Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274815 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #2970 on: August 27, 2007, 05:49:21 PM »
Illegal satelite in Canada  :D

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2971 on: August 27, 2007, 08:47:28 PM »
yo can someone hook up RAW 2nite? i'ma miss it :'(

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2972 on: August 27, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »
I've downloaded it from here.
http://www.dvd4arab.com/showthread.php?p=1044048961

To tell you the truth it took me 2-3 hours, and it ain't worth it. I mean no surprises, no great matches, nothing worth it.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2973 on: August 28, 2007, 01:03:15 PM »

To tell you the truth it took me 2-3 hours, and it ain't worth it. I mean no surprises, no great matches, nothing worth it.

The triple h/vince/carlito segment was jokes though 8)

chill

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2974 on: August 28, 2007, 01:38:22 PM »

The triple h/vince/carlito segment was jokes though 8)

chill

when on a little too long imo.

I like HHH but HHH was much better when he was surrounded by strong character like AUstin, ROck, Undersaker, Mick foley and Kane ( when you would believe he could win ).

NOw HHH all he has is Cena and ow BOoker t. Orton to me is not a main eventer but instead has been pushed down are thoats since day one. Maybe thats why i resent him. WWE has the most talent then thye ever had in both the rock n wrestling era, the new generation era, attitude and now post attitude era waetver that is but somehow they cant put togther too much inetrestng characters.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2975 on: August 28, 2007, 04:48:12 PM »
I stopped watching wrestling on a regular basis years ago (simply because they donīt show it here and I canīt be bothered to download every show) but I still read all the results etc... So, while I donīt know too much about the performance of younger guys  I donīt have the feeling that Iīm missing out on something. I mean, wrestling/sports entertainment is basically dead since WCW went out of business. Without any competition itīs just boring.

I was a WWF mark to the fullest back around 89 to 94 and although a friend of mine was heavily into wrestling in general (WCW, Japan, taping trades and what not) I never got into WCW. It was just 2nd class to me. Then when the NWO started you know that it was the hottest thing going and I was watching Nitro every week. It was a mix of bringing in older WWF guys and the element of surprise. Every week there happened something. You couldnīt afford to miss one single Nitro , I was hooked. That also made WWF work their asses off and, of course, in the long run they won.

Nowadays itīs just shit. I donīt even bother downloading Summerslam now. Think about it, someone said that itīs disappointing that SS was so weak because itīs one of the original 4 PPVīs. Itīs not only one of the original four, it used to be the second highest WWF ppv ever and people knew it by the caliber of matches. Rumble and Survior Series were "just" gimmick ppvīs. Now you guys say that this years Summerslam was disappointing and when I look at the results and the reviews it doesnīt make me go look for a download link like it should.

Even though they might be very critical about their product in Stamford, without some major competition it will be very hard to pull themselves out of this mediocracy.

(I guess though, just to really have an opinion, I go and look for a download link :D )

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #2976 on: August 28, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »
i dunno what's going on with the creative team.

before, the tag divisions, CW division and women's division were crappy; but the main eventers were pretty good.
now even that's starting to become shit.

they should end the roster split already; the main reason that was created was to give lower-tiered wrestlers a push but they haven't done that. so comebine everything and just create good main events.

btw, Daivari needs some sorta push; he's hilarious IMO, esepcially last week when he was hugging Vince and calling him Baba (means father)

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #2977 on: August 28, 2007, 11:21:45 PM »
Daivari is very underrated. He can do it all in the ring, but they never utilize him unless it's as a joke. I'm surprised he hasn't been released yet by the way they throw him around from brand to brand. I think he's been to Raw and Smackdown twice already, and also ECW.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2978 on: August 28, 2007, 11:30:41 PM »
who remembers christian cage's theme in wwe b4 leaving to tna? that was the shit!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4w-zz6YqttE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2979 on: August 29, 2007, 10:29:53 AM »
I stopped watching wrestling on a regular basis years ago (simply because they donīt show it here and I canīt be bothered to download every show) but I still read all the results etc... So, while I donīt know too much about the performance of younger guys  I donīt have the feeling that Iīm missing out on something. I mean, wrestling/sports entertainment is basically dead since WCW went out of business. Without any competition itīs just boring.

