Author Topic: I wanna get these assholes. Who should I report them to?  (Read 478 times)

Sikotic™

I wanna get these assholes. Who should I report them to?
« on: February 18, 2006, 03:22:43 PM »
Okay, so I'm checking my e-mail for the first time in 2 months. I notice a message from paypal claiming my payment has been sent to some dude. I open it, it claims I paid nearly $400 for a watch. I didn't buy shit with PayPal in 2 years. So at first I click on the link where it claims that I can report this & receive a full refund. I start filling out all of my personal info (name, address, social, debit card number, etc.) until I notice some shady shit was goin on.

For one, it was not a secure webpage, but the page itself claimed to be secure. That right there told me it was fake. I checked my bank account and no $400 charge was processed. I look at the address of the site as well, but it wasn't PayPal. The site is http://email.ashinfo.com/src/.us/cmd-run=/login.htm. It's identical to PayPal though with the exception of the "Verisign secured" symbol on the bottom of the real Paypal page.

These son of a bitches almost had me, I just wanna know where and who I shouls report them to. I've never almost been hustled by someone over the net before so if anyone got suggestions lemme know.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

Re: I wanna get these assholes. Who should I report them to?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 03:27:07 PM »
Notify PayPal, they will have their lawyers on it in a hot minute, the police ain't gonna do shit.
PayPal will shut shit down, unless it's hosted in the Fiji Islands or some shit.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »
Notify PayPal, they will have their lawyers on it in a hot minute, the police ain't gonna do shit.
PayPal will shut shit down, unless it's hosted in the Fiji Islands or some shit.

Yup...

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:50:44 PM »
daaamn, good eye

yeah I've had my SSN used before, I despise these people

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 03:57:02 PM »
man thanx for postin this shit up i would of never known to check somethin like this i will know to double check shit now!

Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 04:04:03 PM »
If you logged in on that site they have your password already, so yeah, you might wanna change it ASAP

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 04:05:40 PM »
If you logged in on that site they have your password already, so yeah, you might wanna change it ASAP

One step ahead of ya. Another thing I noticed about that site is you can type in any username and password combo and it logs you in.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 04:06:05 PM »

I'll do that ASAP. Thanks Jome.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »
man thanx for postin this shit up i would of never known to check somethin like this i will know to double check shit now!
:sign_werd: That's crazy. I would of fell for that shit and not even noticed. Jome is right. Let the real paypal deal with these muthafuckas. I hope they get sued for every penny they got too.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 04:16:11 PM »
Can't believe you almost fell for a phish scam.  If your full name isn't in email it's not real.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »
I just contacted PayPal and I'm waiting for a response. I'll show y'all the email so nobody else falls victim to an attempted identity theft:

This is the email I got:

This is where the "report" link took me & you can see the fake URL:

This is where I almost signed my life away LOL:

This was the only difference I saw in the fake(left) and real(right) PayPal's other than the URL's:

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 04:30:32 PM »
Can't believe you almost fell for a phish scam.  If your full name isn't in email it's not real.

I didn't even notice that until now lol

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 05:15:32 PM »
if you need to log in into paypal, ALWAYS use https://www.paypal.com ... always type it in your browser...
links are the easiest way to get fooled.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 05:34:40 PM »
yea, ive heard warnings about this, its easy for me to call you an idiot, but im not sure wat i would have done if it happened to me (without knowing prior), it happened to my manager, and he just called paypal, and realized that it was a hoax so im on the watch now

J Bananas

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 05:58:35 PM »
fuck these niggaz up mayne