Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274752 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #3360 on: November 28, 2007, 05:34:09 PM »
After the whole buying out WCW thing, Vince definitely took the wrong steps...Wrestling could have been as huge as ever right now if it weren't for all the fuck ups.

SGV

« Reply #3361 on: November 28, 2007, 07:30:27 PM »
After the whole buying out WCW thing, Vince definitely took the wrong steps...Wrestling could have been as huge as ever right now if it weren't for all the fuck ups.

Too much talent there to really work with. Think about it. Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Booker T, DDP & Goldberg were supposed to share the spotlight now with the likes of Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold, Chris Jericho, Undertaker and others. Just way too much. Plus, introducing the WCW belts was a weak move. Too many belts circulating has a lot of scumbag dudes getting the belts.

Honestly, they could've really built up the company into something amazing had they played it out right.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3362 on: November 28, 2007, 08:08:09 PM »
Even after owning WCW.... Vince was afraid to make it a brand on the level of the WWE. The possibilities were endless...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

SGV

« Reply #3363 on: November 28, 2007, 08:58:04 PM »
I think another issue was the egos. I think it would be hard to convince a Hulk Hogan to lose to The Rock and vice versa. But imagine, you had damn near every big name in Wrestling under one roof and they let it fizz out. I missed all of the invasion shit. I remember watching WCW's last episode of Nitro and after that, I pretty much stopped watching Wrestling within a month or so. That was what? 2001? I'm barely starting to watch it again, but it's not that exciting. I like TNA more... Mainly cuz of that Samoan Joe cat. Dude is dope. Plus they got the Steiners.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3364 on: November 28, 2007, 10:27:58 PM »
I think Samoa Joe is a big piece of crap.

SGV

« Reply #3365 on: November 28, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »
I think Samoa Joe is a big piece of crap.

You think so? Why's that? Just curious...

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3366 on: November 28, 2007, 11:11:02 PM »
I dont like his moves, his style and i think he has O charisma.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #3367 on: November 28, 2007, 11:37:26 PM »
I dont like his moves, his style and i think he has O charisma.

damn! samoa joe IS TALENTED!...but n e way that wcw/ecw ivasion in 2001 was weak...if they brought out other bigger names from wcw and vince cough up the cash it could have been great!...but instead it was mainly a bunch of wwf guys going to "wcw" and "ecw"...while the former wcw dudes were put on the background (except 4 booker t.)...after that wrestling really wasn't the same...matter fact after the monday night wars...probably one of the most exciting times in the business...wrestlers popping up in wcw the next night after a ppv from wwe...etc.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3368 on: November 29, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »
The wars the evolution of it being a kid show to being more for teens and young adult was a big thing too. In the late 90s sociaty was changing, more acces to the net , more media made are culture more violent, omre nudity etc.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3369 on: November 29, 2007, 01:17:50 PM »

Too much talent there to really work with. Think about it. Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Booker T, DDP & Goldberg were supposed to share the spotlight now with the likes of Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold, Chris Jericho, Undertaker and others. Just way too much. Plus, introducing the WCW belts was a weak move. Too many belts circulating has a lot of scumbag dudes getting the belts.

Honestly, they could've really built up the company into something amazing had they played it out right.

There's no such thing as "too much talent"...Vince shoulda' kept the WCW division how it was, and maybe had 1 or 2 major PPV's out of the year where it was "WWF vs. WCW", or something along those lines...shit woulda' been huge. Much better than Raw/Smackdown split and all the other BS they've been coming up with...Like you said, they could've REALLY built the company into somethin amazing, but Vince fucked shit up...PeACe

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3370 on: November 29, 2007, 01:19:46 PM »
^^^ yeah of course, Raw vs samckdown is always stupid anyways cuz we know its all the same owner. Even if we knew  WCw and WWf was different, keeping them seperated would of been key. It would of gave a rela competiton feel to it.

I think the Roster split era should be done.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #3371 on: November 30, 2007, 03:17:00 AM »
^^^ yeah of course, Raw vs samckdown is always stupid anyways cuz we know its all the same owner. Even if we knew  WCw and WWf was different, keeping them seperated would of been key. It would of gave a rela competiton feel to it.

I think the Roster split era should be done.

yeah im with that the raw before survivor series was the first time the roster looked big enough and that was only because you had a host of smackdown stars on there

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3372 on: December 01, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »
i just saw that Hornswoggle-Carlito segment from Raw

it was embarassing to say the least

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3373 on: December 02, 2007, 07:18:47 PM »
The Steiners suck in TNA, way passed their prime...they are both falling apart,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3374 on: December 02, 2007, 07:25:13 PM »
The Steiners suck in TNA, way passed their prime...they are both falling apart,

chill

yeah, Scott hasn't been on his game for a while.
after he went blonde and had the gimmick-personality change, i felt he started going downhill bit by bit from there.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!