Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282169 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #4995 on: January 17, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
Not sure how Styles will do as a heel, or how much heel heat Ric Flair can get anymore (people love him too much), but I'll still be watching to see the Nature Boy on the mic.

he was a heel before, I didn't think it suited him because his gimmick was shitty at the time.
I think it'll be better this time around.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4996 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »
Not sure how Styles will do as a heel, or how much heel heat Ric Flair can get anymore (people love him too much), but I'll still be watching to see the Nature Boy on the mic.

he was a heel before, I didn't think it suited him because his gimmick was shitty at the time.

I think it could make for good TV, but for money I don't see how you can get heat as a heel with Flair in your corner. Maybe they'll pull it off but I question whether they can get the crowd behind Angle and against Styles with Flair. I think it would have been easier if Angle was the heel and Flair and Styles the faces.

The story in my head would be Flair comes in as Angle's manager, even brings his younger son with him who was a great amateur in high school. Flair helps Angle beat Styles in a loser leaves he company match, and Angle is champ and Styles is gone. A few months down the line Angle turns on Flair for almost costing him a match. He attacks Ric in the ring and even beats down on Reid making Ric watch as Angle goes to break the kid's ankle with some modified ankle lock. Styles runs in from the crowd and saves them both. Flair grateful to Styles vows to get him back into TNA, succeeds and tells him to beat Angle he'll have to learn to fight dirty and recognize a dirty fighter the caliber of Angle. So Flair trains him, (of course the Monday Impact victory over Angle should not have happened for this to work, but since it's all fantasy booking who cares). This all leads to whatever TNA's main PPV is where Angle loses to Styles, not because Styles fights dirty but because all the training he did with Flair made him a great wrestler against a dirty player. That would be the story of the match anyway. In the end Angle loses because Styles takes advantage of the fact Angle will do anything to get the upper hand. So something along the lines of a chair or something being in the ring and Styles acting like he's attempting to grab it but Angle goes for it first, Styles knowing this fakes going after it and instead lets Angle reach for it only for Styles to olympic slam Angle right on the chair for the win, and the title, and the first victory over Angle. So Styles wins the belt by using Angle's game against him, symbolized even further by using Angle's move to win the match, but never sinking to Angle's level to do it.

That's what I would have liked to see anyway.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4997 on: January 17, 2010, 10:22:56 PM »

I think it could make for good TV, but for money I don't see how you can get heat as a heel with Flair in your corner. Maybe they'll pull it off but I question whether they can get the crowd behind Angle and against Styles with Flair. I think it would have been easier if Angle was the heel and Flair and Styles the faces.

The story in my head would be Flair comes in as Angle's manager, even brings his younger son with him who was a great amateur in high school. Flair helps Angle beat Styles in a loser leaves he company match, and Angle is champ and Styles is gone. A few months down the line Angle turns on Flair for almost costing him a match. He attacks Ric in the ring and even beats down on Reid making Ric watch as Angle goes to break the kid's ankle with some modified ankle lock. Styles runs in from the crowd and saves them both. Flair grateful to Styles vows to get him back into TNA, succeeds and tells him to beat Angle he'll have to learn to fight dirty and recognize a dirty fighter the caliber of Angle. So Flair trains him, (of course the Monday Impact victory over Angle should not have happened for this to work, but since it's all fantasy booking who cares). This all leads to whatever TNA's main PPV is where Angle loses to Styles, not because Styles fights dirty but because all the training he did with Flair made him a great wrestler against a dirty player. That would be the story of the match anyway. In the end Angle loses because Styles takes advantage of the fact Angle will do anything to get the upper hand. So something along the lines of a chair or something being in the ring and Styles acting like he's attempting to grab it but Angle goes for it first, Styles knowing this fakes going after it and instead lets Angle reach for it only for Styles to olympic slam Angle right on the chair for the win, and the title, and the first victory over Angle. So Styles wins the belt by using Angle's game against him, symbolized even further by using Angle's move to win the match, but never sinking to Angle's level to do it.

I wish the writers and promotors could book something like that, but that seems too complex for most of the writers in rasslin'......actually though, it is something that Bischoff would do. When Bischoff was in charge of WCW, he did a great job building feuds like the Sting vs. Hogan feud for months and even years. His only problem was that the payoff never turned out in a rewarding manner for the fans.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4998 on: January 17, 2010, 10:31:32 PM »
the most activity this thread has seen in a minute and i cant even read any of it cause i havent seen genesis.  lol  :(

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4999 on: January 17, 2010, 10:59:01 PM »

I wish the writers and promotors could book something like that, but that seems too complex for most of the writers in rasslin'......actually though, it is something that Bischoff would do. When Bischoff was in charge of WCW, he did a great job building feuds like the Sting vs. Hogan feud for months and even years. His only problem was that the payoff never turned out in a rewarding manner for the fans.

