Author Topic: What computer program is best for making beats? Friuty Loops, Pro Tools?  (Read 832 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I'm talking about making beats without actually have instruments, just over a computer program.  What's the best.  Thanks for any information you can give me.  Peace.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ecrazy

Re: What computer program is best for making beats? Friuty Loops, Pro Tools?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:08:08 PM »
pro tools, man u cant really make beats with pro tools, U CAN, but it would take sooo much time and work, i would lose interest easily. Plus you would need to buy all the plug ins and it would run up to the hundereds even thousands if ur that dedicated. Pro Tools is more of a multitrack mastering software, Use Cool Edit, its almost identical, just less filters and no plug ins.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 11:10:36 PM »
pro tools, man u cant really make beats with pro tools, U CAN, but it would take sooo much time and work, i would lose interest easily. Plus you would need to buy all the plug ins and it would run up to the hundereds even thousands if ur that dedicated. Pro Tools is more of a multitrack mastering software, Use Cool Edit, its almost identical, just less filters and no plug ins.

Thanks for the info. 

So I won't need anything extra (plug-ins, extra programs, instruments, extra expenses) to work with Cool Edit?

And also, about how long does it take to become proficient at Cool Edit?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 11:31:35 PM »

Thanks for the info. 

So I won't need anything extra (plug-ins, extra programs, instruments, extra expenses) to work with Cool Edit?

no, there are sufficent filters that i dont think you would need more plug ins unless your going to be doing exessive mastering work, u can multi track pretty good with cool edit, works almost as great as pro tools IMO

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 11:37:30 PM »

Thanks for the info. 

no, there are sufficent filters that i dont think you would need more plug ins unless your going to be doing exessive mastering work, u can multi track pretty good with cool edit, works almost as great as pro tools IMO

I've had cool edit as long as I've had my computer and I barely know anything about how to use it. It's just so complex IMO and I've never had the time to learn it. (I'm still not sure exactly what it's full cababilities are. If I don't go anywhere for spring break hopefully I'll be able to learn that shit like a pro. Right now I'm just doing basic sound effects and shit. Yo E-Crazy can you tell me exactly what this program is capable of? Much love. (no homo)

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 11:56:30 PM »
i lose interest easily

trying to do shit on computers

ecrazy

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 12:34:11 AM »

Thanks for the info. 

I've had cool edit as long as I've had my computer and I barely know anything about how to use it. It's just so complex IMO and I've never had the time to learn it. (I'm still not sure exactly what it's full cababilities are. If I don't go anywhere for spring break hopefully I'll be able to learn that shit like a pro. Right now I'm just doing basic sound effects and shit. Yo E-Crazy can you tell me exactly what this program is capable of? Much love. (no homo)
which cool edit are you running? make sure its at least 2.0
when u press F12 it takes you to multi track mode, you can set up different tracks, rearrange em, line em up, and still cut and paste without pasting them into one document or file like in edit mode.
Effects i use the most:
Pitch Bender - you can speed up or slow down the pitch of any audio file, up a whole step or down a full step, great for making those quick kanye type samples
Any or all of the delay effects - add delay to vocal effects, drums, snares, etc. - mess around with each delay effect, they all have their different usage, find out which works best with what u want to do. U can use the preview button to listen so u dont have to save it ;)
Pan/Expand - Pan tracks or areas of tracks left to right or however u want it

um, yeah...thats all i can think of now, any questions i can answer to the best of my knowledge, just write em here i guess

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 12:52:59 AM »
I use Reason 3.0 and a program like Cool Edit Pro by Adobe... i cant remember what its called right now but its eaxct the same thing...

Just download Reason 3.0... unless you wanna spend much money  ;)

ecrazy

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 01:04:36 AM »
^^u usin reason with a controller?

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 02:53:00 AM »
^^u usin reason with a controller?

i dont think so... im just using it on my computer...

-Sarkastic-

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 09:21:26 AM »
I use Reason 3.0 and a program like Cool Edit Pro by Adobe... i cant remember what its called right now but its eaxct the same thing...

You mean Adobe Audition right?

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »

You mean Adobe Audition right?

yup thats it

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 01:44:46 PM »
how are u using reason without a keyboard or midi controller  ???

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »
e-crazy, ur beats any good

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 09:17:31 AM »
LOGIC PRO 7.0 or 7.1
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]