Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274661 times)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #2910 on: August 14, 2007, 08:06:34 AM »
R.I.P. Crush...damn...all these wrestlers who i used to watch in my time are dying!...this just aint right...

more info on Crush (RIP)

-----

Today former wrestling superstar Brian Adams aka Crush was found dead....

The Web site WWE.com announced Monday that wrestler Brian Adams — known as "Crush" — was found dead, less than two months after the murder-suicide of professional wrestler Chris Benoit and his family.

Tampa police told FOX News that Adams' wife found him unconscious in bed and called 911. He was pronounced dead in the home when medics could not revive him.

The death of former wrestling star Crush has officially been declared an "unexplained incident."

In the incident report filed by the Tampa Police Dept. and obtained by TMZ, former wrestling superstar Brian Adams aka Crush "was found by his wife unconscious in bed not breathing."
According to biographical listings at Wikipedia.org and IMDB.com, along with wrestlers "Ax" and "Smash," Adams was part of the face-painting, leather strap-wearing tag-team known as "Demolition."

Adams was arrested in 1994 on steroid possession and gun charges. He was later acquitted of the drug charges, the sites reported.

Adams was forced to retire from wrestling in 2003 after he injured his spine in a match.

An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293152,00.html

-----

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2911 on: August 14, 2007, 10:31:47 AM »
I attended last night's show in the Garden. The atmosphere was crazy and the event itself was great. A few notes:

They taped Raw from 7 pm to 9, meaning it wasn't shown live on TV.

D'Lo Brown had a tryout match before the shows got started. He was awesome, hopefully they'll sign him.

The crowd was split 50\50 for Cena most of the time. Orton got cheered HUGE by the non Cena fans.

No Triple H appearance, which was a major disappointment since everyone expected him to return. Instead, we got surprise appearances by Mick Foley on Raw and Stone Cold for the SNME show.

Evander Holyfield had a boxing match with Matt Hardy...Michael Buffer was there as well.

The pyro was insane, especially Batista's. The arena filled with so much smoke at one point, it was hard to see the ring.

- Overall it was a tight show, I picked up tickets about 2 hours before the start of it. Arena wasn't full.

RIP Crush

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2912 on: August 14, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »
Steroids are insane...

Paul

« Reply #2913 on: August 14, 2007, 01:22:57 PM »
I attended last night's show in the Garden. The atmosphere was crazy and the event itself was great. A few notes:

They taped Raw from 7 pm to 9, meaning it wasn't shown live on TV.

D'Lo Brown had a tryout match before the shows got started. He was awesome, hopefully they'll sign him.

The crowd was split 50\50 for Cena most of the time. Orton got cheered HUGE by the non Cena fans.

No Triple H appearance, which was a major disappointment since everyone expected him to return. Instead, we got surprise appearances by Mick Foley on Raw and Stone Cold for the SNME show.

Evander Holyfield had a boxing match with Matt Hardy...Michael Buffer was there as well.

The pyro was insane, especially Batista's. The arena filled with so much smoke at one point, it was hard to see the ring.

- Overall it was a tight show, I picked up tickets about 2 hours before the start of it. Arena wasn't full.

RIP Crush

nice, read about DLO coming back, hope it happens

Steroids are insane...

im sure Crush was a user of steroids at 1 point in his carrer but its not all the time the reason of death is because of them, remember these guys batter their bodies every day for sometimes 30+ years, it takes its tole on bodies and sometimes they give up

but at 43 years old i have to suspect some sort of drug abuse
funkyfreshintheflesh

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2914 on: August 14, 2007, 01:36:55 PM »
It´s the drug cocktails that are to blame. At one point they might take steroids, then they get injured and take pain killers, then I imagine they take sleeping pills at one point just to get to sleep and then they take cocaine. Over the years that can´t be good.

RIP Brian Adams

You know what´s actually so "funny" to see when it comes to ex WWF/E wrestlers, the favorites get their RAW is XXX shows but the lesser knowns like Crush just get two lines on the WWE homepage. "We are sorry to hear that blablabla..."  Pretty pathetic. They get treated like circus animals.

