Author Topic: Cavaliers' Hughes could miss rest of the season  (Read 183 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cavaliers' Hughes could miss rest of the season
« on: February 14, 2006, 06:16:41 AM »
Cavaliers guard Larry Hughes could miss the rest of the regular season due to his second surgery on his right middle finger fracture scheduled for Tuesday in Baltimore by Dr. Thomas Graham.

Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry said last week the finger had not progressed as desired. Hughes has not played since Dec.31. His first surgery on Jan.6 was expected to sideline him for six-to-eight weeks. He was re-examined twice last week.

The Cavs are 11-11 without Hughes. He was signed as a free agent last summer.

Hughes, the team's second-leading scorer, was to miss six to eight weeks after having surgery Jan. 6. However, doctors concluded last week that the finger hadn't healed as quickly as the team had hoped and that his recovery was behind schedule.

Hughes, 27, averaged 16.2 points and 3.9 assists in 28 games for the Cavs before sitting out the Jan. 4 game against Milwaukee.

Cleveland started the season 18-10 with Hughes and are 11-11 in his absence.

The Cavaliers signed Hughes to a five-year, $60 million contract in the offseason.

Hughes has suffered a variety of injuries in his NBA career, including a broken right thumb and left wrist, a sprained right ankle and a strained right shoulder. Before he broke his finger, he had missed 97 games in the last five seasons and hasn't played a complete season since 1999-2000.

http://www.cleveland.com/sportsflash/cavs/index.ssf?/base/sports-19/113986135960260.xml&storylist=cavs

I swear LeBron has some messed up Karma. It's shame since he' such a nice lad.

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

$do11a biLL$

Re: Cavaliers' Hughes could miss rest of the season
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 09:48:02 AM »
there goes their playoff spot

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 11:03:34 AM »
Ahh damn...they might still survive to get to the playoffs, but that's where it'll stop.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 11:53:33 AM »
Ahh damn...they might still survive to get to the playoffs, but that's where it'll stop.

Might? I'm be smokin' some Canadian shit soon... 8)

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 01:19:46 PM »
they have lebron james.