Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282068 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #3990 on: August 19, 2008, 01:33:38 AM »
i still enjoy watchin the game

The Best of 3 Worlds

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3991 on: August 19, 2008, 09:38:20 AM »
I'm still wondering wtf is up with Mysterio.

Last I heard was that he was trying to re-negotiate his contract for more money.

Mick Foley also seems to be leaving WWE.

Foley is pretty much confirmed to leave, Mysterio not sure. His next feud has already been set up with Kane, maybe they worked something out.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3992 on: August 19, 2008, 10:49:34 AM »

Last I heard was that he was trying to re-negotiate his contract for more money.

Foley is pretty much confirmed to leave, Mysterio not sure. His next feud has already been set up with Kane, maybe they worked something out.

Rey is gonna be back
Orton is still hurt tho

The Best of 3 Worlds

h2k4

« Reply #3993 on: August 19, 2008, 11:43:19 AM »

Yeah, I guess he was supposed to appear at the HIAC match at Summerslam but WWE told him they changed the plans to use him.  Hopefully, TNA will pick him up.

@"The" Mosav:  I actually think it was a little before that.  One thing that i think contributed to the somewhat downfall of wrestling was WCW being bought out by WWE.  That was a terrible move.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3994 on: August 19, 2008, 09:47:48 PM »
  One thing that i think contributed to the somewhat downfall of wrestling was WCW being bought out by WWE. 

I agree.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3995 on: August 19, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
  One thing that i think contributed to the somewhat downfall of wrestling was WCW being bought out by WWE. 

I agree.

me too, but in the end wcw wasent much competition anyway

Sikotic™

« Reply #3996 on: August 19, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »

I agree.

me too, but in the end wcw wasent much competition anyway
Yeah, it was a clusterfuck with poor booking and lots of wasted talent.

Kind of like TNA today. They are going nowhere fast even with their talent pool, which surpasses WWE's.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3997 on: August 19, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »
yeah no competition equals complacency, but i still enjoy watching

The Best of 3 Worlds

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3998 on: August 20, 2008, 04:25:53 AM »
WCW had issues when they brought back Eric Bischoff and had Vince Russo with him. Before Russo, Eric was burned out and left WCW with Kevin Sullivan, who used favoritism and was notorious for holding back new talent in favor of broken old talent. Sullivan I put in responsibility as the cause of the fall of WCW, that and that Eric Bischoff was not as driven as Vince McMahon. Eric wanted to compete with WWF by doing what WWF wouldn't do, feature the cruiserweights, offer huge contracts which forced the WWF to build new talent, and push it's own new talent to main event level like The Giant and Bill Goldberg.

By the time WCW was bought, it was over though. The company was going down hill, trying to use gimmicks to comeback, and was getting killed when it came to developing new talent. Yeah, they finally put the belt on Booker T, but at the same time, WCW needed to push more main eventers, along with Booker T and Scott Steiner and Bill Goldberg. The gimmicks were down hill, the rivalries were uninspired and the money to buy huge talent was now caught in a merger.

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3999 on: August 20, 2008, 06:39:26 AM »

[img]

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4000 on: August 20, 2008, 07:04:41 AM »
It's funny though, when WCW had both Russo & Eric you'd think they would make miracles but the trust between the 2 just wasn't there. The real reason WCW fell apart was because of the merger between AOL and Time Warner in 2001. Ted Turner did't have much control & the "new guys" in charge weren't too fond of wrestling. Eric was supposed to buy out WCW but WWF got the deal. I think if WCW lasted a bit longer (Eric & co buying WCW) I think they would've got their shit together & made a comeback. WCW while falling apart>>> WWE today

h2k4

« Reply #4001 on: August 20, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
nWo > Any other group.  I still remember when the Outsiders invaded WCW.  And I agree, the merger led to the demise of WCW.

It's true, WCW did push the same players but they made WWE become competitive.  When you take out the competition, you have no gauge for how much you should raise the bar.  Look at the angles WWE use to do with DX or the whole Kane vs. Undertaker thing as well as the Y2J save us thing.  Now, they're uninspired storylines.  I think TNA is working its way up the ladder.  They're using the vets so that they can bring in more viewers but displaying new talent as well.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #4002 on: August 20, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »
nWo > Any other group.  I still remember when the Outsiders invaded WCW.  And I agree, the merger led to the demise of WCW.

It's true, WCW did push the same players but they made WWE become competitive.  When you take out the competition, you have no gauge for how much you should raise the bar.  Look at the angles WWE use to do with DX or the whole Kane vs. Undertaker thing as well as the Y2J save us thing.  Now, they're uninspired storylines.  I think TNA is working its way up the ladder.  They're using the vets so that they can bring in more viewers but displaying new talent as well.

and the WCW wasnt lucky enough to have THE ROCK And AUSTIN who made took the wwe to another level

The Best of 3 Worlds

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4003 on: August 20, 2008, 01:54:57 PM »
^Actually Austin was in WCW, so was Triple H. But because of guys like Flair (who had some control in WCW back then) the new guys weren't getting pushed. Bischoff could've been a factor to that too. I've heard both Austin & Eric speak on this, I don't really know who to believe.

Yeah TNA is going in the right direction, of course they do fuck up here & there but I see TNA getting big in 09. Not as big to go on Monday nights head to head with RAW but still considered as some sort of "threat".
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:00:34 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »

h2k4

« Reply #4004 on: August 20, 2008, 02:17:34 PM »
^Actually Austin was in WCW, so was Triple H. But because of guys like Flair (who had some control in WCW back then) the new guys weren't getting pushed. Bischoff could've been a factor to that too. I've heard both Austin & Eric speak on this, I don't really know who to believe.

Yeah TNA is going in the right direction, of course they do fuck up here & there but I see TNA getting big in 09. Not as big to go on Monday nights head to head with RAW but still considered as some sort of "threat".

Yeah, I'd say another year or two and Smackdown or RAW could have a problem on their hands.