Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282239 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5280 on: March 09, 2010, 01:47:01 PM »
i miss the hexagon, too, but the ring wont make or break tna, so its w/e. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5281 on: March 09, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
What an awesome show TNA put on.

i thought it was very good.  the daniels vs kaz vs williams was excellent.  i lold every time they pushed williams outside the ring so daniels and kaz could put on a classic x-division match.  LOL

i just wish they would have done RVDs debut a lil bit different.  hardys run in was cool too, i just wish they woulda stayed on the air a bit longer so we could see him kick more ass.  :bandit:

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5282 on: March 09, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »
That was a big mistake they made with RVD. Why would you bring a huge star in only to have him destroyed? Oh, and destroyed by the one star you have that fans love no matter what.

We'll see if they can spin it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

JohnnyL

« Reply #5283 on: March 09, 2010, 03:10:58 PM »
0.o theyve had the four sided ring since like mid january.  lol

Lol. Damn.  Really?  I just noticed.  I agree that the ring won't make or break the company.  It's absence obviously hasn't affected me much.  But I did always kind of like it.  I wonder what their reasoning was for doing away with it. 

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5284 on: March 09, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »
ratings are in..

raw: 3.4
impact: 1.0  :-\

JohnnyL

« Reply #5285 on: March 09, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »
ratings are in..

raw: 3.4
impact: 1.0  :-\

Well, I didn't figure they'd beat "Raw," but is that at least a good rating for "Impact," ?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5286 on: March 09, 2010, 03:50:32 PM »
nope, and its part of a concerning trend, if youre tna.

on jan 4 tna got its highest ratings ever, 1.9 i think.  after that the ratings have been on a downhill slope, with last nights being the lowest since jan 4. 

1.0 was the normal rating before the hogan era. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5287 on: March 09, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »
The show was cool, but don't ever headline Flair vs. Hogan in the 2000's. No one wants to see it, they can't draw flies to shit fighting each other now. TNA needs to push their younger stars. I'd push Hardy now, but mainly Styles, Daniels, Ken Anderson. Please TNA, no more Hogan/Flair matches.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5288 on: March 09, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »
Thats Ego right there and yeah they need to push those young guys with new ideas, new crews. I cant stand seeing Nask, Hall and Xpac.. specialy Nash ohh man.

JohnnyL

« Reply #5289 on: March 09, 2010, 04:36:29 PM »
nope, and its part of a concerning trend, if youre tna.

on jan 4 tna got its highest ratings ever, 1.9 i think.  after that the ratings have been on a downhill slope, with last nights being the lowest since jan 4. 

1.0 was the normal rating before the hogan era. 

Damn.  That's too bad.  I'm not overly concerned that they didn't beat "RAW," but if they don't at least pull a rating that's typical of what they usually get, that is cause for concern.  My guess is that they'll at least give them a few weeks in the spot to see if things pick up.  My opinion is that overall, Monday's show was good.  But I have to agree with M Dogg that it was probably a mistake to make Hogan vs. Flair the main event.  I've got a lot of respect for what those guys have accomplished over the years.  But they're both well past their prime's.  Even with A.J. Styles' participation, there's only so much they were going to be able to do with that card.  Besides that, and the misstep with RVD, it was a good show.  Hopefully, they get the RVD/Sting feud back on track next week.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5290 on: March 09, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
The show was cool, but don't ever headline Flair vs. Hogan in the 2000's. No one wants to see it, they can't draw flies to shit fighting each other now. TNA needs to push their younger stars. I'd push Hardy now, but mainly Styles, Daniels, Ken Anderson. Please TNA, no more Hogan/Flair matches.
Yup! Hardy is their biggest star on the roster right now and they haven't even put him in a single match yet! He's not even in a damn feud? On top of that, they just squashed their recent big acquisition and turned their biggest face into a heel.

It was still a good show, don't get me wrong, but TNA doesn't need "good" they need EXCELLENT TV right now.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5291 on: March 09, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »
supposedly the main event for next week is:

RVD and Jeff Hardy vs AJ Styles and Desmond Wolfe.  

that right there is worthy of being a main event.  :bandit:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5292 on: March 09, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »
Thats Ego right there and yeah they need to push those young guys with new ideas, new crews. I cant stand seeing Nask, Hall and Xpac.. specialy Nash ohh man.

I was think that too. Actually Waltman I don't mind, he can still do really well in the ring, and his not so old, his old for a Cruiserweight, but his not the oldest guy in the bunch. I'd actually like to see him get one more run in the WWE as a member of DX, and if the WWE ever gets the Cruiserweight title, I'd give him one more run. But Nash and Hall are PAINFUL to watch. I have no interest in them what so ever, and I use to be a HUGE Hall and Nash mark. But at least they aren't main eventing. I hope TNA learns a lesson. We love to see Hogan run the show, we love to see Flair work with the talent. These are things we can live with and in fact enjoy. BUT please no more Hogan/Flair. Well at least this much is true, we can say that now looking back, but before the show it was looking real promising. I'd promote another Style/Angle match, those seem to be big draws, both put on great matches, and this will put Styles over someone that the mainstream who hasn't heard of TNA will consider a creditable challenger.

Related side note that I think would help ratings... WHERE THE HELL IS SAMOA JOE?

Sikotic™

« Reply #5293 on: March 09, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »
supposedly the main event for next week is:

RVD and Jeff Hardy vs AJ Styles and Desmond Wolfe.  

that right there is worthy of being a main event.  :bandit:
SHould be good until the dinosaurs Hogan, Flair and Sting get involved.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5294 on: March 09, 2010, 05:05:27 PM »

Related side note that I think would help ratings... WHERE THE HELL IS SAMOA JOE?

ive been wondering the same shit my dude.  i hope where ever theyre going with this that it turns out well.  joe even stopped using his twitter for this storyline.  lol

i wonder who abducted joe....hmmmmm