Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282181 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5475 on: April 04, 2010, 07:41:37 PM »
wrestlemania 26. Highest profitbale event in WWE HISTORY!! and who said HBK wasnt a top draw? He was the reason, why!! Well know in a few weeks or so if it was wwe's best ppv buyrate off all time as well, wwe thinks it was..This is because of HBK v Taker thats more money then 3 different rock v austin Wrestlemanias. HBK IS A FUCKIN DRAW

No he isn't.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5476 on: April 04, 2010, 08:04:06 PM »
wrestlemania 26. Highest profitbale event in WWE HISTORY!! and who said HBK wasnt a top draw? He was the reason, why!! Well know in a few weeks or so if it was wwe's best ppv buyrate off all time as well, wwe thinks it was..This is because of HBK v Taker thats more money then 3 different rock v austin Wrestlemanias. HBK IS A FUCKIN DRAW

No he isn't.

LOL... I was going to point that out, but I figured no matter what... Shallow would be like.. Fuck Michaels, he still can't draw... lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5477 on: April 04, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »

No he isn't.

LOL... I was going to point that out, but I figured no matter what... Shallow would be like.. Fuck Michaels, he still can't draw... lol.

So because world wide PPV grows and grows and more and more millions of houses and now get PPV all over the world that never got it before I'm supposed to equate those buys with HBK?

Mania sells itself. They about a million buys every year since the new world wide PPV. It does more than a million with special things like Donald Trump and hmm, let me think what was the special thing about this year's Mania that people have waited to see for 12 years? I wonder.

By your guys' stupid logic WM24 did more buys than WM6 so Taker and Edge main eventing are a bigger draw than Hogan and Warrior.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5478 on: April 04, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
some good news and bad news out of TNA.

good news: the Nasty Boys were released.

bad news: Christopher Daniels was released.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5479 on: April 05, 2010, 12:24:33 AM »

Well I'm not gonna mis Daniels. I mean his wrestling skills are phenomenal & he had some tight matches but his gimmick sucked. Was he trying to be gay with those black nails & strange clothes in & outta the ring??
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:26:36 AM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Sikotic™

« Reply #5480 on: April 05, 2010, 02:22:58 AM »

Daniels won't be held back at least. Too bad all of his great matches won't be televised everywhere like in TNA.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5481 on: April 05, 2010, 09:00:30 AM »

No he isn't.

So because world wide PPV grows and grows and more and more millions of houses and now get PPV all over the world that never got it before I'm supposed to equate those buys with HBK?

Mania sells itself. They about a million buys every year since the new world wide PPV. It does more than a million with special things like Donald Trump and hmm, let me think what was the special thing about this year's Mania that people have waited to see for 12 years? I wonder.

By your guys' stupid logic WM24 did more buys than WM6 so Taker and Edge main eventing are a bigger draw than Hogan and Warrior.

Yeah but this wrestlemania was based around HBK v TAKER. Thats what it was about..And WM 24 more people were looking fwd to HBK Flair then Taker Edge, so ur point is moot. Ur just a hater, thats already been known tho..

The Best of 3 Worlds

JohnnyL

« Reply #5482 on: April 05, 2010, 09:46:08 AM »

You're right.  That is both good and bad news.  I've never enjoyed watching the Nasty Boys.  But Christopher Daniels was a great in-ring performer.  I remember watching some great matches between him and A.J. Styles, a few years ago.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5483 on: April 05, 2010, 10:01:17 AM »

No he isn't.

Yeah but this wrestlemania was based around HBK v TAKER. Thats what it was about..And WM 24 more people were looking fwd to HBK Flair then Taker Edge, so ur point is moot. Ur just a hater, thats already been known tho..

Maybe, just maybe, and call me crazy, the added little bit from the normal Mania number of the 2000s was due to, I don't know, the Screw Job and Vince vs Bret.

But all in all Wrestlemania sells itself these days. The same reason Angle and Hogan can go to TNA right now and draw nothing is the same HBK can go over there and draw nothing. The WWE is the draw. There hasn't been a draw with in it since Rock.

How is that going over your head? I'm now better understand our Brady/Manning debates. It doesn't matter than 80% of the hall of fame QBs chose Manning, it only matters what you feel about it at the time.

If you look at domestic numbers the WWE isn't even half of what it was, and the only reason it's doing more overseas is because the markets didn't exist during the height of the Austin era but were created because of it, and after they were created you saw large groups of fans new to the product entirely and not yet bored of it.

Wrestlemania is a family activity all over the world for fans that don't care to watch most PPVs and older fans that pop in to a group setting to watch it. That's why it does a million buys every year this decade. HBK vs Taker at Backlash wouldn't mean anything, but you'd think it would, just like you'd think the Bills would have 3 rings this decade if they had Tom Brady.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5484 on: April 05, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »
MILLION DOLLAR TITLE SIGHTING!!!  :D

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5485 on: April 05, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »
What's the main event for WM?

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5486 on: April 05, 2010, 11:20:30 PM »
How was Impact? I read the results and it seemed crappy.
I watched Raw, pretty boring.

What's the main event for WM?

It was Undertaker and his WM winning streak vs. HBK and his career.
Taker won, so HBK had to retire.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #5487 on: April 05, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »
Both shows were lame, but TNA can't afford to put out that kind of product.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Geesta

« Reply #5488 on: April 06, 2010, 02:47:03 AM »
TNA was gay... that gothic chick did a strip tease...
 :-\ :puke:

and the divas battle royal sucked also

but atleast the Wolfpack regulated and called out hogan
 8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5489 on: April 06, 2010, 08:33:46 AM »
Both shows were lame, but TNA can't afford to put out that kind of product.

When Hogan and Bischoff first got the product I wasn't sure. I wasn't gonna bet on a turn around in quality of ratings but with Hogan never being a booker before I thought his ego won't matter if he's not wrestling anymore. I was way off on that.

I feel bad for Dixie Carter. She could save so much monmey by dumping Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo, and bringing in Cornette and Heyman to each run different sides of the card and stand a real shot at becoming a solid #2 promotion.