Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 281101 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5760 on: June 07, 2010, 09:26:02 PM »
That Raw ending was really well done and makes me want to check out next week.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5761 on: June 07, 2010, 09:43:53 PM »
I have mixed feelings regarding the new NXT takeover angle. Like Shallow said, the ending was very well done. Perhaps one of the best endings to a Raw in a while, they went all out with how the attack was laid out and everything. Though part of me feels like it's been done before over and over again. The WCW invasion angle in 2001, along with the three or four ECW invasion angles. This new NXT one actually reminds me a bit of the Millionaires Club-New Breed angle in WCW back in 2000. If done properly, I think the storyline will work. The only major disappointment here is that there's not much of a chance for any of the 8 rookies to get over on their own, as now they'll be locked into a group so it's going to be more of a challenge to make an impact on an individual level. They had a great thing going with Daniel Bryan getting at The Miz and Michael Cole, and then next week, boom...switch gears. I will say though, now I'm curious to see where this all leads.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5762 on: June 07, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
I have mixed feelings regarding the new NXT takeover angle. Like Shallow said, the ending was very well done. Perhaps one of the best endings to a Raw in a while, they went all out with how the attack was laid out and everything. Though part of me feels like it's been done before over and over again. The WCW invasion angle in 2001, along with the three or four ECW invasion angles. This new NXT one actually reminds me a bit of the Millionaires Club-New Breed angle in WCW back in 2000. If done properly, I think the storyline will work. The only major disappointment here is that there's not much of a chance for any of the 8 rookies to get over on their own, as now they'll be locked into a group so it's going to be more of a challenge to make an impact on an individual level. They had a great thing going with Daniel Bryan getting at The Miz and Michael Cole, and then next week, boom...switch gears. I will say though, now I'm curious to see where this all leads.

If all we get from this is Bryan and Punk in the ring at a PPV with more than 20 minutes to work a match then it'll all be worth it for me. I have at least 1 match from the ROH days and it was solid.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5763 on: June 07, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »
What I'm thinking (any probably others thought of) is that they'll reveal the NXT rookies to be Undertaker's 'attackers'.

On another note, I was lmao at the ending of the Santino-Kozlov segment.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5764 on: June 07, 2010, 10:49:49 PM »
What I'm thinking (any probably others thought of) is that they'll reveal the NXT rookies to be Undertaker's 'attackers'.

On another note, I was lmao at the ending of the Santino-Kozlov segment.

I'll only like that idea if it leads to Taker's streak being ended.

If they want Taker to keep his streak going then I have an idea after seeing tonight. Cena and co. get a group together to get the NXTers back for what they did and teach them a lesson of trying to get too much too fast, with out paying their dues first. Naturally with this Angle Bryan will be the one to turn face first since he's pad more dues than Cena ever could. But anyway among the vet posse is Goldberg, who is supposed to come back anyway. He helps take out the NXTers over the next few months. By the end of the fued after he takes out his man at Summer Slam or Survivor Series, Taker returns and jumps Goldberg. It is revealed that Goldberg took out Taker, because he's sick of his hokey streak. 18-0, big deal he says. He started out 100-0 and with footage the WWE can show a clip from each of his first 100 wins. He even beats Taker at the Rumble. Then at Mania in Atlanta; home of Goldberg and WCW history they have the rematch and Taker wins and keeps the streak going.

Then next year he loses to Barret or Bryan. 19-0 is enough.

Geesta

« Reply #5765 on: June 08, 2010, 01:05:34 AM »
Undertaker will never lose his winning streak

if he does... thats the day i stop watching WWE and give up on wrestling

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5766 on: June 08, 2010, 07:46:59 AM »

The streak is a joke. Get over it. The only purpose it will now (or ever) serve is to get a new guy over. If he retires with out losing it I'll give up on wrestling.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5767 on: June 08, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »
A bunch of rookies invading RAW or a ECW reformation with Foley leading going against TNA in the near future?? Hmm I thik I'll pick the latter (thats if the rumors are true & it actually happens).

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5768 on: June 08, 2010, 04:44:08 PM »

The streak is a joke. Get over it. The only purpose it will now (or ever) serve is to get a new guy over. If he retires with out losing it I'll give up on wrestling.

Agree with Shallow. In wrestling, the only reason you have titles or streaks is to lose them to the next generation coming. Wrestling is NOT a real sport. You want MJ to go out on top with a jump shot over Russell. But in wrestling, you want Hogan to lose to the Rock, you want Andre to get slammed by Hogan, you want Sting to make Flair tap, you want the new blood to beat the establishment.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5769 on: June 08, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
Side note, if Michael Cole is not behind this, then we riot. I'd love to see Cole as a heel, which has been teased since the first episode of NXT.

If all we get from this is Bryan and Punk in the ring at a PPV with more than 20 minutes to work a match then it'll all be worth it for me. I have at least 1 match from the ROH days and it was solid.

