Poll

Which series did you enjoy most out of these horror franchises...

A Nightmare On Elm Street (Freddy Krueger)
4 (33.3%)
Friday The 13th (Jason Voorhees)
3 (25%)
Halloween (Michael Myers)
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: The Big 3: Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger...Which is your series?  (Read 384 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

We all know about the 3 biggest horror icons/slashers in the horror industry (The Big 3)...They've made a huge mark in horror and have even become a part of our culture over the years...Back in the days, almost everyone had a favorite horror icon and franchise...Mine has always been "A Nightmare On Elm Street" where, as many of you know, Freddy Krueger would kill his victims in their dreams...I also enjoyed both of the other series', but for me, it's always been Freddy at number 1...So which killer is yours? Which franchise did you grow up on or enjoyed the most?...I would add more (Pinhead, Chucky, Ghostface etc.) but I narrowed it down to the Big 3...Choose yours...

:firedevil:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:02:37 AM by Now_Im_Blowed »

PLANT

I used to have mad nightmares about Jason so I went with Firday the 13th.  I was never really scared of Freddy's old, weak ass shit.  Fuck Freddy. his movies suck......Rather watch FT 13th or Halloween anyday.  Mike Myers is a bad mutherfucker too.

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I voted Jason too.. but to be honest I always found the Chucky movies the scariest.  Dolls are mad scary...

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street in 2nd, and the F13 series just completely sucks.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I used to have mad nightmares about Jason so I went with Firday the 13th.  I was never really scared of Freddy's old, weak ass shit.  Fuck Freddy. his movies suck......Rather watch FT 13th or Halloween anyday.  Mike Myers is a bad mutherfucker too.

Freddy sucks? How many "Nightmare On Elm Street" movies have you seen? I know Freddy got kind of played out around the 4th and 5th sequel, but the original one is actually a really scary movie. Just the concept of it, and the fact that Freddy isn't this big exploited boogeyman icon and a lot more mysterious in this film is great...All 3 of these icons became washed up at some point, but it does not take away from their greatness as characters in the horror industry. Wes Craven got the inspiration for "Nightmare On Elm Street" after reading an article about a few people who died while having a nightmare/dream...Of course, by the time you saw the movie Freddy had already been portrayed to the public as this wise-cracking stand-up comedian/killer, and that really takes away from the greatness of the first movie in the series...I'd also recommend "A Nightmare On Elm Street 3" and "New Nightmare", the other two movies in the franchise with Wes Craven's involvement...The series as a whole definitely does NOT suck...PeACe

PLANT

Freddy sucks? How many "Nightmare On Elm Street" movies have you seen? I know Freddy got kind of played out around the 4th and 5th sequel, but the original one is actually a really scary movie. Just the concept of it, and the fact that Freddy isn't this big exploited boogeyman icon and a lot more mysterious in this film is great...All 3 of these icons became washed up at some point, but it does not take away from their greatness as characters in the horror industry. Wes Craven got the inspiration for "Nightmare On Elm Street" after reading an article about a few people who died while having a nightmare/dream...Of course, by the time you saw the movie Freddy had already been portrayed to the public as this wise-cracking stand-up comedian/killer, and that really takes away from the greatness of the first movie in the series...I'd also recommend "A Nightmare On Elm Street 3" and "New Nightmare", the other two movies in the franchise with Wes Craven's involvement...The series as a whole definitely does NOT suck...PeACe
Ive seen them all man, just never been a fan.  They didnt scare me the same way the other 2 did as a child anyways....

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I think I was always most scared watching Friday the 13th series.. Halloween was up there too though

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Halloween is my personal favorite, but Nightmare on Elm Street got the best concept of its time. The shit with the harmful dreams is mad nuts, because you can actually dream about it and be scared AS FUCK.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

The Watcher

i guess i liked the freddy series the best, none of them gave me nightmares or whatever though, when i was about 6 or 7 i went through a stage where i thought freddy was waiting under my bed, so i would jump onto my bed from a distance so my feet didnt get near the bed.. not realising if he really was under there, his knifes would just come up throught he bed, heh
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Whos Ghostface?

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
ghostface is probly the guy from Scream

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^^Yup...Ghostface is the killer from "Scream"...LOL@The Watchers story...I never really got scared either, but Freddy was always the most frightening to me as a child...PeACe

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
i'll say Freddy Krueger because after watching that i would be afraid to go to bed haha.  Michael Myers would be my 2nd choice, those movies were pretty dope too, i never liked watching Jason for some reason.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^^Why do you reply without voting?

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
people actually vote for this sort of thing?