Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274658 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5430 on: March 30, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »
raw was great for obvious reasons...'the end of an era'.  i wonder if hbk really truly meant what he said about not wrestling again. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5431 on: March 30, 2010, 11:46:39 PM »
Something shocking and disappointing will happen on Smackdown this Friday :'(
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5432 on: March 31, 2010, 12:05:21 AM »

does it...involve: a pig, vicky guererro, a fish and douche bag?

cause anything less would suck...including a huge upset victory for someone.....

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5433 on: March 31, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »

does it...involve: a pig, vicky guererro, a fish and douche bag?

cause anything less would suck...including a huge upset victory for someone.....
Well Vicky Guerrero looks like a pig, probably smells like a fish and because of that needs a douche bag.

But that's not a surprise...

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5434 on: March 31, 2010, 12:11:28 AM »
hmm...i wonder what the surprise is.   is it gonna be reveled that shawn micheals is vkm real son and is now taking over the company and all along shane was really just a stand in while shawn did his thang in the ring and now shane is gone and looking to work with ufc casue of all the shit i just typed?

but why would they do that on smackdown?

nvm.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5435 on: March 31, 2010, 04:56:36 AM »

It's all soo shocking I'm thinking it's an April's Fools joke.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5436 on: March 31, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »

One thing about the Michaels/Hart/Henning generation of wrestlers that was highly critical of the Hogan/Flair/Piper generation of not retiring and letting them shine. So I see no comeback in Michaels future, I can imagion he wants to take his millions and play with his kids well his body is still intact, and well he has some active years left. It was also nice to see his last match on the same card as Hart's last match, who also seems very happy about getting some closer and offically going out the way he wants. After all, his career was cut short by a Goldberg boot to the head the night he won the WCW title on Nitro. I expect to see Hart some more though, as rumor has it he'll guest ref a couple of matches and give the Hart Dynesty a rub to help boost their careers. Well that's just my reflation on a great Raw. Sorry I didn't watch Impact like everyone else, but Michaels leaving was a special moment to me.

Ok, I'll accept the HBK speech as being well delivered but I really could care less. He was given the world's chance to make money and he dropped the ball time after time. Some guys can draw, some can't. But because Vince liked him he kept getting chances and the business was hurt because of that.

Here's a guy that only got his first push because he sold out his partner and friend Janetty to Vince when they were about to jump ship to WCW for big contracts. Since then he's tried like the devil to keep his image up by continuously finding loopholes to get out of dropping a title clean. It got to the point where Taker had to threaten him before his match with Austin to ensure he didn't try anything funny in the WM14 match. He's been a lot better since his comeback, but even still he stood with HHH at the top of the card with their long boring feud outshining upcoming talent and new world champions for the first couple years.

He'll wrestle again. This is pro-wrestling. Retirement means nothing. He sort of retired already once before. Will he be back on a full time work schedule? Maybe not.

As for the trio of Hart/Hennig/HBK and how you blamed the old guard for not letting them shine. Give me a break. The old guard always tries to get in the way. The difference is a true draw will overcome it when given the chance and Hart and HBK were given the chance. They just couldn't draw. Hennig, like Scott Hall, hurt himself as much as anyone else did.

But going back to Bret and Raw the other night; I really didn't think he could get any lower but when he referenced his parents, Bulldog and Owen giving each other high 5s after he lay a beating on Vince I almost felt sick to my stomach. If he said that in Toronto he may have gotten booed. And I fully don't expect a huge reaction for him if he shows up on the next TO show. He's lost a respect from far less negative people than myself around here. Shame on Bret Hart.

Both he and HBK should be writing Steve Austen thank you notes every day for the rest of their lives, because if it wasn't for him, a real star and draw, the WWF would have went under or at least taken huge steps back, and Shawn and Bret wouldn't have had this stage to feed their own pride and gluttony in their come back years.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5437 on: March 31, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »

It's all soo shocking I'm thinking it's an April's Fools joke.

they've always tried different things that would crap over Smackdown, but it still produced a better show.
this surprise though takes the icing on the cake.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5438 on: March 31, 2010, 01:01:57 PM »

One thing about the Michaels/Hart/Henning generation of wrestlers that was highly critical of the Hogan/Flair/Piper generation of not retiring and letting them shine. So I see no comeback in Michaels future, I can imagion he wants to take his millions and play with his kids well his body is still intact, and well he has some active years left. It was also nice to see his last match on the same card as Hart's last match, who also seems very happy about getting some closer and offically going out the way he wants. After all, his career was cut short by a Goldberg boot to the head the night he won the WCW title on Nitro. I expect to see Hart some more though, as rumor has it he'll guest ref a couple of matches and give the Hart Dynesty a rub to help boost their careers. Well that's just my reflation on a great Raw. Sorry I didn't watch Impact like everyone else, but Michaels leaving was a special moment to me.