Nah, I wouldn't be happy unless it's 30 minutes... lol... j/k But a feud with Punk would help Danielson get over as a legit contender even though his a smaller dude.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5770 on: June 08, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »

Agree with Shallow. In wrestling, the only reason you have titles or streaks is to lose them to the next generation coming. Wrestling is NOT a real sport. You want MJ to go out on top with a jump shot over Russell. But in wrestling, you want Hogan to lose to the Rock, you want Andre to get slammed by Hogan, you want Sting to make Flair tap, you want the new blood to beat the establishment.
I don't think anyone wanted Hogan losing to The Rock back then.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5771 on: June 08, 2010, 08:09:31 PM »

Okay, the crowd was with Hogan, but everyone knew Hogan would job and put the Rock over as the next great face in the company. It's what happens. Some were nostalgic because it was Hogan's first Wrestlemania back. But at the end of the day, it's better business to put Rock over Hogan. And at the end of the day, it's GREAT business to put a future main event wrestler over the Undertaker.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5772 on: June 08, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »

Okay, the crowd was with Hogan, but everyone knew Hogan would job and put the Rock over as the next great face in the company. It's what happens. Some were nostalgic because it was Hogan's first Wrestlemania back. But at the end of the day, it's better business to put Rock over Hogan. And at the end of the day, it's GREAT business to put a future main event wrestler over the Undertaker.

The whole Rock/Hogan feud was silly. First, you never book Hogan as a heel in Toronto. I could have told you he'd be more over than the Rock. But the other difference is, unlike Hogan/Andre where Hogan losing would have hurt Hulkamania, the Rock would not have lost a step if he lost to Hogan and he was half way out the door anyway. Hogan didn't put over the Rock. The Rock was as over as he could get by that point.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5773 on: June 08, 2010, 09:08:06 PM »

The whole Rock/Hogan feud was silly. First, you never book Hogan as a heel in Toronto. I could have told you he'd be more over than the Rock. But the other difference is, unlike Hogan/Andre where Hogan losing would have hurt Hulkamania, the Rock would not have lost a step if he lost to Hogan and he was half way out the door anyway. Hogan didn't put over the Rock. The Rock was as over as he could get by that point.

Maybe you are right. But I would say that Rock beating Hogan was a Wrestlemania memory that defined Rock's career. That's why Cena is desperate to get a Wrestlemania match with the Rock, because he wants his moment.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5774 on: June 08, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »

Maybe you are right. But I would say that Rock beating Hogan was a Wrestlemania memory that defined Rock's career. That's why Cena is desperate to get a Wrestlemania match with the Rock, because he wants his moment.

His feud with Austin leading to WM17 defines the Rock and Austin and provides the perfect end to the attitude era. Playing baby face and getting booed by 70,000 fans as you beat a guy isn't a good thing and most fans if polled would not associate the Rock with that moment.

Goldberg beating Hogan was huge. Sting beating Hogan was huge. Botched, but huge. Warrior beating Hogan; the same. Hogan still had the torch to some degree during those moments. He didn't have it at all by WM18.

And now the Rock or even Austin are closer to it than Hogan was at that time, but Cena going over either one wouldn't be the best bet for him unless he goes back to heel. Because Cena will not be as over as Rock or Austin and you don't want another Hogan/Rock.

Now Hogan was already way more over than Andre by the time he faced him but Hogan wasn't at the end of his run so that's why a loss would have hurt business. But Andre's role could be played by Austin better than Rock because I feel Austin could get over as a heel better than Rock could right now. It's hard to cheer against the Rock these days.

Location is also key. If WM18 happened in Atlanta there'd be no problem getting the Rock cheered over Hogan. So if you want Cena to play face and go over I'd go with Boston maybe.

The thing is you can do it twice. The next WM you have Cena vs Austin and then after than Orton vs Rock or who ever vs whoever. Personally I think what's best for business over the next three years is keeping each belt strong on both Cena and Orton. Have Rock and Austin put each over in the next two Manias then create a new Unified belt for the Mania after that with Cena vs Orton.

Off the top of my head I'd run an angle where Austin or Rock is behind the NXTers taking over and Austin plays up the angle that he's sick of seeing the same guys on TV every week and thinks these young guys have paid there dues and are better than the current WWE top guys. Cena says he'll beat everyone of them but for his troubles he wants Austin in the ring too. You can stretch Cena going over 8 NXTers for a while and keep the feud with Austin going the whole way. it also builds momentum for Cena and helps make Austin look heelish. Cena goes over Austin.

For the next Mania I'd focus on Orton and Rock with the focus being on HHH as President of the company and Vince out on his ass. The story is Hunter is sick of the way the company has gone and has decided to hang up the boots until he can turn it around. He goes and re-sins the Rock because the current stars don't cut it and the company needs real mega stars like the old days. This is a jab at Orton who Hunter says isn't big enough. You kind of play the same Flair/Funk Hollywood angle from 20 years ago where Orton takes offense at a guy jumping to the top rankings after being out making films all these years. And Rock plays the heel that thinks he's too big to even be here but the money's right and he's itching to beat up somebody. Orton goes over at Mania.

Now during this time Vince gets hired to perform remedial jobs. Every few weeks you see him as something different like ring announcer, play by play, pop corn vendor, security After getting fired he ran into personal problems and does whatever he can to get back in the business. If Shane was around I would have used him in the role but he's not. Anyway, finally Vince gets his things together and finds away to get the company back whatever that is. He agrees that Hunter was right about one thing that the company needs a change and it needs to start with the young guys getting a shot at the old guard and books a first ever 5 on one handicap match for Hunter at Mania. He says another problem is the lost focus of championships and says that Cena and Orton will face each other at Mania and the winner will wear the new WWE World Heavyweight Title around their waste and be the one world champ. You won't need much of a story for Cena and Orton. Best vs Best works just fine. Since neither would be hurt by the loss I'd go face vs face and give the nod to whoever is more over, and maybe not even know until during the match. So and so wins and a new era of WWE is born.

Sorry that all just came to me very quickly and I just wrote it down. I didn't even read it back to see if it was any good. Maybe it sucks but whatever.