Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282181 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5310 on: March 15, 2010, 07:35:17 PM »
lmao

eric bischoff got owned. lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5311 on: March 16, 2010, 01:06:47 AM »
3D vs the Nasty boys on tna.

lol

come on!!  half an hour in...i hope it gets better!!!!
I switched to Raw and didn't go back to TNA once after that. Nobody wants to see the fuckin Nasty Boys. Nobody.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5312 on: March 16, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »
wtf is Tna thinking? Switching to Mondays and let alone during Wrestlemania. I think this has a chance to be one of the greatest ever...I love all the fresh matches and that HHH isnt in the main event ( i love HHH, but give someone else a chance, even tho Cena is in the title for the 6th year in a row, lame) Edge and Jericho is gonna be classic and the MITB should be good although weak in superstars, the only 2 with a legit shot are Christian(I really Hope he wins) and Drew Mcintyre (most likely he will win) But we still have Shelton Benjamin so who is the most underused guy on the roster so athletic and always puts on a show in MITB every year, Matt Hardy, Ziggler, christian,mvp, so plenty of athletes..(wheres kofi kingston?) And i was hoping that Morrison would be in this but he isnt..Anyways So many good matches at Mania and Hbk Vs Taker speaks for its self. Have you seen the 2 promos? Geez..I cant wait for Mania!!!!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5313 on: March 16, 2010, 04:34:43 PM »
3D vs the Nasty boys on tna.

lol

come on!!  half an hour in...i hope it gets better!!!!
I switched to Raw and didn't go back to TNA once after that. Nobody wants to see the fuckin Nasty Boys. Nobody.

I hated Raw every time I switched to. While TNA is still very Thunder-esque. It has a certain charm that entertains me; Nasty Boys included.

JohnnyL

« Reply #5314 on: March 16, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »
 I switched the channel back and forth a couple times, but I have to admit I mostly watched RAW last night.  Was the Jeff Hard/A.J. Styles match on TNA pretty good?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #5315 on: March 16, 2010, 07:17:42 PM »
finished watching raw, pretty good episode....only cause it was full of main events.  haha

the AJ vs Hardy match was pretty good for the amount of time it was. 

also, the ratings for impact keep on slippin....below a 1.0 this week.  ouch.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5316 on: March 16, 2010, 07:55:50 PM »

So much for my predicted 1.3

I wish I had an answer for this. It was by no means a solid show that I thought deserved a high rating. They have no super over guys and no reason for good ratings. I think maybe it's time to get everyone over 40 off TV, except for Flair. I couldn't stand AJ's promos if he was out there by himself.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5317 on: March 16, 2010, 08:04:22 PM »
As I said, bring back Samoa Joe, and have AJ feud with Angle all over again, and hype it. Hype Angle like the greatest wrestler today, hype him to the moon to beat AJ, but have AJ get over Angle and then build a face to battle AJ. AJ is not a believable champion to most, you need to make him believable and you have Angle and Samoa Joe to do that.

