Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274735 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5340 on: March 20, 2010, 10:13:25 PM »
the WWF is running on Diesel Power

Please take that back. Please!

Can't, watch WWF 1994-1995.

I watched it religiously, but to say that it was running on Diesel Power would mean it would have made less money with out Diesel, and that is simply wrong. We're talking about a time when Diesel as champ was playing second fiddle to NFL Linebacker Lawrence Taylor who was main eventing Wrestlemania. Diesel Power wasn't running shit.

Most people sat 13 was the worst Mania but at least 13 had Hart/Austin. What did 11 have? A mid carder facing a non draw for the world title and it wasn't even that last match? C'mon.

Well you might be right, at the time Kevin Nash had a year long reign, and he was built, not saying he was but he was built, as the WWF's top man. The WWF took the title off him when it looked like he wasn't going to resign, and then they tried to have the Undertaker bury him at Wrestlemania 12, but when he showed up to WCW it got people talkiing. Him and Hall showing up had people talking about the WWF's biggest names in WCW, then once you turned Hogan heel it was over. But Nash was a big enough name in the WWF that it showed when people actually tuned in to see WCW because of him. Here's the thing, I have no problem saying that Kevin Nash in 1996 was more important to the WWF than anyone is to the WWE, except MAYBE Cena. Not saying I'm a Nash fan, I loved the Outsiders, not really a fan of Diesel, but Diesel was the biggest name in the New Generation for a year. Eventually McMahon got smart and put the title back on Bret.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5341 on: March 21, 2010, 02:59:34 AM »
I can't remember a singles Diesel/Kevin Nash match against someone that I ever really liked.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5342 on: March 21, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »
the WWF is running on Diesel Power

Please take that back. Please!

Can't, watch WWF 1994-1995.

I watched it religiously, but to say that it was running on Diesel Power would mean it would have made less money with out Diesel, and that is simply wrong. We're talking about a time when Diesel as champ was playing second fiddle to NFL Linebacker Lawrence Taylor who was main eventing Wrestlemania. Diesel Power wasn't running shit.

Most people sat 13 was the worst Mania but at least 13 had Hart/Austin. What did 11 have? A mid carder facing a non draw for the world title and it wasn't even that last match? C'mon.

Well you might be right, at the time Kevin Nash had a year long reign, and he was built, not saying he was but he was built, as the WWF's top man. The WWF took the title off him when it looked like he wasn't going to resign, and then they tried to have the Undertaker bury him at Wrestlemania 12, but when he showed up to WCW it got people talkiing. Him and Hall showing up had people talking about the WWF's biggest names in WCW, then once you turned Hogan heel it was over. But Nash was a big enough name in the WWF that it showed when people actually tuned in to see WCW because of him. Here's the thing, I have no problem saying that Kevin Nash in 1996 was more important to the WWF than anyone is to the WWE, except MAYBE Cena. Not saying I'm a Nash fan, I loved the Outsiders, not really a fan of Diesel, but Diesel was the biggest name in the New Generation for a year. Eventually McMahon got smart and put the title back on Bret.

I'm not denying he was as popular as anyone else in the company, then and now, and I'm not denying he was a huge factor inthe WCW turn around, but so was Hall.

What I am firmly saying is complete false is that the WWF ever needed Deisel to make money. It was during a time where Vince had lost his inspiration and he was just throwing stuff at the wall hoping it'd stick. Shortly before Deisel's reign Yokozuna had the belt for almost a year too.

In Deisel's and HBK's, and later HHH's case it was merely a case of the clique getting on Vince's good side and Vince thinking he can make anyone a star. None of these guys were ever real draws on their own. When the Outsiders fell apart Nash lost all appeal. HBK was always someone people loved to see but not came to see, and HHH is the most overrated non-draw champ of all time.

Anytime your champ is playing second fiddle to another match on the card he isn't that important to the company. In between Hogan and Austin the WWF had no one that was essential to the business. Some were better than others but each was easily replaced. They could have made just as much or more money feuding Flair and Piper until WM9. They could have built up Taker to win at WM10, or even Luger or Bulldog and made as much cash as they did with Bret. They could have easily made more money with Vader instead of HBK or Deisel. There was a few WCW guys they could have brought in to keep the money flowing, like Sting, kept Flair longer, or brought back Savage.

In my lifetime these are the only guys that either company needed to make the money they made

Hogan
Flair
Austin
Rock
Andre for WM3

to a lesser extent
Road Warriors
Dusty
80s Savage
Warrior for that one year
Goldberg for less than one year

Everyone else was replaceable and could have had another wrestler plugged into their push or feud. Except for Sting in Starrcade 97 alone.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5343 on: March 21, 2010, 05:01:25 PM »
Destination X starting soon.

I hope my laptop can hold up lol.

edit: anybody have a decent, stable link?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:41:56 PM by Mo Z. Dizzle »

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #5344 on: March 21, 2010, 05:51:53 PM »
Here you go Dizzle:
http://www.p2p4u.net/watch/14521/1/watch-tna-destination-x.html

The Ultimate X match between Gen Me and the Mahcine Guns is up right now. Should be match of the night.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #5345 on: March 21, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
Also, I was thinking: If anyone knows of really good streams that promise to show WM26 next Sunday, post up the links so we can have a number of streams to go to since WWE will be shutting that shit down like its a crack house.

Hall is back in his wrestling gear like in the old WCW days (no homo)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:09:19 PM by Sikotic »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #5346 on: March 21, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »
omfg

i shoulda seen that ending coming but i truly didnt.  haha  and LOL@ pac getting upset cause he couldnt find the spray paint.  "why the fuck they gotta hide it!?" lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5347 on: March 21, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »
lmfao they left the body outline there :D

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5348 on: March 21, 2010, 06:31:25 PM »
did Nash turn on EY?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #5349 on: March 21, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »
Most obvious outcome, but entertaining. Especially the spray paint thing.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5350 on: March 21, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »

Damn, I missed it lol. Darn links won't work for me.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5351 on: March 21, 2010, 06:51:57 PM »

i got tired of all the ustream and p2p links so i broke down and bought an elite membership @ wrestlingbay.  30 days of elite (hd ppv streams + their VOD) for 8 euros.  fuck it, destination x and wrestlemania for like 11 dollars american. 

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5352 on: March 21, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »

i got tired of all the ustream and p2p links so i broke down and bought an elite membership @ wrestlingbay.  30 days of elite (hd ppv streams + their VOD) for 8 euros.  fuck it, destination x and wrestlemania for like 11 dollars american. 

I might just go to the theatre and watch WM26 there if they still have it.
I really wanna catch it up judging by my computer situation, I don't think that'll happen with free links (plus WWE will shut em down lol).

Sikotic™

« Reply #5353 on: March 21, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!