Author Topic: iPod Video (60GB) Artwork Limit Issue - any ideas?  (Read 171 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
iPod Video (60GB) Artwork Limit Issue - any ideas?
« on: February 23, 2006, 05:00:15 AM »
have googled and come up blank as to solutions..heres the deal..maybe yall had the issue and fixed it

got my 60gb ipod, added 1000 songs and before dropping them into the ipod i added artwork to ALL songs, if its an album its got covers if its a single its got an artist or single cover pic...ok shows FINE in the ipod library on PC1 (my main PC)

added them to the ipod...and only half (if that) show with artwork...for example (mack 10s hustlas handbook has artwork...yet a warren g single doesnt...yet in library shows it with it....) i came to the conclusion that the artowrk must be limited...but how can i make it so it isnt?!

cause on PC2 (network with 300 gig of tunes) i have libraried 7000 songs with artwork but dont wanna add them if the artowrk file is gonna be limited and not add them....ya get me?!!

Help me dubcc faithful!! 200+ karma to the solution bringer and my headache reliever!!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

E. J. Rizo

Re: iPod Video (60GB) Artwork Limit Issue - any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 07:37:04 AM »
Help me dubcc faithful!! 200+ karma to the solution bringer and my headache reliever!!

LMAO that shit is halarious buy people out with karma!...lol sorry rud i would help you but i dont have a video ipod....i just have the old ones but they still work fine thats why i havent upgraded i did hook up my friends pod but everything seemed to work buy i got most of my album covers from amazon.com

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 07:52:01 AM »
peep this:

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=e94bb5afe003c3764ea74ed49c3a3459&threadid=124529&perpage=15&highlight=artwork%20limited&pagenumber=2

and this:

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=e94bb5afe003c3764ea74ed49c3a3459&threadid=66435

Might be some good info for you...

I always add artwork through Itunes and on an album by album basis and I've never really had a problem, but theres a bunch of discussion about it over at the sites I've posted.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 07:58:28 AM »
Props woodrow, i will read through these when i get in tonight!! :) hope they help!!

haha yea rizo, well imo, you do me a favour and you get karma, easiest thing for me to give out lol :)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 08:09:10 AM »
Rud,

Those iLounge forums should be helpful.

I have the 60GB iPod video but am not experiencing the problems you mention.  However, I did see it with an iPod photo, but it wasn't mine so I didn't bother with figuring out the problem.

Definitely post back if you figure out what the problem is... I've always wondered what that was about.

Peace  8)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 08:10:29 AM »
Rud,

I have the 60GB iPod video but am not experiencing the problems you mention.  However, I did see it with an iPod photo, but it wasn't mine so I didn't bother with figuring out the problem.

Definitely post back if you figure out what the problem is... I've always wondered what that was about.

Peace  8)

will do, how do you do your artowrk tho? i was using some i had on the pc the rest i was using google images and dragging them over no matter the size etc...but it does appear in library just not on the ipod for all tracks...

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 09:08:39 AM »
Rud,

Peace  8)

will do, how do you do your artowrk tho? i was using some i had on the pc the rest i was using google images and dragging them over no matter the size etc...but it does appear in library just not on the ipod for all tracks...
have you checked to see the file type??? maybe it doesnt like .gif or something or a certain type of jpeg?... could be but thats just me since you say you been google imaging it they are tons of different file types.... the ones i used to pull off of amazon.com worked really well and they are big enough for my itunes too so i can blow them up a bit without getting distorted atleast not too much so i would go as much as you can from there and then try another source.... there was a program on the mac that i used that tapped in to amazon.com according to the song i was playing so it would find the artwork from amazon.com based on the song you were playing and i would just grab it and drag it over onto the songs....

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 11:16:31 AM »
Rud,

Peace  8)

I know exactly what you are saying... I saw that happen with an iPod photo a while back.  The artwork would appear in iTunes but not on the iPod.

Most (if not all) of the artwork I have is from Amazon.com.  All of the images are .jpg.  However, I actually download a copy of the artwork to a folder on my harddrive and then copy it over to iTunes.  There might be an issue by simply dragging it from the web to iTunes (I don't see why though).

Good luck  8)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 11:42:27 AM »
Rud,

If you use Windows try using this...
http://www.yvg.com/itunesartimporter.shtml

Hopefully that helps.

Peace  8)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 11:47:09 AM »
Rud,

Another link that might solve your problem...

http://discussions.apple.com/search.jspa?objID=f808&search=Go&q=artwork+not+showing

Peace  8)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 12:17:44 AM »
your all legends...and cause you all tried to help me +100 props to the lot of you ;D

(not seen if its worked yet - will do over the weekend! thanks!

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 12:34:52 AM »
^ Dopeness  8)

+1 for you my friend  :D