Author Topic: Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson  (Read 1991 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2006, 10:13:54 AM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Phil: Got lucky with his teams.. barely makes the playoffs with a team that doesn't involve the best SG or the best C ever and a great sidekick each
How many rings did Jordan & Pippen have without Phil? How about Kobe & Shaq?

lol how many rings does Phil have without Jordan/Pippen? Kobe/Shaq?

What did Red Aurbach say about Phil? "He picks his spots"

Like Red Aurbach is one to talk, he had Russel & Havlichek. The Celtics won with Russel as a player/coach.

ok..so according to your quote. Phil was reason the Bulls and Lakers 3peated? Not Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, Kobe? lol Phil has always been overrated to me. He's a good coach and all, but not nearly as good as his win percentage says. This year he FINALLY has a team that isnt expected to at least compete for a title. It isnt like he's Larry Brown who has gone to numerous teams that were in terrible shape when he got there.

Phil Jackson is an excellent coach, one of the greatest if not the greatest...There's nothing more to it. Look at the Lakers last year with Frank Hamblen as the head coach as opposed to this year with Phil...Red was making those comments because he's jealous that people look at Phil as the greatest coach and not him...It's pretty much bullshit, if you take into account the fact that the teams he's lead to domination weren't exactly dominating before he took over... :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »
And Kobe who gets his fair share off ticky tack calls in his favor every game. he's had Fish who would flop and get a call if u breathed on him. Shit, he even had the Mailman, who flopped all game even when a 5'10", 175 pound point guard ran into him.

OMG. Man, are you fuckin' nuts? Kobe gets pounded almost every single time he takes it in...Only about 25% of those poundings actually get called. Why do you think Kobe has a league leading 11 techs? And you obviously don't know shit about basketball if you don't know what gaining position for the charge is. Derek Fisher was an expert at this, getting positioned does not equal a flop. Now Manu Ginobli, that's a whole different story...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 10:23:26 AM »

. like i said, if the Lakers win the championship this year. then i was wrong. if not, then im right.

:sign_banhim:

I wouldn't go as far as banning, but yes, that WAS an extremely dumb comment. LOL. So Phil has to win a championship with every team he coaches to prove he's great? That would prove he was God, not great...I don't see where your logic comes in. If Jackson leads this team to the playoffs, he's obviously excelled from what we had last year...PeACe

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 02:45:44 PM »
CUBAN IS GOLDEN!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2006, 04:08:56 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Phil: Got lucky with his teams.. barely makes the playoffs with a team that doesn't involve the best SG or the best C ever and a great sidekick each

as for the Cuban quote. remember, Cuban is responding to Phil's accusations that the referees favor the Mavs when they go t Dallas cus theyre intimidated by Cuban. Because he has people review the tapes of the games and sends them into the league if there are mistakes. So Phil said that the Mavs have an unfair advantage. Cuban sayin he "owns Phil" is him saying that Phil thinks about him so much, that he must own him. Im not a big Cuban fan, but honestly i dont see anything wrong with him having ex-referees exam tapes of the games and send them to the league offices when there are big mistakes made. The only problem is that the other owners dont do the same. Ive always hated the idea that the refs are SO untouchable. They SHOULD be held more accountable when they fuck up.

Bottom line, the officiating last night in Dallas more than proved Phil Jackson's point...Mark Cuban simply got extra bitter about it.

i didnt watch the game, so i dunno about last nights game. but the thing im sayin is, if more owners or GM's or whatever stood up the officiating when its bad (as in, sending in official complaints and video tape to the league office), then no one would have any type of advantage (if Cuban really does have one). Also, the refs WOULD be ontop of their game a little more with the added pressure to perform. believe me man, im not defending Cuban. I dont hate the guy, but i dont like him either. he's kind of a fuckin wierdo to me anyways. i was just respondin to the dood who thought this was all Cuban goin after Phil...when really it was Phil complaining about Cuban.

Yea, complaints should be made and it should strengthen officiating, but it shouldn't give one owners team the advantage due to the fact that no one else but him complains. Reffing should be fair regardless, there's no excuse. Whether Jackson chooses to interrogate the refs or not should not have an affect on the fairness of the refs...

i agree. but that means (to me) that if its allowed to send complaints to the league office, other teams should do it as well.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2006, 04:12:49 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Like Red Aurbach is one to talk, he had Russel & Havlichek. The Celtics won with Russel as a player/coach.

ok..so according to your quote. Phil was reason the Bulls and Lakers 3peated? Not Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, Kobe? lol Phil has always been overrated to me. He's a good coach and all, but not nearly as good as his win percentage says. This year he FINALLY has a team that isnt expected to at least compete for a title. It isnt like he's Larry Brown who has gone to numerous teams that were in terrible shape when he got there.

Phil Jackson is an excellent coach, one of the greatest if not the greatest...There's nothing more to it. Look at the Lakers last year with Frank Hamblen as the head coach as opposed to this year with Phil...Red was making those comments because he's jealous that people look at Phil as the greatest coach and not him...It's pretty much bullshit, if you take into account the fact that the teams he's lead to domination weren't exactly dominating before he took over... :-\

so youd give him the nod over a coach like say Larry Brown, because of the championships? Even tho Brown has takin over teams like the Clips and the Knicks now. Teams that would be lucky to win 30 games, but need help rebuilding. I think u could put a lot of coaches in Phils situations, and theyd have the same amount of championships. This isnt just some shot at Phil, it goes back to what i said before. Players win championships, not coaches. In the NBA especially. Coaches are HUGE in college, highschool, etc. When they are stll at the stage of "teaching".

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2006, 04:17:07 PM »
And Kobe who gets his fair share off ticky tack calls in his favor every game. he's had Fish who would flop and get a call if u breathed on him. Shit, he even had the Mailman, who flopped all game even when a 5'10", 175 pound point guard ran into him.

OMG. Man, are you fuckin' nuts? Kobe gets pounded almost every single time he takes it in...Only about 25% of those poundings actually get called. Why do you think Kobe has a league leading 11 techs? And you obviously don't know shit about basketball if you don't know what gaining position for the charge is. Derek Fisher was an expert at this, getting positioned does not equal a flop. Now Manu Ginobli, that's a whole different story...PeACe

LOL ive watched so many games with Kobe man, especially this year. The man gets a TON of garbage calls that go his way. Its not only him, its most superstars. But he's no exception. U know how many fouls ive seen get called on a Kobe jump shot, where the replay even shows him not getting touched? (the probably dont show that angle on Fox lol). Its ridiculous. As for Derek, cmon man. Dont buy into the comments from Stu and company. They act as if Fish was a superstar lol. But its well known how big of a flopper he is. What did they call it? The "Fisher Flop"? Im not arguin whether Manu does it or not, he does. But he is also a very awkward player sometimes. Not really his fault, just how he is.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »

. like i said, if the Lakers win the championship this year. then i was wrong. if not, then im right.

I wouldn't go as far as banning, but yes, that WAS an extremely dumb comment. LOL. So Phil has to win a championship with every team he coaches to prove he's great? That would prove he was God, not great...I don't see where your logic comes in. If Jackson leads this team to the playoffs, he's obviously excelled from what we had last year...PeACe

u dont get it man. its not me whos treatin this guy like he's God. obviously we all know he isnt winning one this year. My point was just that without all that talent of having the greatest player ever, with Pippen. And having Shaq AND Kobe together, he wont win either. 7th in the west isnt that amazing man. especially when there are teams that have yet to really start playing their game. Houston will still make a run i believe, theyve had injuries all year and havent got in sync. Denver still hasnt played to their potential. In the end, the Lakers will be as high as i thought possible for them. A low seed in the playoffs that gets bounced out in the first round. Not an outstanding coaching job really.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2006, 04:21:55 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

so youd give him the nod over a coach like say Larry Brown, because of the championships? Even tho Brown has takin over teams like the Clips and the Knicks now. Teams that would be lucky to win 30 games, but need help rebuilding. I think u could put a lot of coaches in Phils situations, and theyd have the same amount of championships. This isnt just some shot at Phil, it goes back to what i said before. Players win championships, not coaches. In the NBA especially. Coaches are HUGE in college, highschool, etc. When they are stll at the stage of "teaching".

But look what Brown is doing with the Knicks...NOTHING. Of course I'd take a coach like Phil Jackson over Larry Brown ANY day. And I disagree with the fact that there are many coaches who woulda won the same amount of rings if placed in Phil's shoes...I think a coach has a lot to do with a teams success, the way the offense is ran, the way the players play defense, who takes who, who does what... the coaches dictate all that. You tend to make illogical statements regarding basketball...Coaches teach, true, but that's not even in their job description, some coaches just do that as a bonus. Coaches mean more than you think...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2006, 04:31:49 PM »

LOL ive watched so many games with Kobe man, especially this year. The man gets a TON of garbage calls that go his way. Its not only him, its most superstars. But he's no exception. U know how many fouls ive seen get called on a Kobe jump shot, where the replay even shows him not getting touched? (the probably dont show that angle on Fox lol). Its ridiculous. As for Derek, cmon man. Dont buy into the comments from Stu and company. They act as if Fish was a superstar lol. But its well known how big of a flopper he is. What did they call it? The "Fisher Flop"? Im not arguin whether Manu does it or not, he does. But he is also a very awkward player sometimes. Not really his fault, just how he is.