Ok, I'll accept the HBK speech as being well delivered but I really could care less. He was given the world's chance to make money and he dropped the ball time after time. Some guys can draw, some can't. But because Vince liked him he kept getting chances and the business was hurt because of that.

Here's a guy that only got his first push because he sold out his partner and friend Janetty to Vince when they were about to jump ship to WCW for big contracts. Since then he's tried like the devil to keep his image up by continuously finding loopholes to get out of dropping a title clean. It got to the point where Taker had to threaten him before his match with Austin to ensure he didn't try anything funny in the WM14 match. He's been a lot better since his comeback, but even still he stood with HHH at the top of the card with their long boring feud outshining upcoming talent and new world champions for the first couple years.

He'll wrestle again. This is pro-wrestling. Retirement means nothing. He sort of retired already once before. Will he be back on a full time work schedule? Maybe not.

As for the trio of Hart/Hennig/HBK and how you blamed the old guard for not letting them shine. Give me a break. The old guard always tries to get in the way. The difference is a true draw will overcome it when given the chance and Hart and HBK were given the chance. They just couldn't draw. Hennig, like Scott Hall, hurt himself as much as anyone else did.

But going back to Bret and Raw the other night; I really didn't think he could get any lower but when he referenced his parents, Bulldog and Owen giving each other high 5s after he lay a beating on Vince I almost felt sick to my stomach. If he said that in Toronto he may have gotten booed. And I fully don't expect a huge reaction for him if he shows up on the next TO show. He's lost a respect from far less negative people than myself around here. Shame on Bret Hart.

Both he and HBK should be writing Steve Austen thank you notes every day for the rest of their lives, because if it wasn't for him, a real star and draw, the WWF would have went under or at least taken huge steps back, and Shawn and Bret wouldn't have had this stage to feed their own pride and gluttony in their come back years.

HATER!!!!! u hate on wrestling too? LOL! Of course Shawn couldnt carry the company when he was on top, wcw was too strong..u make me sick how ur bashing HBK...SHOW SOME FUCKIN RESPECT TO THE GOAT

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5439 on: March 31, 2010, 01:03:59 PM »
WOW! I didnt see that coming for a while..This is what i hate about taped shows....But good to see WWE do something different for a change

The Best of 3 Worlds

Geesta

« Reply #5440 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38:35 PM »
wtf is gonna happen?

i gotta work friday night
 :(

Sikotic™

« Reply #5441 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »

LOL That's brutal.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5442 on: March 31, 2010, 02:27:27 PM »

HATER!!!!! u hate on wrestling too? LOL! Of course Shawn couldnt carry the company when he was on top, wcw was too strong..u make me sick how ur bashing HBK...SHOW SOME FUCKIN RESPECT TO THE GOAT

GOAT my ass. Goat requires drawing money. I'll never take away from his working abilities. Despite not not always long the WWF style of matches on his best day HBK is as good as anyone. But when I say he's not a draw I'm not hating. He got the title in March 96 but he was at the top of the card since January 95 when he won the rumble. No one cared that he was going for the belt then. It was too the point where Bam Bam and LT had to main event over Deisel and HBK.

Don't blame WCW for HBK not being able to carry the ball. The second Austin started being attached to HBK the buyrates doubled. That's ridiculous. They do a year long storyline with HBK chasing Bret and WM12 pulls in a 1.2 rating. When it was Austin main eventing his first Mania it was a 2.3 rating. HBK had no WCW competition at WM12. Hall and Nash were still with WWF and Nitro was still losing to Raw. Austin did it during the WCW dominance. He grabbed the ball and said hey everyone look at me, and they looked, and I hated Austin and his gimmick, but I know a star when I see one and HBK was never one.

As far as US wrestling there's Ric Flair 78-93 and then there's everyone else as far as GOATs go.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5443 on: March 31, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »

GOAT my ass. Goat requires drawing money. I'll never take away from his working abilities. Despite not not always long the WWF style of matches on his best day HBK is as good as anyone. But when I say he's not a draw I'm not hating. He got the title in March 96 but he was at the top of the card since January 95 when he won the rumble. No one cared that he was going for the belt then. It was too the point where Bam Bam and LT had to main event over Deisel and HBK.

Don't blame WCW for HBK not being able to carry the ball. The second Austin started being attached to HBK the buyrates doubled. That's ridiculous. They do a year long storyline with HBK chasing Bret and WM12 pulls in a 1.2 rating. When it was Austin main eventing his first Mania it was a 2.3 rating. HBK had no WCW competition at WM12. Hall and Nash were still with WWF and Nitro was still losing to Raw. Austin did it during the WCW dominance. He grabbed the ball and said hey everyone look at me, and they looked, and I hated Austin and his gimmick, but I know a star when I see one and HBK was never one.

As far as US wrestling there's Ric Flair 78-93 and then there's everyone else as far as GOATs go.

Okay, hold on. You are hating on Shawn Michaels hard. Get over it, the 90's are over. You don't have to be mad at the WWE no more. You are even mad at Bret for working with Vince. I mean I can see you now, each Impact wishing Hart would show up there instead. Get over it, let it go. You don't have to like WWE or Shawn Michaels, but at least respect one of the greatest in ring talents ever. You what is crazy too, Michaels would agree with you on many things. Yeah, Undertaker did have to check him to make sure he doesn't screw Austin out the title. Of course with a hurt back and Mike Tyson ring side, and the fact that Austin is a legit tough guy I'm not sure how well HBK would have done. But it's better to have the Undertaker check in before hand. Since his comeback, he put over so much talent. He put over Angle, he put over Orton, Jericho, Cena and a few others.

You talk about Austin, and well I'd agree, I'd point out this. When we had Wrestlemania 9, 10 and 11, Vince McMahon's image was trashed by the court case. WWF had lost viewers. Wrestlemania 8 had 62,000 people and it had a 2.8 buy rate. Wrestlemania 9 dropped to 2.3, 10 had 1.68, 11 had 1.3, and 12 had 1.2. These buy rates were pre-Outsider jump which shows people were not buying WWF. WCW signed Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, along with have Ric Flair and Sting and WCW was getting killed by this WWF line up. Wrestling as a whole was not getting viewers. The steroid trial turned many people off to wrestling and even having Hulk Hogan on the card saved Wrestlemania 9, Roddy Piper didn't save Wrestlemania 12, and LT could not save Wrestlemania 11. I'll even argue that the nWo was more important to saving wrestling as a whole than Austin. But in the WWF, Austin rise was also being built with a rivalry with DX and Shawn Michaels. After the screw job, Michaels had as much heat as McMahon himself, and Michaels could have been a top heel for those 4 years, drawning huge crowds. You forget how young he was, and that those 4 years he was 32-37 years old. That's a wrestlers prime, that's when they are at their best and Michaels never had those years. It saved him for later, and it helped his life, but in terms of being a draw, Michaels never had that chance.

Geesta

« Reply #5444 on: April 01, 2010, 01:14:52 AM »
yall are aguing like a bunch of pussies...

HBK i hate the guy... i fuckin hated his guts growing up cus i actually had the opportunity to meet Bret Hart, Goldust (Dusty Rhodes) and his wife, Brian Pillman, British Bulldogg and Lex Luger... they were the coolest guys ive ever met growing up at like age 7

HBK i never met the guy and i grew up hating him cus he had shit with Bret
i hated Owen too
when Owen died i appreciated him so much as a wrestler and a great heel... i think the only heel that could match up to him besides Flair and NWO is Y2J

HBK i didnt appreciate the guy till now... i grew up watching that dude and the epic matches he put on... he is atleast in my top ten greatest matches almost 3 times....
i prolly wont look at HHH that way till he pulls a stunt like this too but he is the best match up in the WWE as of now