Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274782 times)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #3630 on: February 01, 2008, 09:08:30 AM »
The difference between MVP and Shelton Benjamin is that MVP has excellent mic skills and is a good worker, while Shelton isn't much on the mic but athletically, he shines. Being that today's WWE is more character driven, I believe MVP will go the farthest. He could even be bigger if he turned face down the road.

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3631 on: February 01, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »
^^^ Did you ever fuck your roomates?

Don't you remember me eventually marrying Vanessa and the show going downhill shortly afterwards?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3632 on: February 01, 2008, 02:10:55 PM »
^^^ Did you ever fuck your roomates?

Don't you remember me eventually marrying Vanessa and the show going downhill shortly afterwards?

ahhhh yesss thats is true

cantoms

• 'G'
« Reply #3633 on: February 01, 2008, 04:32:50 PM »
The difference between MVP and Shelton Benjamin is that MVP has excellent mic skills and is a good worker, while Shelton isn't much on the mic but athletically, he shines. Being that today's WWE is more character driven, I believe MVP will go the farthest. He could even be bigger if he turned face down the road.

I really hope that they keep MVP as a heel.  I think that the WWE turns too many of their good heels face and ultimately ends up making the shows stale in the long run since they're either short on credible heel opponents or the fans get tired of that wrestler being a face (e.g., Shelton Benjamin a few years ago).  Another good example is John Cena.  I liked it when he was doing the whole Vanilla Ice heel thing, but now as a face he just kind of blends in with the other faces like HBK and Jeff Hardy.

I liked it the way it was in the 80's and 90's where certain wrestlers were kept heels pretty much their entire career like Ted Dibiase, Rick Martel (except for the Strike Force Era), Mr. Perfect, etc.  I remember as a kid that the character turns used to really have an impact with me like the Rockers split or Jake the Snake turning heel.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3634 on: February 02, 2008, 12:10:23 AM »

I really hope that they keep MVP as a heel.  I think that the WWE turns too many of their good heels face and ultimately ends up making the shows stale in the long run since they're either short on credible heel opponents or the fans get tired of that wrestler being a face (e.g., Shelton Benjamin a few years ago).  Another good example is John Cena.  I liked it when he was doing the whole Vanilla Ice heel thing, but now as a face he just kind of blends in with the other faces like HBK and Jeff Hardy.

I liked it the way it was in the 80's and 90's where certain wrestlers were kept heels pretty much their entire career like Ted Dibiase, Rick Martel (except for the Strike Force Era), Mr. Perfect, etc.  I remember as a kid that the character turns used to really have an impact with me like the Rockers split or Jake the Snake turning heel.

exacly or wat bout hogan turning bad u know

Sikotic™

« Reply #3635 on: February 02, 2008, 01:16:07 AM »
Hogan turning heel at Bash At The Beach was on some epic shit. Kids in my neighborhood were crying like bitches when that went down.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3636 on: February 02, 2008, 09:31:12 PM »
Hogan turning heel at Bash At The Beach was on some epic shit. Kids in my neighborhood were crying like bitches when that went down.

LOL, I got one for you bro...
When Hogan Lost The championship to The Undertaker @ The 1991 Survivor Series, My lil' Cousin who was 4 at the Time
ran into Traffic and almost got Killed, he caused a big-time accident right outside my pad. (3 cars)

Dude Was Ballin' like Jordan..

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3637 on: February 02, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »

When Hogan Lost The championship to The Undertaker @ The 1991 Survivor Series, My lil' Cousin who was 4 at the Time
ran into Traffic and almost got Killed, he caused a big-time accident right outside my pad. (3 cars)

lol damn.

I remember when Sting joined the Wolfpac, I was dead quiet in shock for like 2 or 3 days straight lol.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3638 on: February 03, 2008, 07:35:11 PM »

lol damn.

I remember when Sting joined the Wolfpac, I was dead quiet in shock for like 2 or 3 days straight lol.

You could see that coming though, his boy Luger got down with them so you knew time would only tell when he did.  I was more shocked when he did the crow gimmick.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3639 on: February 03, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »

lol

not funny at alll tho

Sikotic™

« Reply #3640 on: February 03, 2008, 07:56:21 PM »
The Montreal Screwjob got a crazy reaction too. I remember being in 6th grade at the time and at lunch everybody was talking about it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3641 on: February 03, 2008, 08:09:58 PM »
The Montreal Screwjob got a crazy reaction too. I remember being in 6th grade at the time and at lunch everybody was talking about it.

yeaah one of my friends was there he said it was insane at the bell center.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3642 on: February 04, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »
I could really do without these Vince McMahon Kiss-My-Ass Club segments..
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3643 on: February 05, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »
PPv's Have Really Lost Their luster because Honestly why watch/Order The PPV?
When we Already seen the match like 1,000,000,000X Before on "Raw" or "SmakckDown"

Only PPV I Ever order is "Wrestlemania" And That's Just To keep My streak alive..
I've been watching every 'Mania on PPV since #2. & watched #1 on Closed Ciruit.
Wrestling Was The Shiiiit in The 80's.

Vince is Losing his Touch.
Let's Get Back down To basics Cut Down on The Stupid Skit's/Promo's
(Only have a Segment For Them, Not After Every Match Only Giving us one Full Match Per Hour)

Having a Main Event At The Top of The last hour of "Raw" is shit...
How you Gonna have A Main Event with only 3 Minutes left on the program, Sure that's an Oldschool
Move But Back in the days they would Say, "Time Allowed we will show The rest of this match,
If Not Next week Will have The conclusin.."  ;) 
(Sure we didn't have 'Net & Spoiler's back Then, Blah Blah... But we'd tune in like a Mutha next week)

Wrestling has a Way of Alienating their Core fan base every 10 years, By making Fun of or laughing at Wrestler's..
The 90's bashed The 80's, The 2000's bashed The 90's...
I can Only Imagine How this era Will be made fun of, The decline is On. maybe Not in rating's Or Buy's.
But Quality.

I Still check it, But maybe Only Out of reflex.
(The best Thing WWE does is make those DVD's With the best of's on it... They robbing me blind With Those)

A Fan Since it was Fun.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3644 on: February 05, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »
One thing that might help is letting wrestlers from the Raw & Smackdown shows challenge each other. I realize that can put a problem on the Monday & Tuesday travel but if they schedule it in advance it shouldn't be a problem.

Things just need to be mixed up a little.... 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