Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282121 times)

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #3540 on: January 21, 2008, 01:59:42 AM »
Has everyone seem to forget that TNA started out as doing weekly non televised PPV's to doing internet matches & finally going to TV??? They've only been in the business for like 5 years now, what the hell do you expect? They've progressed alot.

I agree, but i still have a hard time watching it...it's like watching WCW in the early ninties imo

chill

Yeah they've come along way since they first started up. I remember watching TNA when they were on PPV in the beginning, and i thought alot of the young, new talent there were impressive but over the years it seems like they've pushed them down for all these 'WWE rejects' they got now. I mean i understand that they needed some big names to draw interest but i think they've gone overboard picking up any released talent from WWE. The only time i was sorta into it was when they were on PPV. Since then i've only watched maybe like once every few months. Then i just gave up when Double J was the champ everytime i saw it. I tried watching recently but i just cant get into it. It sucks imo, but the X Division is coo  8)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3541 on: January 21, 2008, 02:56:25 AM »
^^^Abyss, Johnny Devine, LAX, Kaz, Jay Lethal, Judas Mesias, Robert Roode, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley, A.J. Styles, Petey Williams, Eric Young, Awesome Kong, O.D.B. & just recently Shark Boy are all getting pushed & haven't been in the WWE (except for Hernandez). Then you've got people that were in the WWE but weren't getting pushed at all & they're getting pushed in TNA. & some of you guys say that TNA is unwatchable, haha, that's a funny statement when it's coming from a WWE fan. Go back to watching wack ass Hornswoggle winning the Royal Rumble, what a fuckin joke.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #3542 on: January 21, 2008, 03:06:47 AM »
^^^Abyss, Johnny Devine, LAX, Kaz, Jay Lethal, Judas Mesias, Robert Roode, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley, A.J. Styles, Petey Williams, Eric Young, Awesome Kong, O.D.B. & just recently Shark Boy are all getting pushed & haven't been in the WWE (except for Hernandez). Then you've got people that were in the WWE but weren't getting pushed at all & they're getting pushed in TNA. & some of you guys say that TNA is unwatchable, haha, that's a funny statement when it's coming from a WWE fan. Go back to watching wack ass Hornswoggle winning the Royal Rumble, what a fuckin joke.

That's good  :D but like i said i don't keep up with it, u know what im sayin? Last time i watched i think Angle had like all the belts or some shit. I mean damn not even HHH had all the belts at one time lol And don't get me wrong, WWE isn't exactly puttin' out incredible shit either. I mean, im not exactly pissin my pants with excitement of Hornswoggle being in the Royal Rumble lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3543 on: January 21, 2008, 04:42:50 AM »
^He lost 2 of those belts on the same night at some PPV. I thought it was a cool idea how he had to defend 3 different belts on 1 PPV in 3 different matches. That's a first. Anyways since then TNA has become alot better. I wasn't really checking for TNA some time ago but I watched a few Impacts! & that's when I realized TNA is a whole lot more enjoyable than WWE.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3544 on: January 21, 2008, 12:18:48 PM »
The fact that they had Angle work 3 matches on one PPV shows that TNA does not have confidence in their talent and would rather push a popular WWE star before building their own stars which in turns builds a new fan base.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3545 on: January 21, 2008, 01:15:07 PM »
The fact that they had Angle work 3 matches on one PPV shows that TNA does not have confidence in their talent and would rather push a popular WWE star before building their own stars which in turns builds a new fan base.

i agree with u on that tna dont have confidence in there own stars

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3546 on: January 21, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »
Why are you ignoring the facts??? I just posted who they're pushing plus Angle lost 2 of those belts. You don't watch TNA so why don't you stop commenting on it, saying who they are & who they aren't pushing. You can't speak on what you don't know.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3547 on: January 21, 2008, 08:52:54 PM »
Raw was pretty cool tonight.... Shawn still delivers that super-kick like no other. Maria is looking so bone-able too.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3548 on: January 21, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »
howd you like the new stage

Sikotic™

« Reply #3549 on: January 21, 2008, 09:48:32 PM »
Why are you ignoring the facts??? I just posted who they're pushing plus Angle lost 2 of those belts. You don't watch TNA so why don't you stop commenting on it, saying who they are & who they aren't pushing. You can't speak on what you don't know.
First of all, how are you so damn sure I don't watch TNA? I watch it enough to know what's going on. Yes, they push Kazarian, Eric Young, Samoa Joe, Kane Jr. Abyss, The Notorious B.I.G. Awesome Kong, AJ Styles, Tomko, Robert Roode, etc. etc. My point is: those guys will get 1 or 2 segments to promote their matches and win over the fans while a guy like Angle will get 4 or 5. They push Angle and Sting twice as much as any of their up-and-comers because they're established stars already. You know it and I know it, so don't get butt hurt about it like most typical TNA fans who refuse to admit that their product is weak and unoriginal. They don't offer anything unique other than the X Division which is great, but underutilized. Anything else TNA does can be seen on WWE on a bigger scale with better production and energy. THAT right there is their problem and will continue to be their problem unless they decide to change the direction of their company.

