Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274656 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #4965 on: January 06, 2010, 12:08:02 PM »

Here's the funny part, Raw had more "wrestling" on it that TNA. TNA had nothing more than 2 matches all night. Here's a recap of all the "wrestling" TNA had. Times from Lordsofpain.net.

1. The Steel Asylum match ended in a no-contest in 4:30. A gimmick match only went 5 minutes long and ended in a no-contest... WTF

2. ODB defeated Tara in 2:40. I was watching the Maryse match, changed the channel and caught the beginning of this match and said I'll watch this one instead. Once it was over, I changed back and the Maryse match was still going on. Don't tell me two highly accomplished wrestlers got out worked by Maryse? PLEASE

3. Awesome Kong and Hamada defeated Sarita and Taylor Wilde in 9:40. Can't complain, didn't watch the whole match, but did see the end and was really interested in it. Until the main event, the only true wrestling I saw.

4. Matt Morgan and Hermandez defeated Raven and Dr. Stevie in 0:30. I honestly thought I missed most this match. I changed back, Raven tagged in Stevie, Stevie gets kicked by Matt Morgan, Raven trips and that's the match. I thought I missed something until I read the results. WOW.

5. D'Angelo Dinero defeated Desmond Wolfe in 2:40. Ok seriously, wasn't Wolfe fighting Angle last month, and he loses in 3 minutes? WTF.

6. Samoa Joe beat Abyss in 4:50. Saw the whole match because I love Joe. I seriously love his work, and like Angle I don't miss many of his matches. But dude, him and Abyss could have put on a great match.

7. A.J. Styles beat Kurt Angle in what, 20 minutes. Great match, but I hated the interference and what's up with everything else going on during the match, Flair, Hogan talking afterward. You have AJ styles, the alternative to of all people, Sheamus, you are starting with the perfect champion and you can't fully focus on this match with the best wrestler in the world in Kurt Angle. I loved their match, I watched the end and was very pleased. But everything else just sucked.

What's wrong with TNA... IT'S NOT 1996, I don't care Sting is in the rafter. I don't want to see a blotted Scott Hall and a grey Kevin Nash, Orlando Jordan wasn't that great in WWE, why focus on him, Val Venus playing strip poker, so 1998, WTF, the Nasty Boys vs. the Dudley Boys, how am I suppose to care. I see people getting beat up, but where is this leading, MCMGs and Rhino... ok? Jarrett and Hogan was cool, the last time they were in a WCW ring it was a worked shoot so you have some history, but honestly why was that not mentioned. You could have had Hogan telling Jarrett it's his show now and mentioned the night Jarrett laid down for him. All I have to say though is a Maryse match lasted longer than the TNA Woman's title match, a match that the belt changed hands. Case close.

All I said was that I didn't care about what happened with Orton and Kofi. I wasn't comparing shows. I never even said Nitro was better (yes I know I called it Nitro). I simply no interest in anything the WWE does these days and every time I tune in to give them another chance they give me another reason to walk away. The last time I tuned in with interest it was during the Legacy vs McMahon feud where Vince got kicked and my friend told me this angle is solid and will not disappoint. So I watch a full Raw and notice they're really hyping up these guys and making them seem legit. Later that night Shane McMahon beats the shit out of all three of them. Last full Raw I ever watched. So excuse if I can't get into them vs a Jamaican stereotype.

Now they sign Bret Hart and while I think he's completely lost his integrity I say well they can't screw this up. There's 100 ways to book this angle and 99 of them will lead to great success, but just like the Invasion angle, they find the 1 way to ruin it all the first night.

Here's the real difference in the companies; I think TNA will screw it up. I know WWE will screw it up. So I'll watch what I'm not sure of.

so what are you looking for. NWA of 1988 in 2010? The Monday Night Wars changed the game. You can have hope for TNA, but I'm just pointing out Maryse of all people out worked Tara and ODB.... and I love ODB. I use to watch her at 1st Ave in Minneapolis once a month. She is great, but man you can't have a Maryse match out last two great women wrestlers.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4966 on: January 06, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »

so what are you looking for. NWA of 1988 in 2010? The Monday Night Wars changed the game. You can have hope for TNA, but I'm just pointing out Maryse of all people out worked Tara and ODB.... and I love ODB. I use to watch her at 1st Ave in Minneapolis once a month. She is great, but man you can't have a Maryse match out last two great women wrestlers.

