Author Topic: will mike martz help the lions  (Read 159 times)

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG

BizzyR.I.P.

Re: will mike martz help the lions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »
If there's anyone who can make Joey Harrington and the trio of recievers they have better IT'S Martz. He made Warner into a 2 time league MVP and Superbowl MVP, And he made Bulger into a Pro Bowler. They guy's an offensive genius. He's better suited as an O. Coordinator because he doesn't have to worry about the defense and he can put all his effort on the offense.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:52:20 PM »
^^^ agreed a 100%
the dude is an offenisive genius and is a major upgrade for the lions.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:17:09 PM »
Martz's attention to detail on offense could really help this team. they have a TON of talent at wide receiver, i mean, a TON. But their QB play has been terrible. He might be able to come up with some good schemes to make Harrington actually look like a good QB. But then again...it might take more then Martz to make the Lions successful lol God maybe?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 01:18:07 PM »
The problem with mike martz is that he's an offensive coordinator, not a head coach. He can't take a medicore or decent team and make it great. His coaching style can actually hurt you. He concenrates so much on the offence that your defense and speical teams will most likely be fucked. Just look at what happened in St. Louis. The second Lovie Smith left they were shit. If he is one piece of the puzzle then he is definatly a guy that should be in there, but by the end of his career with the Rams he even abandoned his run game at times despite the fact he had such a excellent back (Fualk or Jackson or both!). I ain't to familir with the lions but I can see positive strides taken in there offence, but I can't see them going deep in the playoffs (NFC Finals) anytime soon unless he changes some of his philophies, or they get some extra talent/good coaches on defence.

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 02:45:18 PM »
we need to bring in. one of these guys.
billy volek
Matt schuab
phil rivers
shit.. id take randel el starting qb over shitty harrington, i think martz will be able to decide real quick if joey can do it or not. and if he cant martz will deep six his ass quickly. Maybe he can turn him into what he did with bulger who is a 6th rounder.. or warner. even there other back up jamie martin wasnt that bad.
whadayahtink?

rik

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »
Nothing short of a miracle can help the linos.