To say something positive about TNA though, I do like the interpromotional stuff they're about to do with UFC. That is ballsy on their part

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #3550 on: January 21, 2008, 09:51:14 PM »
I thought it was great, but if they are still serious about this brand extension thing, then it going to be weird since all 3 brands are going to use that set now, at least that is what I read somewhere.

I always liked the different sets each brand had, but it's really not a big deal.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

« Reply #3551 on: January 22, 2008, 12:07:19 AM »
TNA is cool. They have some corny ass promos though. That Shark Boy shit is corny as hell. I like how they have so many contenders for the belt. That keeps it interesting...

Some of their wrestlers are probably the dopest I've seen in a long time. Petey Williams is crazy with that piledriver he has. Samoa Joe is just hella solid to me. Dude deserves the hold the title already. AJ Styles would be a Champ by now in WWE, I'm pretty sure. They made him look like a clown with that Christian and Angle shit.

I'd really like to see The Steiners hold the tag title one more time. The Dudleys are dope... I'd like to see them move on from the X-Division shit though. Too bad I never was able to see TNA when it first came out. It seemed like it was pretty good.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #3552 on: January 22, 2008, 02:19:26 AM »

that shit looked like a PPV set lol i liked it though, looks dope when certain wrestlers (HHH, Y2J, etc.) come out and it's all customized for them.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3553 on: January 22, 2008, 04:26:26 AM »
First of all, how are you so damn sure I don't watch TNA? I watch it enough to know what's going on. Yes, they push Kazarian, Eric Young, Samoa Joe, Kane Jr. Abyss, The Notorious B.I.G. Awesome Kong, AJ Styles, Tomko, Robert Roode, etc. etc. My point is: those guys will get 1 or 2 segments to promote their matches and win over the fans while a guy like Angle will get 4 or 5. They push Angle and Sting twice as much as any of their up-and-comers because they're established stars already. You know it and I know it, so don't get butt hurt about it like most typical TNA fans who refuse to admit that their product is weak and unoriginal. They don't offer anything unique other than the X Division which is great, but underutilized. Anything else TNA does can be seen on WWE on a bigger scale with better production and energy. THAT right there is their problem and will continue to be their problem unless they decide to change the direction of their company.

To say something positive about TNA though, I do like the interpromotional stuff they're about to do with UFC. That is ballsy on their part
I love it when people compare Abyss to Kane &/or Mankind. Other than the chokeslam (that isn't even Abyss' special move) & mask what do the 2 have in common??? I can't wait to see your respeonse, really. Plus why in the hell wouldn't they push Angle or Sting??? Well like you said they're both established. So if you had a wrestling federation, you wouldn't promote these guys??? Well if TNA wouldn't be promoting them so much haters would be calling them stupid for not using their 2 biggest stars so basically whatever TNA would do with them would be a wrong move in your opinion. Angle is great,"you know it and I know it, so don't get butt hurt". & about the X division, they're getting the biggest push they can thanks to Team 3D & soon thx to Scott Steiner. People tend to bitch about the division but I don't see no cruserweight division in the WWE making any moves. Who was the last champion??? Fucking Hornswoggle, what a disgrace. Oh & if TNA was so "weak & unoriginal" like you claim, believe me, I wouldn't be watching it. TNA is for people that are sick & tired of all the bullshit going on in the WWE (since people tend to complain about it all the time, even their fans). If you don't like either product, I suggest you leave wresting alone. Now that last sentence wasn't directed at you BUT if the shoe fits...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:27:59 AM by Still Shinin' aka UKnowWhatItIs »

SGV

« Reply #3554 on: January 22, 2008, 07:47:03 AM »
^You really don't see the similarities between Abyss/Kane/Mankind????

The Mask, the Chokeslam, the depressed/crazy persona, the Thumbtacks, the "secret" past...

Dude is a straight bite of both Kane and Mankid without a doubt...

I don't know how this dude is considered a "monster."

The X-Divison is not very exciting to me. I don't give a fuck about Cruiserweights/Lightweights. The only good true Lightweights that I've ever really enjoyed were Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Kidman, Jerry Lynn, AJ Styles, Petey Williams...

Aside from those dudes I just listed, there's nothing interesting about Lightweights/Cruiserweights. Especially when they're facing dudes who damn near double their size...

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:57:23 AM by SGV: R.I.P. To Pimp C »