JohnnyL

« Reply #5318 on: March 16, 2010, 08:23:44 PM »
 As long as Hogan's not wrestling matches, he's probably not hurting the show as just an on-air personality.  I actually kind of like the Hogan/Bischoff dynamic they have going on right now with Hogan kind of in the "good guy" general manager role and Bischoff in his usual "heel" general manager role.  But all the Hogan-Hanger's-On, on the other hand, like Bubba the Love Sponge, the Nasty Boys, and Jimmy Hart b.s. should be kept to a minimum.  That stuff might be alright in small doses, but when it starts eating up very much of the show's run time, they probably need to scale it back or pull the plug completely.
 I didn't get to see it, but I thought the Jeff Hardy/A.J. Style's match sounded like a good idea. I'm sure if given the chance those two could put on a hell of a match. I think TNA should scale back the backstage antics, as well.  I think people mostly watch TNA for the quality of the matches they put on.  I think they should focus on that and leave the soap opera shit to WWE.  I understand they have to have some kind of story, but maybe dial it back a bit.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5319 on: March 16, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »
As long as Hogan's not wrestling matches, he's probably not hurting the show as just an on-air personality.  I actually kind of like the Hogan/Bischoff dynamic they have going on right now with Hogan kind of in the "good guy" general manager role and Bischoff in his usual "heel" general manager role.  But all the Hogan-Hanger's-On, on the other hand, like Bubba the Love Sponge, the Nasty Boys, and Jimmy Hart b.s. should be kept to a minimum.  That stuff might be alright in small doses, but when it starts eating up very much of the show's run time, they probably need to scale it back or pull the plug completely.
 I didn't get to see it, but I thought the Jeff Hardy/A.J. Style's match sounded like a good idea. I'm sure if given the chance those two could put on a hell of a match. I think TNA should scale back the backstage antics, as well.  I think people mostly watch TNA for the quality of the matches they put on.  I think they should focus on that and leave the soap opera shit to WWE.  I understand they have to have some kind of story, but maybe dial it back a bit.

Actually, I forgot about Hardy on TNA. Though I still think that you have to build a Hardy/Styles match. It's actually a great match, but right now people outside of the IWC knows who Styles is. He needs to be rebuilt. Those who watch TNA know Styles, but most do not. You need to want people to care about him, and a face like Hardy you want to see beat him. TNA is just starting, but I would not go straight for title matches, but instead build these characters.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5320 on: March 16, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
As I said, bring back Samoa Joe, and have AJ feud with Angle all over again, and hype it. Hype Angle like the greatest wrestler today, hype him to the moon to beat AJ, but have AJ get over Angle and then build a face to battle AJ. AJ is not a believable champion to most, you need to make him believable and you have Angle and Samoa Joe to do that.

I think the best bet to bring in old and new fans in at the same time is to make Angle champ with RVD doing the long chase. The angle is pretty simple. One incredible athlete with all the dedication and work effort needed to be the best vs the best athlete in the world with no dedication or work ethic. Training vs raw talent. I'd bring back a bit of the stoner gimmick too. Someone told me TNA has a ranking system, but I've yet to see it. I say bring it in, make RVD the #10 contender and Angle the #1 contender, and start it right there. RVD questions in his laid back way why Angle gets to start at #1 while RVD is way back at #10. Angle says if RVD thinks he's so good then he'll wrestle him for the number #1 spot tonight. Angle beats RVD and as RVD is leaving the ring the loser, Angle berates him saying if he just trained a little and gave a damn about his career he'd have a shot at winning.

The idea is what ever spot guy you beat you get that spot and that guy drops a spot back with every one else moving one spot back. But if any higher ranked guy than you wants the match with the #1 spot guy he has dibs. So you can't even have a match with the #1 guy unless the #2 guy lets you cut in. Same goes for #8 with the #9 guy. And every time you lose a match to a higher ranked guy you drop a spot. I think you can build some nice heat this way with out having to bring in dead fathers and bastard children. A champ that loses his title falls two spots so the #2 guy becomes the #1 and the ex champ is #2. That way the losing champ has to beat the #1 for a rematch at the title.

So anyway, RVD loses and is out of the top 10 at number 11. Then since no one in the top ten will let him cut ahead of them he has to go through each of the top 10 contenders to gave the now champion Kurt Angle. And as RVD is going through the #1s that keep rotating, RVD is gong through the same guys, and beating them with greater ease than Angle. So when the big PPV finally happens you have footage of main events with Both Angle and RVD beating the same 10 guys or and a video piece comparing how each man defeated them.

So let's say the top 10 with Angle as Champ is;

Champion Angle

1 Jeff Hardy
2 AJ
3 Sting
4 Abyss
5 Jeff Jarret
6 Pope
7 Kevin Nash
8 Samoa Joe
9 Ken Anderson
10 Orlando Jordan
11 RVD

The order doesn't matter right now and wasn't thought out but RVD beats OJ as Angle beats Hardy, then RVD beats Anderson as Angle beats Sting. Then RVD beats Joe as Angle beats Abyss. RVD beats Nash as Angle beats Jarrett.