I don't know who Maryse, Tara or ODB are. The 1988 NWA in 2010 would be awesome, but that's not what TNA is giving me. TNA is giving me 1998 Thunder in 2010, and it'll probably be a train wreck. If it's not then I get a good product. If it is then I get a good train wreck, which I also love. There are three types of films in Hollywood; good films like the late 80s NWA, so bad it's good films like the late 90s WCW, and bad films like the late 2000s WWE. I can watch Godfather or Roadhouse no problem. But Jennifer's Body, I cannot watch.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4967 on: January 08, 2010, 11:15:39 PM »
tna fucked up, imo, by taping their next impact 10 days before it airs.  they shoulda aired the latest taping this past thursday or waited till monday the 11th to tape em. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4968 on: January 10, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »

I don't know who Maryse, Tara or ODB are. The 1988 NWA in 2010 would be awesome, but that's not what TNA is giving me. TNA is giving me 1998 Thunder in 2010, and it'll probably be a train wreck. If it's not then I get a good product. If it is then I get a good train wreck, which I also love. There are three types of films in Hollywood; good films like the late 80s NWA, so bad it's good films like the late 90s WCW, and bad films like the late 2000s WWE. I can watch Godfather or Roadhouse no problem. But Jennifer's Body, I cannot watch.

See... I prefer Smackdown 2002-2004. Best wrestling show era of the decade.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4969 on: January 11, 2010, 12:04:25 AM »
tna fucked up, imo, by taping their next impact 10 days before it airs.  they shoulda aired the latest taping this past thursday or waited till monday the 11th to tape em. 

They blew their momentum, no fellatio.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4970 on: January 11, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »

My too favorite eras in wrestling were the late 80s asa kid when one show had the Mega Powers and the other had Fair/Steamboat. And the mid 90s when one show had the Canada/USA angle and the other had nWo. o2/04 Smackdown with Brock and Angle leading the charge was good and all but nowhere close to those two in my mind.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4971 on: January 11, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »

My too favorite eras in wrestling were the late 80s asa kid when one show had the Mega Powers and the other had Fair/Steamboat. And the mid 90s when one show had the Canada/USA angle and the other had nWo. o2/04 Smackdown with Brock and Angle leading the charge was good and all but nowhere close to those two in my mind.

The Mega Power vs. Flair/Savage era was great, and so was the depths of the Monday Night Wars. I think every decade has that golden era that everyone will remember. I think that though it wasn't as great in most fans minds right now, the Angle/Lesner era of Smackdown was by far the best era of this decade. Nothing Raw or TNA has done anything close to it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4972 on: January 11, 2010, 11:57:25 PM »
Wow Raw sucked tonight.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #4973 on: January 12, 2010, 04:48:55 AM »
Wow Raw sucked tonight.

I fell asleep till the main event...wish I would've napped through that as well lol.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4974 on: January 12, 2010, 05:58:03 AM »
Wow Raw sucked tonight.
Damn I'm trying to give WWE a fair chance here but everytime I chceck it out the product sucks. I was literally falling asleep watching RAW with Bret.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4975 on: January 12, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »
funny thing is Raw's rating went up to 3.7 this week (3.6 last week).
I'm guessing a lot of people were either hoping to see Tyson fight, or though Bret Hart was going to appear.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4976 on: January 12, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »
funny thing is Raw's rating went up to 3.7 this week (3.6 last week).
I'm guessing a lot of people were either hoping to see Tyson fight, or though Bret Hart was going to appear.

the potential for Hart and Tyson on the same show would get most people to watch. Side note though, I thought it was boring, but my friend went and thought it was great. So who knows. His a Smark too, so I was kind of surprised to hear he liked the show. Oh well.

ThaChamp

« Reply #4977 on: January 12, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
can anyone give a brief summary on what happened?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4978 on: January 12, 2010, 08:53:52 PM »
can anyone give a brief summary on what happened?

i didnt watch it but ill take a shot, someone tell me if im right.

they introduce tyson and then y2j comes out to bitch.  or bitches in some way to tyson.

dx promotes the new action figures line.  hhh takes hornswaggle and does something stupid with him.

shamus comes out and blinds everyone.  cena comes out and over acts in his promo.  cena promises to get the title back.

micheal cole says something stupid.

a couple of fine ass women pretend like they can wrestle. 

randy orton and the legacy have some words, then kiss and make up 'fore the night is over.

am i warm or cold?

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4979 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:49 PM »
warm lol

Orton vs. Cena vs. Kofi in a #1 contenders match...Orton won after legacy interefered. He faces the Lucky Charms Mascot Sheamus at Royal Rumble

DX vs. Tyson and Y2J...tyson made it seem like he was friends with Y2J, but turned on him and knocked him out...then they this whole DX celebration with Tyson, his son, Hornswoggle, HBK, and HHH.

Alicia Fox beat Kelly Kelly.

Santino beat Swagger in an over the top challenge.

Vince banned Bret Hart from the WWE.

Miz and MVP did some promos I think but I was asleep there. And some other stuff probably happened but I was snoozing lol.