players he's had. he's probably had more talent during his championship runs then any coach has in recent history. he is one of the better coaches in the league thats a given. but i wouldnt even put him in the top 3.

Sorry but that's 100% bullshit. First of all it's not only that Phil was "lucky" to have the pleasure to coach Jordan and Pippen. It's Jordan and Pippen who wanted to be coached only by Phil, cause they thought Phil was fundamental. Remember Jordan when his contract with the Bulls ended? He basically retired because Phil left. And Pippen went to Portland for the same reason. So give him some props, man. The two you say were fundamental to win them rings gave Phil 50% of the props. But you are denying it just cause he's the coach of the Lakers. And about L.A., the most skilled team i remember from the last couple of years is the last Del Harris one: no rings. Miami is a skilled team too (Wade+Shaq+them all): no rings. Portland was a fully loaded team (with Pippen too): no rings (tsk, it feels good being a Laker fan). Dallas has billions to spend to make a good team, but still no rings. Phoenix is mad skilled: no rings. The Kings were probably better a couple of years ago, but the Lakers won. Your Spurs were a great team too, but we won more. You can't simply say Phil was lucky to coach them, c'mon. The difference between him and the rest of todays NBA coaches is that he won rings, the others didn't. Except 2-3 of them. Phil had the intelligence and the knowledge to win it all. 9x. Give the dude some credits.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 09:27:01 AM by Antonio »

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 09:46:37 AM »

Sorry but that's 100% bullshit. First of all it's not only that Phil was "lucky" to have the pleasure to coach Jordan and Pippen. It's Jordan and Pippen who wanted to be coached only by Phil, cause they thought Phil was fundamental. Remember Jordan when his contract with the Bulls ended? He basically retired because Phil left. And Pippen went to Portland for the same reason. So give him some props, man. The two you say were fundamental to win them rings gave Phil 50% of the props. But you are denying it just cause he's the coach of the Lakers. And about L.A., the most skilled team i remember from the last couple of years is the last Del Harris one: no rings. Miami is a skilled team too (Wade+Shaq+them all): no rings. Portland was a fully loaded team (with Pippen too): no rings (tsk, it feels good being a Laker fan). Dallas has billions to spend to make a good team, but still no rings. Phoenix is mad skilled: no rings. The Kings were probably better a couple of years ago, but the Lakers won. Your Spurs were a great team too, but we won more. You can't simply say Phil was lucky to coach them, c'mon. The difference between him and the rest of todays NBA coaches is that he won rings, the others didn't. Except 2-3 of them. Phil had the intelligence and the knowledge to win it all. 9x. Give the dude some credits.

i didnt really read your whole post, i admit. like i said, if the Lakers win the championship this year. then i was wrong. if not, then im right.

also, arent u the same guy that had no confidence in your team earlier? i cant quite remember, but werent u and NIK arguing back n forth because he kept supporting the Lakers when u werent? So dont come at me with that "Laker fan" bullshit. I dont consider u one.

acbaylove

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2006, 09:55:16 AM »

i didnt really read your whole post, i admit. like i said, if the Lakers win the championship this year. then i was wrong. if not, then im right.

also, arent u the same guy that had no confidence in your team earlier? i cant quite remember, but werent u and NIK arguing back n forth because he kept supporting the Lakers when u werent? So dont come at me with that "Laker fan" bullshit. I dont consider u one.

Fine. I'll never waste my time arguing with you again.

wcsoldier

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 10:05:39 AM »

. like i said, if the Lakers win the championship this year. then i was wrong. if not, then im right.

:sign_banhim:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Yea, complaints should be made and it should strengthen officiating, but it shouldn't give one owners team the advantage due to the fact that no one else but him complains. Reffing should be fair regardless, there's no excuse. Whether Jackson chooses to interrogate the refs or not should not have an affect on the fairness of the refs...