Now the top 5 is Hardy, Sting, Joe, Abyss, and AJ. RVD beats Pope for the 6 spot. I'd have the #1 at this point be an Angle ally who is letting guys outside the top 5 cut in line to get title shots while keeping the #1 spot by beating the #2s. For arguments sake let's say it's AJ. So as Angle beats the top 5 AJ stays at #1, letting guys cut since the champ has to defend once every 30 days to someone with in the top ten or lose the title and start at #30 for punishment. So now Angle goes through Pope, Nash, Jarret, Anderson and Jordan. While RVD goes through Hardy, Sting, Abyss, and finally AJ to get the #1 spot.

So the PPV before the big PPV is RVD beating AJ in the undercard and then sitting ringside as Angle faces OJ. Angle wins despite almost losing due to nerves and then Angle and RVD stare each other down as the credits roll. And your Final Destination main event is set up.

The main under card is a 4-way #1 contender match with AJ vs 3 guys he's been holding at bay.

Sorry for the long post and I don't expect many to read it or even care, but I think that right there is 10 months of a solid build to a great pay out with RVD beating Angle for the World's title in what would be a great 30 minute match.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5321 on: March 16, 2010, 10:28:09 PM »
I dunno, I think they need to have a 4 way feud, but no alliances.  I find when I tune it, I either see a new guys vs old guys feud, which is too stale, or a feud where only one is super star status, and it doesn't quite get u watching.

You need a good mix.. I like RVD giving the push right away.  I like Sting as a heel.  Hogan should NOT wrestle.  Flair should NOT wrestle.  Foley should NOT wrestle. I like Hardy getting pushed.  Styles is a lock.  Then you still have Samoa Joe and Angle to throw in there.

Haven't really been watching but are Jarrett and Raven still on TNA tv?  Or are they getting to old to wrestle?  They would be good in the mid-card level to bring up some of the younger talent, long feuds with real storyline needed though...

Also, what happened with Vampiro?  I loved that guy in WCW, thought he would be a steady big promotion champ.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5322 on: March 16, 2010, 10:56:42 PM »
^^Vampiro I think is signed with the Mexican promotion AAA.

Jeff Jarrett is still around; Raven was around, but I think he's gone now.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5323 on: March 17, 2010, 12:42:49 AM »
Not surprised with Impact's rating since Steve Austin was on RAW, I mean c'mon, that was a given. I hate what Styles is doing right now with his matches. Ever since he started fuckin with Flair his matches have gotten worse. He needs to stop fuckin with that "I'm a heel so I can't do cool moves anymore" mentality. Plus they already did a feud with Angle & AJ for the title, thats how AJ become a heel & they already showed with their match on the Jan 4th edition that he is a legit champion. Him walking with Ric just soldifies his status. Also about Angle he wasn't supposed to be getting any more title shots against Styles in 2010, that was the stipulation & I wouldn't want him  to feud with AJ AGAIN. They've done it like a million times & I'm glad that whole "Total Nonstop Angle" era is gone. Lets leave it behind us & let us enjoy him making other wrestlers legit contenders (Desmond Wolfe, Anderson).

Sikotic™

« Reply #5324 on: March 17, 2010, 01:31:18 AM »

So much for my predicted 1.3

I wish I had an answer for this. It was by no means a solid show that I thought deserved a high rating. They have no super over guys and no reason for good ratings. I think maybe it's time to get everyone over 40 off TV, except for Flair. I couldn't stand AJ's promos if he was out there by himself.
They will promote the hell out of the Hogan/Flair matches last week but fail to announce anything with Hardy and RVD, two of their biggest aquisitions (Hardy is arguably the biggest star in wrestling). That's a big mistake right there.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE