Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274626 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #4950 on: January 05, 2010, 04:36:35 AM »
I gotta check out that DVD on Bret; if anybody can hook it up, it'll be greatly appreciated  ;D

Btw, I'm happy to see Stu Hart get inducted. He trained some of big names in the industry.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

ThaChamp

« Reply #4951 on: January 05, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »
I gotta check out that DVD on Bret; if anybody can hook it up, it'll be greatly appreciated  ;D

Btw, I'm happy to see Stu Hart get inducted. He trained some of big names in the industry.

you have to register but they got everything...

http://overtopropetorrents.com/

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4952 on: January 05, 2010, 12:16:47 PM »
TNA fucked up with their first match though. Dude couldn't even climb out of the cage, he just ended up falling down lol.

yeah, the ending was botched, but the actual match was great. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4953 on: January 05, 2010, 12:20:12 PM »
so how many segments did hart get?  i watch the opening and closing segments of raw...and they both sucked. 

if thats all that hart did, then i wont even waste my time downloading raw....

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

ThaChamp

« Reply #4954 on: January 05, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »
so how many segments did hart get?  i watch the opening and closing segments of raw...and they both sucked. 

dont...

im really suprised TNA got my attention so much and im actuall excited to see the next show

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4955 on: January 05, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »

dont...

im really suprised TNA got my attention so much and im actuall excited to see the next show

bret hart is the man, and its cool to see him on tv again, but the hart nostalgia will start to fade quickly....same thing with hogan.  the difference is, tna is a much better overall product and theyre hungry.  if hogan can keep his ego in check and actually do what he said last night (the bit about "doing it right this time") then i can see tna getting better ratings within a couple of years, max. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4956 on: January 05, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »

dont...

bret hart is the man, and its cool to see him on tv again, but the hart nostalgia will start to fade quickly....same thing with hogan.  the difference is, tna is a much better overall product and theyre hungry.  if hogan can keep his ego in check and actually do what he said last night (the bit about "doing it right this time") then i can see tna getting better ratings within a couple of years, max. 

TNA has the better product, really? Seriously, I rarely change the channel on a Kurt Angle match, but Kofi and Orton put on a great match, doing that old nWo stuff did nothing for me, as seeing a blotted Scott Hall and grey Kevin Nash didn't scream "watch this" and seeing Val Venus, Jeff Jarrett and the Nasty Boys didn't do anything for me. Okay, the Beautiful People playing strip poker, that did something to me... lol. About the only thing worth watching was Samoa Joe and AJ vs. Angle.

WWE did have Bret Hart, which seeing him with Shawn Michaels was a bit predictable but it really moved me. Like the Beautiful People, a Maryse match is always welcomed on my TV, and the US #1 contender match was also pretty cool. Now DX vs. JeriShow was a waste of time, and a good point to change the channel, but the cool thing of having two wrestling shows, you can change the channel.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4957 on: January 05, 2010, 03:51:22 PM »
yes, im my opinion tna shits all over wwe....and tna is about to get the squirts!! 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4958 on: January 05, 2010, 04:02:48 PM »
yes, im my opinion tna shits all over wwe....and tna is about to get the squirts!! 

:o

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yU4QrBNcP70&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yU4QrBNcP70&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4959 on: January 05, 2010, 07:47:34 PM »

dont...

TNA has the better product, really? Seriously, I rarely change the channel on a Kurt Angle match, but Kofi and Orton put on a great match, doing that old nWo stuff did nothing for me, as seeing a blotted Scott Hall and grey Kevin Nash didn't scream "watch this" and seeing Val Venus, Jeff Jarrett and the Nasty Boys didn't do anything for me. Okay, the Beautiful People playing strip poker, that did something to me... lol. About the only thing worth watching was Samoa Joe and AJ vs. Angle.

WWE did have Bret Hart, which seeing him with Shawn Michaels was a bit predictable but it really moved me. Like the Beautiful People, a Maryse match is always welcomed on my TV, and the US #1 contender match was also pretty cool. Now DX vs. JeriShow was a waste of time, and a good point to change the channel, but the cool thing of having two wrestling shows, you can change the channel.

I didn't see Orton vs Kofi so I can't say how good or bad it was. But I can say it was not at all better than AJ/Angle and there is only one reason for that. I didn't care about Orton vs Kofi. I did care about Angle vs AJ. And that is what matters most in a wrestling match. If the worst technical match in history can draw you in and make you care about who wins and how they win, it beats the best technical match where who wins doesn't matter. I had no clue about either feud and no reason to like one over the other, but Angle vs AJ mattered to me.

That is what I hope TNA is trying to do this time; make people care about who wins and loses. I know WWE gave up on that years ago and that's why I can't watch anymore. Booking Pro wrestling is the simplest thing in the world. You create a championship and you make winning that championship mean more than anything else. So every feud with your champion is about not losing the belt and winning the belt, and every other feud is about getting closer to getting a chance to win that belt. The second a wrestler says he'll put his quest for the title on hold to take care of unfinished business is the second the company loses itself.

