Author Topic: Tim Hortons "Roll Up the Rim to Win" dispute  (Read 133 times)

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Tim Hortons "Roll Up the Rim to Win" dispute
« on: March 11, 2006, 07:51:43 AM »
Winning Tim Hortons cup sparks bitter row
Last Updated Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:06:37 EST
CBC News

A dispute is brewing in Quebec over a sport utility vehicle after a winning "Roll Up the Rim" coffee cup was found in a garbage can.

It all started Tuesday in Montreal when a 10-year-old girl found a Tim Hortons cup in a trash bin, according to a report in the Montreal Gazette.

Remembering the coffee chain's promotional contest, she plucked it out of the garbage. The girl couldn't roll up the rim by herself, so she asked for help from a 12-year-old friend.

When the two girls discovered the cup was the winner of a $28,700 Toyota RAV4, they took it to a teacher at the school, who called the girls' parents.

The 10-year-old's father, who wasn't identified, arrived first and took the cup, saying he planned to sell the vehicle and would offer some of the money to the second child's family.

But when the 12-year-old's mother, Nathalie Prevost, showed up, she said her family deserved to take the prize.

Prevost then called a local radio station to ask for legal advice, propelling the story into the media spotlight, said the Gazette.

The father of the 10-year-old said Prevost's radio appeal went too far and that he has changed his mind about offering that family any money.

A spokesperson for Tim Hortons told the newspaper that whoever submits a winning tab to the company is considered the official prizewinner.

Under the contest rules, the girls can't claim the prize directly because they are minors.

------------

The second girls mother should get shot.  Selfish hoe.. the dad of the first kid was ready to share some of the prize but she got greedy.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tim Hortons "Roll Up the Rim to Win" dispute
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 08:48:12 AM »
LOL I heard about that story, crazy shit

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 09:38:09 AM »
my friend just won a new BBQ from thr roll up the rim contest!   1 of 10,000!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 12:27:13 PM »
ive won 2 donuts and 2 coffeess

i need dat ride mayne
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 12:40:39 PM »
Holy shit they still do that roll up the rim to win! I remember that when I was a kid. I miss Tim Hortons. :( Luckly I'll probably go back to Canada for summer.

Fuck the 2nd girl. She didn't find it, and the first girls father took it. It's righfully his.

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 07:11:33 PM »
I hate Tim Hortons  :P

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 07:16:32 PM »
my parents just won a thousand bucks on a scratch off

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 07:17:10 PM »
I hate Tim Hortons  :P

Agreed, shittiest coffee. It's because they have highly addictive contents in it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 11:59:53 AM »
LOL I heard about that story, crazy shit

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 06:00:32 AM »
Do they got Timmy Hos in the US?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 07:20:42 AM »
Do they got Timmy Hos in the US?

A few, I think there's a couple in Ohio maybe. When I worked at a TH some people told me about it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris