Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274674 times)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5655 on: May 17, 2010, 12:54:45 PM »

LMAO, Regal killed that shit!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #5656 on: May 17, 2010, 01:37:51 PM »

That is possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5657 on: May 17, 2010, 05:04:35 PM »

That is possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen.

by far the greatest 37 seconds of my life. Just barely rated above losing my virginity. (though losing my virginity didn't even last 37 seconds if I remember correctly, so Regal wins)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5658 on: May 17, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »
What a shitty Raw, and Bret wasn't even as over as people thought he'd be. I was watching the Nitro from Toronto on youtube, the crowd was way hotter for him there, and even hotter for Hogan then they were for Bret tonight.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5659 on: May 17, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »
What a shitty Raw, and Bret wasn't even as over as people thought he'd be. I was watching the Nitro from Toronto on youtube, the crowd was way hotter for him there, and even hotter for Hogan then they were for Bret tonight.

People read your post on this board on why you stopped supporting Bret, and they decided you were right so they decided not to pop as loud.

Honestly though, pops are not what they use to be in wrestling. In the Attitude Era, the pops we see now were reserved for the Mark Henry and D-Lo Brown. You YouTube most decent moments in either company, from 1996-2001, and you'd hear very loud crowds. As for Brets pop, may not be a large as Edge vs. Christian, but Edge and Christian are today's wrestlers, Bret gets that, his a Hall of Famer respect pop, but the, I can't wait to see him wrestle pop.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5660 on: May 17, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »

People read your post on this board on why you stopped supporting Bret, and they decided you were right so they decided not to pop as loud.

Honestly though, pops are not what they use to be in wrestling. In the Attitude Era, the pops we see now were reserved for the Mark Henry and D-Lo Brown. You YouTube most decent moments in either company, from 1996-2001, and you'd hear very loud crowds. As for Brets pop, may not be a large as Edge vs. Christian, but Edge and Christian are today's wrestlers, Bret gets that, his a Hall of Famer respect pop, but the, I can't wait to see him wrestle pop.

Toronto's a tough crowd in general, but in Bret's case if he had come out for the first time tonight and had not been subject to that horrible angle the past 3 months you would have heard an attitude era pop for him. But because they already ruined the whole comeback the Toronto fans just couldn't get as anxious as they would have been 3 months ago. Bret could have milked the We Want Bret and Thank You Bret chants instead of cutting them off, but the fact that he could cut them off says something. Nothing would have cut off the WM19 Hogan pop of the next night at Montreal.

As stupid as it would have been for business and longterm if Warrior's music hit and he came out to a long winded The Warriors stand behind you Bret Hart rant that would have gotten a huge pop in Toronto. And if he wasn't at TNA, Hogan coming out to Real American would have too. The truth is that Bret was never that over in TO as a face. In the we hate USA gimmick he was massive, and he post screw job Bret was a martyr, but the bum we saw tonight couldn't even get a great nostalgia pop.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5661 on: May 17, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »
They really need to keep Bret out of the ring in general. I thought Bret had more integrity than that. He makes Linda McMahon look like a decent wrestler at this point in his life.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #5662 on: May 17, 2010, 10:40:40 PM »
And Buzz was either senile or high.

He kept saying WWF and talked to the Canadian crowd like they were Americans.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Geesta

« Reply #5663 on: May 18, 2010, 03:02:13 AM »
LMAO Virgil is still playing everyones bitch

first with Ted sr.
then with NWO
now with Ted jr.

LMAO

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #5664 on: May 18, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »

OMFG, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin:

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5665 on: May 18, 2010, 05:51:36 PM »
Possibly the funniest wrestling related site I've ever seen:

http://twitter.com/the_ironsheik
lol@ sheiky baby sounds exactly like his shoot interviews hahaha
"sheik suplex you,put you in the camel clutch,break yo bacc,then fucc yo ass and make you humble
have a good day go fucc yourself"  hahahaha yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #5666 on: May 18, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »

OMFG, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin:

ive already played the clip like 20  40 times.  lmao  fucking greatness.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:56:19 PM by J.D. Wykid, Esq. »

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5667 on: May 19, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
quite possibly, the greatest TV spot for WWE since Eddie Guerrero was alive.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bop6WAK2swk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bop6WAK2swk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5668 on: May 19, 2010, 02:22:12 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bop6WAK2swk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bop6WAK2swk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

As good as this segment was I don't expect anything but constant bury jobs for Danielson for the next year, maybe two, and then when they finally try and push him for real he'll have been so beaten down in the eyes of the fans it won't matter. Y'know if Hogan spent a year doing jobs for guys like Don Muraco and then the WWF decided to put the belt on him, not even Hogan would have been a big draw.

And that is what bothers me about the WWE the most, if you want to make a guy earn their spot, make them do it off TV in house shows.

Also, I actually got a little upset at the idea of Mike Mizanin questioning the talent of Bryan Danielson. Not because Miz might believe it, but because I'm certain Steph and Vince do.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5669 on: May 19, 2010, 04:07:07 PM »

As good as this segment was I don't expect anything but constant bury jobs for Danielson for the next year, maybe two, and then when they finally try and push him for real he'll have been so beaten down in the eyes of the fans it won't matter. Y'know if Hogan spent a year doing jobs for guys like Don Muraco and then the WWF decided to put the belt on him, not even Hogan would have been a big draw.

And that is what bothers me about the WWE the most, if you want to make a guy earn their spot, make them do it off TV in house shows.

Also, I actually got a little upset at the idea of Mike Mizanin questioning the talent of Bryan Danielson. Not because Miz might believe it, but because I'm certain Steph and Vince do.

Whatever dogg

That shit was 10 times more creative, original and just straight out BETTER than anything on Raw, Smackdown and TNA. I don't care where this goes, for the first time in years, I saw something that I could honestly say made me believe at least one person in the WWE can actually make up a storyline. Now if Bryan Danielson disappears and goes back to the indy, or is buried in the WWE, so be it, but that 5 minutes right there sums up all the real wrestling fans frustration and someone had to write it. If that writer is fired, or maybe it's Danielson who suggested it himself, who knows. But that's 5 minutes of how every wrestling fan has been feeling for the better part of 6 years.