Author Topic: Three 6 Mafia Gets Key to the City in Memphis  (Read 274 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Three 6 Mafia Gets Key to the City in Memphis
« on: April 04, 2006, 12:03:24 PM »
All that glitters is not gold -- some of it is brass. Members of Three 6 Mafia and Frayser Boy already own gold Oscars; they added a brass music note, a metal key to the city and a gold (painted) record Saturday afternoon at Memphis Rock 'N' Soul Museum.

"Look at all these nice gifts we got," said Juicy "J" (Jordan Houston), as he stood on stage with fellow Three 6 Mafia members DJ Paul (Paul Beauregard) and Crunchy Black (Darnell Carlton) and rapper Frayser Boy (Cedric Coleman). Juicy "J," DJ Paul and Frayser Boy received Oscars in the Best Original Song category at the recent Academy Awards ceremony for their song "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," from Craig Brewer's "Hustle & Flow," a movie written, developed and produced in Memphis.

The VIP reception was held in conjunction with the Memphis Rock 'N' Soul Museum board of directors and the Memphis Music Foundation. John Doyle, the museum's executive director, and Gale Jones Carson, the museum's chairman of the board, gave a Memphis Music Salute gold record to the rappers, and Rickey Peete, executive director of the Beale Street Merchants Association, and Toni Holman-Turner from the Beale Street Brass Note committee gave them the music note, which will be placed on Beale Street.

The rappers presented Mayor Willie Herenton with an official Oscar cap. He, in turn, presented them with the key to the city, saying. "I'm proud of these young men."

DJ Paul and Frayser Boy brought their Oscars (which are heavy, by the way) with them.

Asked where they're going to keep them, DJ Paul said his is "in a secret place." Juicy "J" said his Academy Award is in a safe, and Frayser Boy said, "It sleeps with me from time to time."

Congrats to them...

Source and Rest of Story:http://p076.ezboard.com/fpoliticalpalacefrm69.showMessage?topicID=411.topic

WestCoasta

Re: Three 6 Mafia Gets Key to the City in Memphis
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 12:40:50 PM »
The rappers presented Mayor Willie Herenton with an official Oscar cap. He, in turn, presented them with the key to the city, saying. "I'm proud of these young men."

:laugh:  you know that guy probably hates black people... imagine if he listened to their music

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 12:49:45 PM »

:laugh:  you know that guy probably hates black people... imagine if he listened to their music
The Mayor of Mephis IS black.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 01:19:19 PM »

The Mayor of Mephis IS black.

he's just one of those self-hatin niggas

good for 3/6 tho, thats an honor
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 01:25:40 PM »
dope,Three 6 mafia is tha shit  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24