Author Topic: The Bay's new exposure  (Read 633 times)

youngmessnucca

The Bay's new exposure
« on: March 05, 2006, 03:06:09 PM »
well for my 1,000 ( couldn't have done it at a better) post, I'd figure to get everyones thoughts on the exploding popularity of the Bay, where it's gonna be 5 years from now and how this is gonna affect hip-hop and pop culture in general? I think it is sooo much potential up there, moreso than any other region imo, and with E-40 having that machine backing him and My Block going to be repeted a few times this week, I hope and firmly believe that this will really take off!

PLANT

Re: The Bay's new exposure
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 03:07:21 PM »
ya its great to see the Bay getting some love and exposure now 8)

and props to you for the BIG 1000 :D!!!!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 03:07:50 PM »
this post, and posts like it = premature ejaculation..

u all acting like 40s never been on MTV in the last few years..

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 03:11:15 PM »

:P

well at least people are giving 40 and the Bay there props and showing theme love

If you like the Westcoast and all, you might aswell big them up and try to get people to recognize the movement as opposed to not making any threads or posts about the west, bay and 40 ect......

I think people are just excited about the movement on the westcoast right now.  And Its great to see the excitment back IMO
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 03:13:54 PM by PLANT »

youngmessnucca

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 08:35:28 PM »

that is true, but what videos of his have made an impact like this is what I'm trying to say. He used to have vids on Bet and I really can't think of when he has had a video in steady rotation on MTV. Not to mention the "Tell me When to Go" clip has a Bay related theme and people are really paying attention like never before. Shit they got the My Block and I dont expect Mess, Quinn, Yuk and even 40 to even go gold yet, but they will have a major increase in sales for real. It may just be well wishing, but I'm a firm believer itll happen

Fressh_Deini

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • G-Funk
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 06:27:50 AM »
I hope the Bay will blow up. Allthough I think their sound 10 years ago was better than the Hyphy movement, I still like it. But we will see what's going to happend. It will be difficult for the West to got heavily airplay and shit on the east.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 10:01:51 AM »
Get it str8 people this is not the WESTCOAST movement. This is a BAY AREA thing. It wasn't MY BLOCK the westcoast. IT was my block the BIGGITY BAY.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 10:37:41 AM »
Get it str8 people this is not the WESTCOAST movement. This is a BAY AREA thing. It wasn't MY BLOCK the westcoast. IT was my block the BIGGITY BAY.

why should the west prop the bay when ya'll act like this?

rik

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

Hell yeah man. LA got mad love for the bay or anybody else for that matter. And these cats acting like lil bitches.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 10:55:34 AM »
Overseer, what is your main beef with the Bay?, I agree newbies like Bay Area Jet( with his multi-million dollar enterprise lol ) are corny, but they don't rep the Bay population. If the Bay blows, the rest of the West comes with it. BAJ and the 'Seer need to just accept The Bay & LA as 1. It's the only way the coast will return to dominance, we need ALL the support. Bay cats need 2 buy LA stuff, you LA cats need to buy Bay shit simple as that. Division means something less, if we are divided that means less sales. Bay Area Jet, you continue to ruin every thread you post in, stop it now and post on the Siccness or something

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 11:05:36 AM »

Hell yeah man. LA got mad love for the bay or anybody else for that matter. And these cats acting like lil bitches.

The Bay got major love for LA too. This is just one dude on a message board, that dont rep the whole Bay.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 11:07:21 AM »

Because the bay was uplifiting them when they acted like the West Coast was only LA in the 90s. Now it's our turn, so ride or collide.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

youngmessnucca

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 12:37:09 PM »
Now it's our turn, so ride or collide.

thats just another threat , more division, youre misssing the entire point of my post Rod.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 01:15:52 PM »
It's evident that alot of LA cats are already trying to make it seem like this new bay area sound is not "West Coast" enough. If you go in the streets of LA and ask around, you'll see. But you're right, slowly it will catch on and everyone will start riding the bandwagon. But like I said, in the 90s, that G Funk sound was WEST COAST and we all agreed to it. But can we all agree that this Bay shit is THE sound? I think not. That's where the Ride or Collide comes in. Imagine if someone in the bay OPPOSED the G Funk sound in the 90s, wouldn't a collision occur?

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 01:27:02 PM »
Overseer, what is your main beef with the Bay?, I agree newbies like Bay Area Jet( with his multi-million dollar enterprise lol ) are corny, but they don't rep the Bay population. If the Bay blows, the rest of the West comes with it. BAJ and the 'Seer need to just accept The Bay & LA as 1. It's the only way the coast will return to dominance, we need ALL the support. Bay cats need 2 buy LA stuff, you LA cats need to buy Bay shit simple as that. Division means something less, if we are divided that means less sales. Bay Area Jet, you continue to ruin every thread you post in, stop it now and post on the Siccness or something
True Dat.