Paul

« Reply #2915 on: August 14, 2007, 01:49:29 PM »

You know what´s actually so "funny" to see when it comes to ex WWF/E wrestlers, the favorites get their RAW is XXX shows but the lesser knowns like Crush just get two lines on the WWE homepage. "We are sorry to hear that blablabla..."  Pretty pathetic. They get treated like circus animals.

yeah if your not popular with the fans you are not as important

sad but true
funkyfreshintheflesh

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #2916 on: August 14, 2007, 01:50:54 PM »
i don't really remember any ex-stars getting the shows.
the only ones i remember were for Owen, Eddie and Chris.

i do remember some of the better known talents getting a moment for them on the show, which they should've done for Crush.

they also posted some photos, videos and a career outline of Crush; here's the link:
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/brianadamspasses1

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Paul

« Reply #2917 on: August 14, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »

exactly the popular wrestlers, in recent years thats it

they werent gonna do a show for earthquake or sensational sherri
funkyfreshintheflesh

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2918 on: August 14, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »

those guys were employed at the time though by the WWE.
i think that's the only reason they made the tribute shows.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Paul

« Reply #2919 on: August 14, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »

those guys were employed at the time though by the WWE.
i think that's the only reason they made the tribute shows.

to be honest i never thought of that, probably the case
funkyfreshintheflesh

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2920 on: August 14, 2007, 02:25:15 PM »
Yeah, I don´t expect a RAW is Crush show but they could do a small video of his career like they did for Curt Hennig for example.

edit: Hennig last wrestled for TNA before he died and they gave him that video, which was cool as fuck, I sometimes still watch it. They should do that for all wrestlers but I think the reason they don´t do it is that they would lose A LOT of fans if they saw a tribute video every other show. It just doesn´t portray the business in a good way, still a shame.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:31:26 PM by daWappla »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2921 on: August 14, 2007, 02:33:25 PM »

woah, earthquake is dead?? what about typhoon?? and sherri? shit i havent checked out wwf in a long time...

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2922 on: August 14, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »
i think they should've atleast had one of those mentions of Crush's passing like they do with other wrestlers. the only reason they might've not done it for Crush is because of the whole Benoit thing (i.e. another wrestler is dead would be more negative publicity for them).

as for Typhoon, he's still alive. the WE has a "Where are they now" section where they interview some past stars. here is the link:
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wherearetheynow/

and Typhoon specifically: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wherearetheynow/tugboat

they also have Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart", Paul Bearer, Honky Tonk Man, and Smash from Demolition to name some.

and Sherri i think possibly died because of some drug/medication for heart from what i've read; i don't think the actual cause of death has come out yet.

Paul

« Reply #2923 on: August 14, 2007, 02:58:40 PM »
ther is some good news coming out

aparantly the hart foundation will be returning

After a two week stint with Ohio Valley Wrestling, The 2nd Generation Hart Foundation (Teddy Hart, Harry Smith, TJ Wilson and Nattie Neidhart) returned to Tampa’s Florida Championship Wrestling. However, the word is that the 2nd generation Hart Foundation is being transferred to Louisville, due to the fact that OVW runs more house shows. The new Hart Foundation debuted the traditional Hart Foundation colors, and is using Bret Hart’s theme song.

The current plan is to call up the new Hart Foundation to Smackdown in two or three months. However, as previously reported, Teddy Hart has tremendous heat on him. Hart continues to show up late to practice and sneaks away to talk on his cell phone. Apparently Vince McMahon wants the new Hart Foundation to be called up, but only if Teddy is apart of the group.

good news imo, brett hart's theme tune 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2924 on: August 14, 2007, 03:04:32 PM »
i think they should've atleast had one of those mentions of Crush's passing like they do with other wrestlers. the only reason they might've not done it for Crush is because of the whole Benoit thing (i.e. another wrestler is dead would be more negative publicity for them).

as for Typhoon, he's still alive. the WE has a "Where are they now" section where they interview some past stars. here is the link:
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wherearetheynow/

and Typhoon specifically: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wherearetheynow/tugboat

they also have Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart", Paul Bearer, Honky Tonk Man, and Smash from Demolition to name some.

and Sherri i think possibly died because of some drug/medication for heart from what i've read; i don't think the actual cause of death has come out yet.

props Mo-Z, sucks about Sherri

do you know of anywhere i can watch old pay-per-views?? i mean old though, early 90s era?