Wrestling is an imitation of sport. You'd never hear a team say they'll opt out of the playoffs for a chance to beat a team they have a grudge with. The championship comes first. If you can win a rivalry on the way their, great. If not, then you keep your eyes on the prize and worry about the rivalry later. I'm not saying TNA is doing this now, or will, but I hope Hogan uses this approach to build his product over the next two years. because if he does, it will pay off. I guarantee it. With the WWE I'm positive Stephanie and friends do not care about that approach and that is why I don't watch.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4960 on: January 05, 2010, 09:22:59 PM »
My hige disappointment with TNA last night was that they're whole angle is "this is not entertainment, this is wrestling", yet they had about the same amount of, if not less, wrestling than WWE. And I do understand that they are in a transition process and they have to put those things into motion, but they should of made a little more emphasis on wrestling. Never been a big TNA fan, but they did do a good job and put on a decent show. Usually, it's just a complete clusterfuck.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4961 on: January 05, 2010, 09:29:48 PM »
My hige disappointment with TNA last night was that they're whole angle is "this is not entertainment, this is wrestling", yet they had about the same amount of, if not less, wrestling than WWE. And I do understand that they are in a transition process and they have to put those things into motion, but they should of made a little more emphasis on wrestling. Never been a big TNA fan, but they did do a good job and put on a decent show. Usually, it's just a complete clusterfuck.

This day and age just saying the word wrestling is a huge step forward.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4962 on: January 05, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »

dont...

I didn't see Orton vs Kofi so I can't say how good or bad it was. But I can say it was not at all better than AJ/Angle and there is only one reason for that. I didn't care about Orton vs Kofi. I did care about Angle vs AJ. And that is what matters most in a wrestling match. If the worst technical match in history can draw you in and make you care about who wins and how they win, it beats the best technical match where who wins doesn't matter. I had no clue about either feud and no reason to like one over the other, but Angle vs AJ mattered to me.

That is what I hope TNA is trying to do this time; make people care about who wins and loses. I know WWE gave up on that years ago and that's why I can't watch anymore. Booking Pro wrestling is the simplest thing in the world. You create a championship and you make winning that championship mean more than anything else. So every feud with your champion is about not losing the belt and winning the belt, and every other feud is about getting closer to getting a chance to win that belt. The second a wrestler says he'll put his quest for the title on hold to take care of unfinished business is the second the company loses itself.

Wrestling is an imitation of sport. You'd never hear a team say they'll opt out of the playoffs for a chance to beat a team they have a grudge with. The championship comes first. If you can win a rivalry on the way their, great. If not, then you keep your eyes on the prize and worry about the rivalry later. I'm not saying TNA is doing this now, or will, but I hope Hogan uses this approach to build his product over the next two years. because if he does, it will pay off. I guarantee it. With the WWE I'm positive Stephanie and friends do not care about that approach and that is why I don't watch.

Here's the funny part, Raw had more "wrestling" on it that TNA. TNA had nothing more than 2 matches all night. Here's a recap of all the "wrestling" TNA had. Times from Lordsofpain.net.

1. The Steel Asylum match ended in a no-contest in 4:30. A gimmick match only went 5 minutes long and ended in a no-contest... WTF

2. ODB defeated Tara in 2:40. I was watching the Maryse match, changed the channel and caught the beginning of this match and said I'll watch this one instead. Once it was over, I changed back and the Maryse match was still going on. Don't tell me two highly accomplished wrestlers got out worked by Maryse? PLEASE

3. Awesome Kong and Hamada defeated Sarita and Taylor Wilde in 9:40. Can't complain, didn't watch the whole match, but did see the end and was really interested in it. Until the main event, the only true wrestling I saw.

4. Matt Morgan and Hermandez defeated Raven and Dr. Stevie in 0:30. I honestly thought I missed most this match. I changed back, Raven tagged in Stevie, Stevie gets kicked by Matt Morgan, Raven trips and that's the match. I thought I missed something until I read the results. WOW.

5. D'Angelo Dinero defeated Desmond Wolfe in 2:40. Ok seriously, wasn't Wolfe fighting Angle last month, and he loses in 3 minutes? WTF.

6. Samoa Joe beat Abyss in 4:50. Saw the whole match because I love Joe. I seriously love his work, and like Angle I don't miss many of his matches. But dude, him and Abyss could have put on a great match.

7. A.J. Styles beat Kurt Angle in what, 20 minutes. Great match, but I hated the interference and what's up with everything else going on during the match, Flair, Hogan talking afterward. You have AJ styles, the alternative to of all people, Sheamus, you are starting with the perfect champion and you can't fully focus on this match with the best wrestler in the world in Kurt Angle. I loved their match, I watched the end and was very pleased. But everything else just sucked.