I thought of it as I was typing my first paragraph. I'm not that smart. If I can think of it out of nowhere, so can any booker at TNA. The problem is choosing to dedicate that much time and effort into building Styles and Angle. It's all politics.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5000 on: January 18, 2010, 04:17:54 PM »
I'm happy they got rid of that goofy 6-sided ring. I never liked it or saw the purpose in it. A 4 sided ring has always been better.

So far, this has been a decent PPV. TNA definitely has the talent, they just need the right direction. So far, so good.

And the Wolfe vs. Dinero match actually told a story  :o

goofy?  how is it goofy?  its different and there was no real reason to change it.  the fans let their opinions be heard "WE WANT SIX SIDES!!"

im with em.  i dont like the new ring at all. 

WE WANT SIX SIDES!!!!!!!!!!

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5001 on: January 18, 2010, 06:45:38 PM »
I'm happy they got rid of that goofy 6-sided ring. I never liked it or saw the purpose in it. A 4 sided ring has always been better.

So far, this has been a decent PPV. TNA definitely has the talent, they just need the right direction. So far, so good.

goofy?  how is it goofy?  its different and there was no real reason to change it.  the fans let their opinions be heard "WE WANT SIX SIDES!!"

You make your company different by creating a better and more entertaining product, not adding an extra 2 sides to the ring in my opinion. Jarrett didn't know how to do that, which is why TNA was complete trash 6 moths ago, so he had to bring out the gimmick ring just to stand out.

If they build new stars like they seem to be doing with Amazing Red, AJ, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Kennedy, etc. then they might have a chance. I just hope they keep the Nasty Boys and Val Venis's to a minimum.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5002 on: January 18, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »
the ring didnt make TNA or anything, it was just something different.  i dont see the need to change it.  its just change for the sake of change....and when you grow to like the hexagon the squared circle just doesnt look right in tna. 

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5003 on: January 18, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »

You make your company different by creating a better and more entertaining product, not adding an extra 2 sides to the ring in my opinion. Jarrett didn't know how to do that, which is why TNA was complete trash 6 moths ago, so he had to bring out the gimmick ring just to stand out.

If they build new stars like they seem to be doing with Amazing Red, AJ, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Kennedy, etc. then they might have a chance. I just hope they keep the Nasty Boys and Val Venis's to a minimum.

you're not going to like the Nasty Boys portion of Impact this week lol.

on another note, making Daniels job to Morley/Venis was terrible. Daniels is underrated.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5004 on: January 18, 2010, 07:16:03 PM »

on another note, making Daniels job to Morley/Venis was terrible. Daniels is underrated.

yeah, that was a stupid booking move.  same thing with the debut of young bucks/ generation me.  it knocks down the 'value' of daniels and MCMG for no reason. 

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5005 on: January 18, 2010, 08:34:14 PM »
lol at the Ric Flair spoof tonight.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5006 on: January 18, 2010, 10:37:43 PM »

And the Wolfe vs. Dinero match actually told a story  :o

goofy?  how is it goofy?  its different and there was no real reason to change it.  the fans let their opinions be heard "WE WANT SIX SIDES!!"

im with em.  i dont like the new ring at all.  

yeah, that was a stupid booking move.  same thing with the debut of young bucks/ generation me.  it knocks down the 'value' of daniels and MCMG for no reason.  
I saw Young Bucks live and they were insane.

And Raw was terrible. One of the worst in awhile.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ThaChamp

« Reply #5007 on: January 18, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
how did Scott hall and kevin nash do?

Hall didn't wrestle...they used Sean Waltman/X-Pac/1-2-3 Kid/Syxx/Syxx-Pac or whatever name he'll be going by in TNA.
wasn't a bad match or anything though. Beer Money is a wicked tag team.

why didnt he wrestle? he no showed again?

and who won?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5008 on: January 18, 2010, 10:43:34 PM »

And the Wolfe vs. Dinero match actually told a story  :o

goofy?  how is it goofy?  its different and there was no real reason to change it.  the fans let their opinions be heard "WE WANT SIX SIDES!!"

im with em.  i dont like the new ring at all.  

yeah, that was a stupid booking move.  same thing with the debut of young bucks/ generation me.  it knocks down the 'value' of daniels and MCMG for no reason.  
I saw Young Bucks live and they were insane.

you think so? i was too busy watching Haiti news and the Laker game.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5009 on: January 18, 2010, 10:50:56 PM »

you think so? i was too busy watching Haiti news and the Laker game.
[/quote]I'm sure that was more entertaining.....the Laker game of course.

THA SAUCE HOUSE