Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274647 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5085 on: February 10, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
i hope they dont do that and make Shawn realize he is a fuckin baby and people dont always get their  way
It would be a good lesson for all the kids watching now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5086 on: February 10, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »
I'm not sure how married to his WM legacy Taker is with regards to ever losing to an up and comer, but I'm pretty sure he'll die before he loses so HBK or HHH can add to their legacy.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5087 on: February 10, 2010, 06:21:02 PM »
Is it me, or does this WWE NXT thing sounding a lot like The Ultimate Fighter?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5088 on: February 10, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »
Yeah I thought this was gonna be another B show like ECW but concentrating more on the up & comers. If its gonna be another "The Ultimate Fighter" I don't think it will last that long. It doesn't sound too promising.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5089 on: February 10, 2010, 08:33:05 PM »
Yeah I thought this was gonna be another B show like ECW but concentrating more on the up & comers. If its gonna be another "The Ultimate Fighter" I don't think it will last that long. It doesn't sound too promising.

I'd be interested in it if they do it kaye fabe. I hate it when they work/shoot stuff in the same universe. It's stupid. You don't see Chuck Norris switch the stunt man in the film so I don't want to see the same show talking about ring psychology and winning a match at the same time.

If they treat this like a documentary style drama mixed with wrestling on the "indy circuit" I'd check it out for sure.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5090 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:54 PM »
This could definitely be a good way to build up new talent and get the fans familiar with them. If I were in charge of this, I would make the show kind of like an extended vignette and showcase the abilities and background of the talent. That way when they debut on one of the two major brands, they will be rolling full steam ahead.

Knowing WWE and SyFy though, they will find some way to fuck it up and add zombies to the mix or something.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5091 on: February 10, 2010, 10:37:24 PM »

Knowing WWE and SyFy though, they will find some way to fuck it up and add zombies to the mix or something.

They already did. His name is Mark Calaway and he debuted as a giant zombie named Cain who was also an undertaker. He could not be hurt or feel pain, and he would go on to bury some of his victims.

I thought it was stupid when I was 8 and I think it's stupid now.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5092 on: February 10, 2010, 11:00:19 PM »

They already did. His name is Mark Calaway and he debuted as a giant zombie named Cain who was also an undertaker. He could not be hurt or feel pain, and he would go on to bury some of his victims.

One of the most legendary gimmicks ever. It's still over and it made Calaway a legend. That's not stupid, it might have been lucky, but not stupid.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5093 on: February 10, 2010, 11:51:44 PM »

As a kid I loved it personally. I don't care for the whole Undertaker gimmick because it is beyond worn out. Didn't care for the biker Taker either.

The Lord of Darkness Taker will always go down as one of my all-time favorites in the Attitude era though.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5094 on: February 11, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »
I can accept that the gimmick got over. I just never liked it. My favorite wrestling has always been grounded in reality. I can barely stand the Flair Flop these days so no way am I going to care about a second rate b horror movie character in the ring.

Just give me two guys fighting each other for a chance to get closer being the best and I'll be happy.

I always wondered how a season style promotion would go over. 5 categories; Heavyweight Men's division, Cruiser Weight Division, Heavyweight Tag Team, Cruiser Weight Tag Team, and Woman's Division. Each entry has one match a week and then enter a playoff style tournament after a 30 week schedule. No best of 7 or anything, just one match and winner goes on. Then the major event of the year is the Championship which consists of 5 matches, one winner for each category. The whole thing lasts maybe 3/4 of a year, the wrestlers get their break and then the season restarts.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5095 on: February 11, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »
It looks like Survivor Series is no more:

Vince McMahon stated during this morning's WWE conference call that the WWE Survivor Series title is "obsolete." He added that the title has "outlasted its usage" and that they do not intend on using the name going forward.

"We think that Survivor Series is obsolete, as far as that title is concerned," McMahon said. It was something that worked many, many years ago, in terms of a creative standpoint, various teams competing. That really is not advantageous as the consumer now looks as what actually they are buying. And it's such a broad ... Survivor Series yes, many years ago, was one of the original four pay-per-views, but it's outlasted its usage and it is one of the things in terms of rebranding, this year and going forward, that will be rebranded. No longer will we have that title, Survivor Series."

While WWE's new gimmick-themed pay-per-view events out-performed their 2008 counterparts, last year's Survivor Series took a sharp hit as the show drew 235,000 buys, down 26% from 2008 (319,000).

In a survey sent out to the WWE Universe this morning, WWE asks fans what their level of interest is in the following potential PPV event themes:

Tournament Event: Single elimination "bracket style" tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the tournament winner.

Street Fight Event: Main events would include"street fight" matches where there are no disqualifications and pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in normal street clothes.

Legends Event: Match participants would include WWE Legends from the past.

Money in the Bank Event: The main event "Money in the Bank" match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can "cash in" the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the "Money in the Bank" match.

WWE Draft Event: WWE's annual Draft where Superstars and Divas learn which brand they'll be a part of for the next year. The Draft is often the beginning of new conflicts and matchups.

Battle Bowl Event: Random tag-teams compete together - sometimes arch rivals - with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially receive a championship title match.

Roulette Event: Main event match stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette-type wheel.

War Games Event: Teams of 5 collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.)

Source: ewrestlingnews.com

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #5096 on: February 11, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »
I'm down for the tournament or war games.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5097 on: February 11, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »

I'm always down for War Games but isn't a tourney just another King of the Ring? They still have King of the Ring right?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5098 on: February 12, 2010, 02:40:20 AM »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5099 on: February 12, 2010, 07:07:10 AM »

I'm always down for War Games but isn't a tourney just another King of the Ring? They still have King of the Ring right?

King of the Ring died a few years ago. I went to the website and voted War Games and King of the Ring as what I feel they MUST have. Some War Games would be nice, and a King of the Ring SHOULD be brought back.