Author Topic: anyone here like Primus?  (Read 223 times)

$do11a biLL$

anyone here like Primus?
« on: February 19, 2006, 07:37:55 PM »
Im just getting into them. They did the theme song to South Park i guess and a friend of mine turned me on to a couple of their tracks and the guy is like the best bass player ive ever heard and their music definetly got some semi soul in it. I can't find any of their albums on line it sucks. I was just wondering if anyone else listened to them.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: anyone here like Primus?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 07:43:15 PM »
As you mentioned, he's a great bass player. I like them, not a big fan though.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 07:44:03 PM »
Primus is incredible.  You need to get Frizzle Fry - it's their debut from 1990.  Les Claypool is a god on the bass, and the band was a huge influence on many other bands that i really like.  I could name so many incredible songs, but you'd be justified to buy just about any of their albums.  Check out "Defy the Laws of Tradition".  Its the first track on Frizzle Fry.  Incredible.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 08:29:24 AM »

the only primus album i really liked was Sailing the seas of cheese..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing_The_Seas_Of_Cheese

mostly because a few tracks are featured in the classic skate vid Plan B - The Questionable video

what about Pennywise? ... that was also featured heavily in the same vid..

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »
haha all i know is their big brown beaver song.