Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 281105 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #3645 on: February 05, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »
I could really do without these Vince McMahon Kiss-My-Ass Club segments..

there ridiculous

WWE started to fall of in 03

cantoms

• 'G'
« Reply #3646 on: February 05, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »

I agree with you on that.  Also, I'm tired of these contract signings too.  I never got the point of them except that someone always gets jumped in the end. 

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3647 on: February 05, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »
One thing that might help is letting wrestlers from the Raw & Smackdown shows challenge each other. I realize that can put a problem on the Monday & Tuesday travel but if they schedule it in advance it shouldn't be a problem.

Things just need to be mixed up a little.... 

co sign on that homie things need to be mixed up and they need new story lines too

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3648 on: February 05, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »

I agree with you on that.  Also, I'm tired of these contract signings too.  I never got the point of them except that someone always gets jumped in the end. 

they should just do it for Wm and  Summerslam, make them special and mean something again. If not have em every single time because having them out of the blue makes it seem amature.
»Then again a lot of shit they do comes off immature

SGV

« Reply #3649 on: February 05, 2008, 03:09:20 PM »
PPV's aren't even special anymore. What I liked about Wrestling back in the day was that you wouldn't really get these big matches every week. You had to wait for the PPV's for that. And PPV were once every 3 months or so, making them mean more. Not EVERY month. Back in the day it was Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Suvivor Series and that was it. Not every month is a new PPV. It's too much. They mean nothing to me. You can see a Wrestlemania Main Event by tuning into ANY Monday Night Raw. That's weak.

cantoms

• 'G'
« Reply #3650 on: February 05, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »

they should just do it for Wm and  Summerslam, make them special and mean something again. If not have em every single time because having them out of the blue makes it seem amature.
»Then again a lot of shit they do comes off immature

Yeah, that's what I mean.... they just kind of do them whenever they feel like it, and it's always the same outcome.  I guess the thing that doesn't make sense to me is why you need to sign a contract.  Why only for the world title and not for the IC and tag team?  Or think of how many times the world champion is ordered to defend the title when he doesn't want to..... 

I know this post is pretty dumb, but it just shows how much the writers suck and are just trying to hype things unnecessarily or come up with "exciting"  ::) angles.

cantoms

• 'G'
« Reply #3651 on: February 05, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »
PPV's aren't even special anymore. What I liked about Wrestling back in the day was that you wouldn't really get these big matches every week. You had to wait for the PPV's for that. And PPV were once every 3 months or so, making them mean more. Not EVERY month. Back in the day it was Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Suvivor Series and that was it. Not every month is a new PPV. It's too much. They mean nothing to me. You can see a Wrestlemania Main Event by tuning into ANY Monday Night Raw. That's weak.

I found that when they had only 4 PPVs a year, they seemed like a big deal, especially how Survivor Series and Royal Rumble were unique, but the wait was too long.  The perfect number would be 6-8 per year. 

I don't find that the televised matches are really "big matches."  They may involve the big names, but it's almost always a tag team match or a handicap/mystery partner match.  The thing I liked about WCW was that they used Nitro (and sometimes Thunder) to give PPV-style matches.  A lot of people complained about how often WCW did title changes on TV with the TV title, Tag Team, US, and Cruiserweight titles.  I liked these title changes because it made the PPV match seem more important if the former champion was trying to win back his title or if the title had changed hands a couple of times already and this was the last match in the series.  WCW frequently had the World Title change hands on TV (Giant-Ric Flair, Goldberg-Hogan), which is something that the WWE should do sometimes too (i.e., more than the once a year that they are doing - and this is only when there's been an injury and they need to take the title off of the champion.)

SGV

« Reply #3652 on: February 05, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »
^IMO the title loses it's value if it changes hands so often. Wrestling turned me off when David Arquette (sp) won the title in WCW. That was horrible.

I loved the wait. The suspension was dope cuz you didn't know what to expect and they were worthwhile. I waited for the Royal Rumble cuz the Rumble always meant something to me. Wrestlemania was really the big show, it wasn't just another PPV like it is now, IMO. Summerslam was the lesser of all the PPV's, but it had no gimmick... Survivor Series you couldn't fuck with. I wish they brought that format back.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3653 on: February 05, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »
Even when they added the fifth big pay-per-view 'King of the Ring' i enjoyed that alot as well. Because the best actual wrestlers were actually brought out, not the cats hiding behind gimmicks and 8 minute matches. If you go back and watch KOTR 93 and 94 you'll see some great matches. Especially in 93 when Bret won, we got the pleasure of seeing him in great matches with Curt Hennig, Scott Hall & Bam Bam Bigelow,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

SGV

« Reply #3654 on: February 05, 2008, 04:30:12 PM »
Even when they added the fifth big pay-per-view 'King of the Ring' i enjoyed that alot as well. Because the best actual wrestlers were actually brought out, not the cats hiding behind gimmicks and 8 minute matches. If you go back and watch KOTR 93 and 94 you'll see some great matches. Especially in 93 when Bret won, we got the pleasure of seeing him in great matches with Curt Hennig, Scott Hall & Bam Bam Bigelow,

chill

I forgot about when they added that! All these other PPV's take away from its importance.

cantoms

• 'G'
« Reply #3655 on: February 05, 2008, 04:31:32 PM »
^IMO the title loses it's value if it changes hands so often. Wrestling turned me off when David Arquette (sp) won the title in WCW. That was horrible.

I loved the wait. The suspension was dope cuz you didn't know what to expect and they were worthwhile. I waited for the Royal Rumble cuz the Rumble always meant something to me. Wrestlemania was really the big show, it wasn't just another PPV like it is now, IMO. Summerslam was the lesser of all the PPV's, but it had no gimmick... Survivor Series you couldn't fuck with. I wish they brought that format back.

I agree, the David Arquette thing was maybe the lowest point in the history of wrestling, IMO.  Just like all of the other people who should have never been champion - Vince McMahon.  I don't know if the titles would lose too much value if the WWE did title changes but didn't bury anybody who's not the #1 contender.  Take for example the tag team division this past year: the Highlanders, Kendrick & London, Deuce & Domino, and even Cade & Murdock now, were either champions or top contenders but are getting jobbed out every week.  They had something good with the Hardys, but they split them up.  

SGV

« Reply #3656 on: February 05, 2008, 04:56:25 PM »
Deuce and Domino are horrible IMO. I don't think theres any good tag teams. I think its so up and down cuz the Writers are noticing how weak the teams really are.

Losing the Hardys, Dudleys and APA was a big blow for the tag team division in the wwe

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3657 on: February 05, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
anybody have a link for last night's Raw?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3658 on: February 05, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »
Well in the 90s havoing a ppv eevry month wasent so bad it wasewnt as good as every 2 or 3 months but still respectable. What realy fucked it up is when they started adding 2 ppvs a month. Thats what killed it. I just wish they dint take us for idiota and take there product in another direction. BAd humour and stuff has been done.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3659 on: February 05, 2008, 10:14:23 PM »
That Kiss My Ass Club segment was the weakest and most pointless thing I've seen on Raw in a while. The midget bites Vince's ass while he runs around in a circle? WTF?

I felt bad for Finlay since they're throwing him in the middle of all this. He's actually a respectable mat technician.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE