Author Topic: MC Eiht Announces New Label Deal (Audio inside)  (Read 1033 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
MC Eiht Announces New Label Deal (Audio inside)
« on: February 17, 2006, 04:16:06 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com

As we previously reported, MC Eiht is slated to release his new solo album "Affiliated" this spring. Eiht has just signed a distribution deal for his record label, West Music, Inc. in a joint venture with Paid In Full/Koch.

Eiht, who also played the role of Ryder in the mega-hit video game, "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," says this record deal differs from his past independent signings. "The promotion will be better, the distribution is better," he confirms. "The label that I have the joint venture with this time is more professional than what was happening with my other independent projects. They don’t hesitate to get things done."

The album's first single will be the beautiful "Say Nothing/Comptons Back." produced by Raw Steel. In addition to the Compton rap legend, the song also features Comptons Most Wanted's Chill and Bam, along with King T, who rides shotgun. We exclusively premiered this song back in August, courtesy of King T, as it's also featured on King T's latest project "The Boss Up Mixtape".

The Dub-I.N.C.’s upcoming "Affiliated" title is a natural for Eiht, who explains, "I named it that because there are a lot of misconceptions in the street as far as West Coast music, namely, what we do as far as West Coast music, how we get down with it, and what we represent. A lot of my fans have been anticipating a new record from a true West Coast artist. I get a lot of emails asking me questions like, “When are you going to come back and spit the real, because there is all this fake-ism in the game out there right now." As Eiht points out, "You’ve got a lot of cats from everywhere out there, trying to do whatever, and a lot of it makes utterly no sense." Eiht remarks, “This album title lets people know I’m still affiliated with the streets, with the neighborhoods, and what people are going through out there on the streets; it’s not being about glamour and glitz."

Eiht contends, "As everyone has seen, I just have to remain true and humble, and after all that, things will fall into place." The upcoming album that has yet to be turned into the distributor, is already receiving a kilo of industry buzz, and is expected to become classic ghetto gold.

One of the most respected Hip Hop artists on the West Coast, Eiht articulates, "I am still making my music, just being affiliated with the streets. I’m still in Compton, representing truth."

If you missed our world premiere of the first single last year, here is the song again, "Say Nothing/Comptons Back".

MC Eiht - Say Nothing/Comptons Back Feat. CMW & King T

« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 04:18:53 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
Re: MC Eiht Announces New Label Deal (Audio inside)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 12:35:44 PM »

this record deal differs from his past independent signings. "The promotion will be better, the distribution is better," he confirms. "The label that I have the joint venture with this time is more professional than what was happening with my other independent projects. They don’t hesitate to get things done."

I kinda doubt that, but i hope its true! i think the most fans have gave up the hope of a big come back, but nobody will be happier than me if he supries us!
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »
LOL @ eiht smiling....he looks like busta rhymes....

Eihtball

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 04:14:53 PM »
Dude, he's aged a lot...I know he's 36 now, but damn, he looks REALLY fuckin old.

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 07:12:15 PM »
That's good for MC Eiht being on Koch should at least help him get some video play and his album will at least be in most major retail stores.

westside159

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 09:59:02 PM »
They still can't fucc with the Streiht up menace Eiht is doin it real big on the independent shit veterans day did real good , the pinoneers and the new brotha lych hung & Eiht the new season is beatin up the competion so i knwo this will be a big hit for Eiht and he never really left he has always dropped heat so stop sleepin on the real westcoast king WE COME STRAPPED 2006 STYLE BOY !!!!!!!! GEAH COMPTON 4 LIFE CUZZ

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:29:55 PM »
That's good for MC Eiht being on Koch should at least help him get some video play and his album will at least be in most major retail stores.
That's true, Koch does provide better promo then most indy labels. Even though he'll probably sell more, I don't know if he's going to be as successful as one might think.

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 10:53:38 AM »
as much as people hate on Koch, they are a good company for indipendant artsits.  Good too see eiht still makin moves.

westside159

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 12:52:45 AM »
All i got to say is Eiht is the underdog and nobody believe's that he will bring the west and los angeles back but watch the game unfold because Eiht is about to shock some people and shake up the industry man i know somebody thats real close to Eiht and he told me what Eiht was about to do and he let me hear some of his new shit and i had to say hell geah !!!!!!!!

westside159

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »
Dude, he's aged a lot...I know he's 36 now, but damn, he looks REALLY fuckin old.

NAH Eiht is about 33 or 34 !!!!!!!!

Eihtball

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 07:28:16 PM »

I've repeatedly read his year of birth was 1970, in January sometime.

And why did you bring up an old topic just to say that?

westside159

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 10:26:52 PM »
he was born in 1970 dumb nigga he was born in 1972 go look at his myspace !!!!!!!!!

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

I've repeatedly read his year of birth was 1970, in January sometime.

And why did you bring up an old topic just to say that?
Cause he's Eiht's #1 groupie.

Eihtball

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 07:52:18 AM »
he was born in 1970 dumb nigga he was born in 1972 go look at his myspace !!!!!!!!!

His Myspace says he's 32, so under that logic, you must be wrong, too.  Entertainers lie about their age all the time.  I remember hearing several times his DOB was 1970, and even that could be wrong (he's probably older, given how old he looks in those pics).

And who you callin a dumb nigga?  You're the one who insists WC was a gangbanger even tho he's said himself he wasn't.  That's pretty fucking dumb right there.

I'll say.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:56:35 AM by Eihtball »

westside159

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 11:43:02 PM »

His Myspace says he's 32, so under that logic, you must be wrong, too.  Entertainers lie about their age all the time.  I remember hearing several times his DOB was 1970, and even that could be wrong (he's probably older, given how old he looks in those pics).

And who you callin a dumb nigga?  You're the one who insists WC was a gangbanger even tho he's said himself he wasn't.  That's pretty fucking dumb right there.

I'll say.

Why do you keep saying shit thats not true and givng out false info Eiht is 32 yeaars old and that means he is younger then ice cube , snoop , dj quik , too short ,w.c , kam , and all of these old niggaz you keep naming off like there 20 something and there older then the nigga your calling out man just shut the fuck up lil guy because making no sense at all and your trying to justify your actions but its making you look real stupid !!!!!!!!!!