Author Topic: NFL=no fun league  (Read 378 times)

youngmessnucca

NFL=no fun league
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:30:48 PM »
what is everyones thoughts on the NFL cracking down on End-Zone celebrations?

BizzyR.I.P.

Re: NFL=no fun league
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 10:52:32 PM »
It's pretty stupid, but at least I won't have to watch Chad Johnson try a new end zone celbration every time he scores a TD, with only 1 that was actually good. 

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:14:29 PM »
i think it's bullshit. the TD celebration is funny (wen it's good) but for the most part it's harmless.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:26:01 AM »
the TD celebration is funny (wen it's good)

so 1 out of every 10..

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 12:38:25 AM »
It's fucking Bullshit. nuff said.

K A I N

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 05:40:54 AM »
- Forbidding players from demonstrating on the ground -- i.e., the Owens' sit-up celebration last season. Players also will be penalized for using props in their grandstanding, but will be allowed to dunk, spike or spin the ball as long as the celebrants are upright and remain in the end zone.

I don't like the upright part...other then that it's all good.

If the committee's recommendation is approved, the offending player's team will be penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct, imposed on the ensuing kickoff. Fines also are a possibility.

Steve Smith  :'(

« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 05:44:11 AM by KAIN is in the Outer Limits please standby... »

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 01:05:25 PM »
lol i liked steve smith's end zone celebration wen he took the football and dialed it like a fone and was like "YO U JUS SEE THAT?!"

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 01:46:33 PM »
Yeah the NFL always focuses on stupid shit that they can control. The only touchdown celebrations that are a problem are when they show up the opponent. Spiking the ball in there face or somethin like that. Or if the player does somethin thats obscene or some shit. But other then that, who cares. Last year the fans loved Chad Johnsons celebrations. Mostly cus it gave them something more to talk about it, and anticipate. If the fans like it, and it doesnt hurt anybody....why fuck with it.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 04:03:05 PM »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

T-Dub

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 04:23:39 PM »
The celebrations give the league more personality and shows a little creativity. As long as it's not derogatory or obscene like TeeRaySix9Teen said, it shouldn't be much of a problem.  What TO did on the Dallas Star was crossing the line but stuff that Steve Smith did it was cool.  I mean the Packers had the Lambeau Leap and that's just something that gets the crowd riled up.  The Falcons had the Dirty Bird. The fans enjoy it and that's what the league should be thankful for.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »
It's fucking Bullshit. nuff said.

will miss the end zone dances but im sure chad will still do some until the team tells him enough as hes costing them wit the penalties. im kinda old school so i also like the way barry sanders celebrated his td's. he would just hand the ball to the ref like it was no big deal to him cuz he knew he was visitng pay dirt most likely the next time round.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 12:13:33 AM »
i think it's bullshit. the TD celebration is funny (wen it's good) but for the most part it's harmless.

BULLSHIT

shit is entertaining, and entertainment is what PRO SPORTS are about

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 08:38:05 AM »
i think next year, the players should all make a commitment to just handing the ball to the ref after a touchdown, and slowly walking to the sideline with their head down, and no smile. That way the commisioner can see just how much the celebrations are "hurting the game". Fans want to see the players actually having fun with the game they play.