Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 281777 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5595 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18:27 AM »
Also I wouldn't say Hogan is a problem, I think he's actually the reason people tuned into TNA for that little while when they had momentum. Everytime he comes out the crowd goes crazy, dude is a wrestling icon, period. Bischoff needs to go heel ASAP. He's best at that, people love to hate him.

Geesta

« Reply #5596 on: May 05, 2010, 01:39:18 AM »
alll TNA needs to do is resurrect the Wolfpack so they can sell out to WWE and be the NWO again

but thats not likely to happen with Xpac sniffing coke off hookers tits and Scott Hall getting drunk everyday and Nash as tall as he is he gets hurt like a bitch

WWE>TNA

:-\

what do yall think Sting or Undertaker? as the wrestling icon?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5597 on: May 05, 2010, 02:55:56 AM »
^Sting but because he's in TNA he seems like a lesser star but then again if he went to WWE he'd get buried just like the other WCW guys did. Fuck Vince's ego.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5598 on: May 05, 2010, 11:22:55 PM »
Sting needs to go to WWE and feud with the Undertaker....

10 years ago

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5599 on: May 06, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
^ ??? Actually TNA does have a little over than a million fans. You're basing that from 2-3 weak ratings they had??

I said loyal fans, meaning people that will watch TNA over WWE no matter what. WCW had about 2 to 3 million of them. TNA doesn't even have a million. They get a million viewers on decent weeks but on bad weeks it dips.

They simply needed a stronger product before the decided to go head to head with Raw. All they have is second rate TV numbers and horrible PPV numbers. They have no house show or even the ability to tour for main shows. They need to first build a product that has at least a couple territories that can sell out arenas. WCW could sell out arenas. Not all over the country, but at least some. TNA fills up a studio for main events and I'm not even sure if the tickets cost anything. Take some programs on the road and see what can be mustered up. If they can do business in major markets, then they can sell that to the TV audience. A packed house of even 5000 thousand screaming fans looks a lot better than that studio. a PPV with 18,000 fans looks a lot better. I just don't think they have the draws to pull that off. If this were 2002 I'd say they could use Fair vs Hogan in a cage and sell out mid sized gates in Carolina, Toronto, or Montreal. I can't think of anyone in 2010 that  could draw people in for TNA. Maybe Austin vs Hogan in Texas, maybe.

But none of that is the answer now. They need to build stars and create new markets to start doing business in, and they aren't even trying.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5600 on: May 06, 2010, 07:43:17 PM »
They think making stars is turning AJ Styles into a Flair rip-off and by turning Abyss into a Hogan groupie. Like I said, Hogan just will not stay out of the spotlight. He will always be the center of attention in TNA as long as he is in control.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5601 on: May 06, 2010, 08:36:06 PM »
They think making stars is turning AJ Styles into a Flair rip-off and by turning Abyss into a Hogan groupie. Like I said, Hogan just will not stay out of the spotlight. He will always be the center of attention in TNA as long as he is in control.

I don't expect anything less than that. I'm just saying.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5602 on: May 06, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »
I had hopes, but they're gone now.

You're either a stooge for Flair or Hogan.......or you're a Knockout.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:37:40 PM by Sikotic »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5603 on: May 06, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »

I had hopes, but they're gone now.

You're either a stooge for Flair or Hogan.......or you're a Knockout.

I honestly don't know where any real competition for the WWE is going to come from. The wrestling industry is all but dead. No one with real wrestling knowledge has any real business knowledge and no one with real business knowledge wants anything to do with wrestling.

Jim Cornette said the business will return to what it was when MMA gets huge then during a down time in MMA the top two fighters decide to fix their matches to make it an entertaining best of three and make money and that'll lead to more and more orchestrated fights to garner excitement and soon enough it'll be pro-wrestling again. I think I agree with him.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5604 on: May 08, 2010, 09:35:11 PM »
anybody catch that Christian vs. Cody Rhodes match last night on Smackdown?
I thought it was a good match, better than some of the ones they have on PPV.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5605 on: May 08, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »

Yeah that was a pretty good match, it's a shame that a lot of the Smackdown stuff is slept on. They have some great workers on that roster. I like the new Edge-Orton feud on Raw, they might have a good run with that this summer.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5606 on: May 08, 2010, 10:35:25 PM »

Yeah that was a pretty good match, it's a shame that a lot of the Smackdown stuff is slept on. They have some great workers on that roster. I like the new Edge-Orton feud on Raw, they might have a good run with that this summer.

I really wanted Edge to stay on Smackdown and have some feuds there.
He could have had one with Christian, CM Punk (Rater R lifestyle vs. Straight-Edge lifestyle), a one-on-one with Thwagger and probably some others.

But I agree, the Edge-Orton feud seems good. Hopefully it doesn't screwed up.
Speaking of Orton, I don't know why but he slightly reminds me of Austin nowadays in terms of how the fans are behind the bad-ass like gimmick. I hope I don't take a lot of heat for saying that lol.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Geesta

« Reply #5607 on: May 09, 2010, 01:37:46 AM »

I really wanted Edge to stay on Smackdown and have some feuds there.
He could have had one with Christian, CM Punk (Rater R lifestyle vs. Straight-Edge lifestyle), a one-on-one with Thwagger and probably some others.

But I agree, the Edge-Orton feud seems good. Hopefully it doesn't screwed up.
Speaking of Orton, I don't know why but he slightly reminds me of Austin nowadays in terms of how the fans are behind the bad-ass like gimmick. I hope I don't take a lot of heat for saying that lol.

Ortons a great bad guy though...
hes a better heel then Edge and Punk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5608 on: May 09, 2010, 01:44:02 AM »
Hell yeah I was thinking the exact same shit when I was watching RAW.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5609 on: May 09, 2010, 07:07:40 AM »
Funny that people were saying they hope not to take heat for liking Orton... lol. It's almost like there are some people here that are like, WWE, it sucks, you like Orton, you suck. The bottom line, you ask any person that's true to the wrestling business, Heyman, Cornette and you ask them who you'd start a promotion with, who's their first choice and you have everyone say Randy Orton. His getting his character down, people are digging it right now, but I do think WWE needs to turn him heel soon. I'm not sure who'd you turn him on, Edge was popular, Orton's face value might go up turning him on Cena, and there is no true face you can turn him on. Well maybe the WWE has the right idea, just keep Orton face, let it ride and then see what happens.