What's wrong with TNA... IT'S NOT 1996, I don't care Sting is in the rafter. I don't want to see a blotted Scott Hall and a grey Kevin Nash, Orlando Jordan wasn't that great in WWE, why focus on him, Val Venus playing strip poker, so 1998, WTF, the Nasty Boys vs. the Dudley Boys, how am I suppose to care. I see people getting beat up, but where is this leading, MCMGs and Rhino... ok? Jarrett and Hogan was cool, the last time they were in a WCW ring it was a worked shoot so you have some history, but honestly why was that not mentioned. You could have had Hogan telling Jarrett it's his show now and mentioned the night Jarrett laid down for him. All I have to say though is a Maryse match lasted longer than the TNA Woman's title match, a match that the belt changed hands. Case close.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4963 on: January 05, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »

dont...

Background on Kofi vs. Orton.

MSG
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvk79jnvtNw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rvk79jnvtNw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Last night
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/diEtdBQMTT8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/diEtdBQMTT8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4964 on: January 06, 2010, 07:40:30 AM »

Here's the funny part, Raw had more "wrestling" on it that TNA. TNA had nothing more than 2 matches all night. Here's a recap of all the "wrestling" TNA had. Times from Lordsofpain.net.

1. The Steel Asylum match ended in a no-contest in 4:30. A gimmick match only went 5 minutes long and ended in a no-contest... WTF

2. ODB defeated Tara in 2:40. I was watching the Maryse match, changed the channel and caught the beginning of this match and said I'll watch this one instead. Once it was over, I changed back and the Maryse match was still going on. Don't tell me two highly accomplished wrestlers got out worked by Maryse? PLEASE

3. Awesome Kong and Hamada defeated Sarita and Taylor Wilde in 9:40. Can't complain, didn't watch the whole match, but did see the end and was really interested in it. Until the main event, the only true wrestling I saw.

4. Matt Morgan and Hermandez defeated Raven and Dr. Stevie in 0:30. I honestly thought I missed most this match. I changed back, Raven tagged in Stevie, Stevie gets kicked by Matt Morgan, Raven trips and that's the match. I thought I missed something until I read the results. WOW.

5. D'Angelo Dinero defeated Desmond Wolfe in 2:40. Ok seriously, wasn't Wolfe fighting Angle last month, and he loses in 3 minutes? WTF.

6. Samoa Joe beat Abyss in 4:50. Saw the whole match because I love Joe. I seriously love his work, and like Angle I don't miss many of his matches. But dude, him and Abyss could have put on a great match.

7. A.J. Styles beat Kurt Angle in what, 20 minutes. Great match, but I hated the interference and what's up with everything else going on during the match, Flair, Hogan talking afterward. You have AJ styles, the alternative to of all people, Sheamus, you are starting with the perfect champion and you can't fully focus on this match with the best wrestler in the world in Kurt Angle. I loved their match, I watched the end and was very pleased. But everything else just sucked.

What's wrong with TNA... IT'S NOT 1996, I don't care Sting is in the rafter. I don't want to see a blotted Scott Hall and a grey Kevin Nash, Orlando Jordan wasn't that great in WWE, why focus on him, Val Venus playing strip poker, so 1998, WTF, the Nasty Boys vs. the Dudley Boys, how am I suppose to care. I see people getting beat up, but where is this leading, MCMGs and Rhino... ok? Jarrett and Hogan was cool, the last time they were in a WCW ring it was a worked shoot so you have some history, but honestly why was that not mentioned. You could have had Hogan telling Jarrett it's his show now and mentioned the night Jarrett laid down for him. All I have to say though is a Maryse match lasted longer than the TNA Woman's title match, a match that the belt changed hands. Case close.

All I said was that I didn't care about what happened with Orton and Kofi. I wasn't comparing shows. I never even said Nitro was better (yes I know I called it Nitro). I simply no interest in anything the WWE does these days and every time I tune in to give them another chance they give me another reason to walk away. The last time I tuned in with interest it was during the Legacy vs McMahon feud where Vince got kicked and my friend told me this angle is solid and will not disappoint. So I watch a full Raw and notice they're really hyping up these guys and making them seem legit. Later that night Shane McMahon beats the shit out of all three of them. Last full Raw I ever watched. So excuse if I can't get into them vs a Jamaican stereotype.

Now they sign Bret Hart and while I think he's completely lost his integrity I say well they can't screw this up. There's 100 ways to book this angle and 99 of them will lead to great success, but just like the Invasion angle, they find the 1 way to ruin it all the first night.

Here's the real difference in the companies; I think TNA will screw it up. I know WWE will screw it up. So I'll watch what I'm not sure of.