Author Topic: DJ Kay Slay, Busta's Flipmode Ink Joint Venture Deal To Push Papoose  (Read 213 times)

Mr. Humonculous

DJ Kay Slay, Busta's Flipmode Ink Joint Venture Deal To Push Papoose
By Nolan Strong and Roman Wolfe

DJ Kay Slay's Street Sweepers Entertainment has inked a deal joint venture deal with Busta Rhyme's Flip Mode Squad and the two entities will combine resources to push the career of Brooklyn, New York rapper Papoose.

The union has produced the upcoming Swizz Beatz produced single "Get Right" featuring Busta Rhymes.

"Busta Rhymes had been watching what I was doing with Papoose in terms of getting him to the level I have taken him to," Kay Slay told AllHipHop.com. "We already had situations on the table, but we knew if we formed some kind of alliance, we could help get Papoose into a bigger deal and we are talking seven-figure ones."

While Papoose remains an artist signed to Streetsweepers Entertainment, Kay Slay said the new joint venture would help elevate Papoose's career because of Busta Rhymes' pop appeal.

Papoose recently completed several high profile collaborations with the likes of Busta Rhymes and Nas, several performances like Hot 97's Full Frontal fashion show, Power 105.1's "Birthday Bash" at the Nassau Coliseum in New York and a well-received performance during BET's recent Spring Bling party in Miami Beach,Florida.

"When the world sees the response that he [Papoose] got when he came out with Busta on Spring break on BET, there's probably going to be alot of A&R's that lose their jobs," Kay Slay joked.

According to Kay Slay, Papoose has deliberately avoided signing a deal, despite releasing numerous mixtapes and enjoying steady airplay on New York radio.

"We need priority status, because the kid is the future of Hip-Hop. And that's not coming from me, I heard it from come from a lot of people," Kay Slay continued. "He kills the block every now and then. He is only talking about what he sees in his ventures through life. He talks about the knowledge, wisdom and understanding, I mean dude spits lyrics that I would be actually let my own daughter listening to on some occasions. And its certain records coming from him that they are gonna love."

"Get Right" featuring Busta Rhymes is slated to hit radio airwaves next week.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5496

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: DJ Kay Slay, Busta's Flipmode Ink Joint Venture Deal To Push Papoose
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 12:29:45 PM »
Can't wait to hear it...

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 12:54:43 PM »
papoose is nice on the mic ,good to see this deal  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:57:29 PM »
papoose is nice on the mic ,good to see this deal 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »
Good news, Busta and Papoose make a nice combo(no homo).

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 04:45:19 PM »
Papoose = Crack
Nice to see him get a deal. Can't wait for his album

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 09:10:23 PM »
Papoose is the chosen 1. he's gonna take NYC back to the top.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8