EVERY superstar gets garbage calls, but along with that, Kobe blatantly gets hated on by the refs. You mean to tell me that you haven't seen Kobe get pounded in the lane by 4 guys jumping into him with no call? Kobe is probably one of the worst officiated superstars ever...As for Fisher, once again, it's called getting in position. Fisher used to take some beatings to get those calls, he'd get ran over by big ass guys, it's a fundamental thing as well as a sacrafice. Cook is also a good example of a player who knows who to gain positioning...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »

u dont get it man. its not me whos treatin this guy like he's God. obviously we all know he isnt winning one this year. My point was just that without all that talent of having the greatest player ever, with Pippen. And having Shaq AND Kobe together, he wont win either. 7th in the west isnt that amazing man. especially when there are teams that have yet to really start playing their game. Houston will still make a run i believe, theyve had injuries all year and havent got in sync. Denver still hasnt played to their potential. In the end, the Lakers will be as high as i thought possible for them. A low seed in the playoffs that gets bounced out in the first round. Not an outstanding coaching job really.

We will see...As for now, it's all stipulation.

Sikotic™

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2006, 04:36:05 PM »
Fuckin old geezers OD'ed on the geritol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »

EVERY superstar gets garbage calls, but along with that, Kobe blatantly gets hated on by the refs. You mean to tell me that you haven't seen Kobe get pounded in the lane by 4 guys jumping into him with no call? Kobe is probably one of the worst officiated superstars ever...As for Fisher, once again, it's called getting in position. Fisher used to take some beatings to get those calls, he'd get ran over by big ass guys, it's a fundamental thing as well as a sacrafice. Cook is also a good example of a player who knows who to gain positioning...

lol u mean to tell me u havent seen kobe shoot a fadeaway three with no contact at all, only to fling his arms in the air and get a bogus call? Seen it a million times. He isnt hated on by the refs lol Thats fuckin retarded man. he gets as many bullshit calls as anyone ive seen in the league right now, easy. U just see Kobe bitch alot to the refs, and of course...u being u...believe Kobe till the end. Kobe just thinks he should get a call anytime he misses a shot. Youre killin me with this fisher thing man lol u act like he's WAY better then he is. He was a flopper...plain and simple.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2006, 12:08:58 AM »
Mavs >> Lakers

But look what Brown is doing with the Knicks...NOTHING. Of course I'd take a coach like Phil Jackson over Larry Brown ANY day. And I disagree with the fact that there are many coaches who woulda won the same amount of rings if placed in Phil's shoes...I think a coach has a lot to do with a teams success, the way the offense is ran, the way the players play defense, who takes who, who does what... the coaches dictate all that. You tend to make illogical statements regarding basketball...Coaches teach, true, but that's not even in their job description, some coaches just do that as a bonus. Coaches mean more than you think...PeACe

Yeah, Brown took over a terrible team. Worse then the Laker team Phil took over. That was my point tho. Brown doesnt have the win percentage of a Phil Jackson because he's taken over struggling franchises time and time again. If Brown (or a lot of other coaches) simply went to organizations with a great chance for success....theyd have some unbelievable win percentage. U honestly think if Larry Brown coaches the Bulls of the 90's with Jordan, they wouldnt have won as many rings? LOL yeah right. I can promise u, if Phil was never a Laker head coach...u guys would all be sayin the same thing about him that im saying. BUT, he coaches the Lakers, and was there when Shaq and Kobe were winning championships...so u guys adore him. If the Lakers make the playoffs this year...who gets the credit? Kobe...or Phil? Nobody out there is saying that Phil is doing some amazing job with the Lakers. Cept u guys of course

acbaylove

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2006, 09:00:30 AM »
The Lakers, in need of good news, got a small dose Friday. They learned a technical foul called against Devean George in the Lakers' 102-87 loss at Dallas on Tuesday night was rescinded by the NBA.

"It didn't give me great joy, but it's nice to know there was some justice paid out there," Coach Phil Jackson said at Laker practice. "The league reviewed it and made the correct call."

Besides the technical on George, Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum were called for flagrant fouls and Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom were also called for technicals in the Dallas game.

Afterward, Jackson called it "a really poorly refereed game."

He also said that, because Maverick owner Mark Cuban puts added pressure on the referees, "these guys are nervous Nellies."

Phil won. The NBA indirectly admitted it.
TeeRaySix9Teen & Mark Cuban = blablablabla
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:02:14 AM by Antonio »