I was a WWF mark to the fullest back around 89 to 94 and although a friend of mine was heavily into wrestling in general (WCW, Japan, taping trades and what not) I never got into WCW. It was just 2nd class to me. Then when the NWO started you know that it was the hottest thing going and I was watching Nitro every week. It was a mix of bringing in older WWF guys and the element of surprise. Every week there happened something. You couldnīt afford to miss one single Nitro , I was hooked. That also made WWF work their asses off and, of course, in the long run they won.

Nowadays itīs just shit. I donīt even bother downloading Summerslam now. Think about it, someone said that itīs disappointing that SS was so weak because itīs one of the original 4 PPVīs. Itīs not only one of the original four, it used to be the second highest WWF ppv ever and people knew it by the caliber of matches. Rumble and Survior Series were "just" gimmick ppvīs. Now you guys say that this years Summerslam was disappointing and when I look at the results and the reviews it doesnīt make me go look for a download link like it should.

Even though they might be very critical about their product in Stamford, without some major competition it will be very hard to pull themselves out of this mediocracy.

(I guess though, just to really have an opinion, I go and look for a download link :D )

I agree with most of that.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2980 on: August 29, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
Finally watched Summerslam & I'm pretty dissapointed with some of the matches. Like the one with Rey Mysterio, I was expecting something way better than that (afterall, this was Mysterio's comeback). Booker T lost in a terrible way, it was like he was "just another" wrestler with no history behind him. Getting disqualified by using a chair at a PPV is just plain miserable & that's what Khali did. As for Cena beating Orton, I don't know, I'm just sick & tired of seeing Cena win every title match he gets. They put the belt on the wrong guy, clearly no one likes him so what's the fucking point at him still being the champion???

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2981 on: August 29, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »

What do you not agree with?

Finally watched Summerslam & I'm pretty dissapointed with some of the matches. Like the one with Rey Mysterio, I was expecting something way better than that (afterall, this was Mysterio's comeback). Booker T lost in a terrible way, it was like he was "just another" wrestler with no history behind him. Getting disqualified by using a chair at a PPV is just plain miserable & that's what Khali did. As for Cena beating Orton, I don't know, I'm just sick & tired of seeing Cena win every title match he gets. They put the belt on the wrong guy, clearly no one likes him so what's the fucking point at him still being the champion???

He sells enough merchandise. Obviously they donīt have any one else at the moment that they could put the title on and the fact that he makes them enough money is reason enough to keep the title on him. I see it that way, kids will always buy his shirts and all that stuff but with putting the title on him they also sell more title replicas. Especially just his spinner title. They know that if he doesnīt have any title to show to the fans that they wonīt sell any titles. Itīs business in the end and if he makes the company the most money then they wonīt change that. I rather have Cena as champ than Orton or Triple H.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2982 on: August 29, 2007, 02:46:13 PM »

Well, I personally never watched WCW regularly and stopped watching WWF by choice, not because they stopped airing it.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #2983 on: August 29, 2007, 05:33:51 PM »
I never watched WCW before the whole NWO/Monday Night Wars era either but once I did and permanent internet access came around I checked some earlier stuff and boy was it worth it. WCW was always trying to be the "not so sports entertainment oriented" alternative to the WWF but in the end they delivered some of the most stupid stuff ever. From the Shockmaster debut to the white castle of fear videos to their stupid gimmicks. Sure the WWF also had very VERY lame gimmicks but they had success with it. Watching some of WCWīs crap just makes you wonder and laugh at the same time. I love it.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2984 on: August 29, 2007, 05:44:16 PM »

He sells enough merchandise. Obviously they donīt have any one else at the moment that they could put the title on and the fact that he makes them enough money is reason enough to keep the title on him. I see it that way, kids will always buy his shirts and all that stuff but with putting the title on him they also sell more title replicas. Especially just his spinner title. They know that if he doesnīt have any title to show to the fans that they wonīt sell any titles. Itīs business in the end and if he makes the company the most money then they wonīt change that. I rather have Cena as champ than Orton or Triple H.

They were selling those replica belts for $300 at wrestlemania, madd kids had them, i couldn't believe it,

chill