Author Topic: a history of violence  (Read 131 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
a history of violence
« on: March 14, 2006, 12:55:13 PM »
good movie, i just checked it, but, it wasnt thaaat good, like i was expecting like a top 10 of 05 movie, and i wont lie, i dont think it was that good... maybe i missed something, but... and the 2 sex scenes, my penis liked em, but i thought they were totaly unapropriet.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: a history of violence
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 01:10:10 PM »
This is what I wrote back when it came out on October...I might have over-analyzed it, but I think there is still some valid points it it  :P

Great movie.  The director made his point and ended it.  The forced sex scene was necessary though, she was turned on by the violent guy not Tom.  After reading the posts, some of you guys liked the violence some wanted more, that kind of what I thought was his point in the movie.  That we have adapted to seeing violence that its not really shocking anymore to the point where we jsut want more and welcome it like the way the family did to Tom or how the wife wanted to fuck the violent guy

Sikotic™

Re: a history of violence
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »
good movie, i just checked it, but, it wasnt thaaat good, like i was expecting like a top 10 of 05 movie, and i wont lie, i dont think it was that good... maybe i missed something, but... and the 2 sex scenes, my penis liked em, but i thought they were totaly unapropriet.

Man, that's exactly how I felt. Most overrated movie that came out. I really enjoyed it too, but I don't get where all this acclaim came from. It was like a Steven Seagal movie with good screenwriting. I can see why William Hurt was nominated though. He was great in the movie.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE