Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274761 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5820 on: June 13, 2010, 09:30:16 PM »
The more I think about the more I think it's a work. I think it's kind of silly to work your own people for the sake of an angle. Booking for the internet fans never means anything. I'm curious to see what happens.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5821 on: June 13, 2010, 09:34:24 PM »
The more I think about the more I think it's a work. I think it's kind of silly to work your own people for the sake of an angle. Booking for the internet fans never means anything. I'm curious to see what happens.

If you watch Raw, then the WWE has done exactly what it wanted to do. Gain back the IWC, although, this is a thread in a Hip-Hop board, not really the IWC... lol.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5822 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:35 PM »
Well, this is what happened for me:

Friend told me about something cool happening on RAW for once.

Watched NXT invasion on utube

Began to watch numerous nwo, wcw clips on youtube

Tuned in for last part of TNA PPV tonight.

Prior to that, I haven't watched a whole wrestling match on a live broadcast in more than a year. 

I am so put off by Vince's storylines, that even when he does do a Russo-esque angle that you have to admit is somewhat entertaining, it doesn't get me interested in WWE again, but more wrestling in general.  And I made up my mind a long time ago, if any wrestling is worth watching right now, it's TNA.

I don't even care what happens on Raw tomorrow, I doubt the writers there are gonna be able to make something half decent out of this.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #5823 on: June 13, 2010, 09:55:24 PM »
dragon getting fired isnt a work...if it is, then wwe creative is even more retarded than i thought. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5824 on: June 13, 2010, 09:58:06 PM »
- Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) wrote the following on his Twitter account today about his WWE release:

"Biding my time, waiting for the right moment to speak."

http://nodq.com/wwe/278497066.shtml

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5825 on: June 13, 2010, 11:20:54 PM »
- Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) wrote the following on his Twitter account today about his WWE release:

I'm assuming this guy is a somewhat decent personality/wrestler if he is being talked about this much?  Or is it just because he was so relevant when he got "fired"?

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5826 on: June 13, 2010, 11:32:35 PM »

I'm assuming this guy is a somewhat decent personality/wrestler if he is being talked about this much?  Or is it just because he was so relevant when he got "fired"?

He's an excellent wrestler that's known for his matches on the independent scenes and in Ring of Honor (ROH).

He got signed by the WWE and was on NXT; they started building his character really well after he got 'eliminated' from NXT with feud with The Miz and Michael Cole. The storyline he was involved in has been one of the stronger ones in recent years. And then they had that NXT invasion, where he was the most well-rounded of the rookies. So when this release thing came up, it has people's heads scratching.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5827 on: June 13, 2010, 11:46:15 PM »

He's an excellent wrestler that's known for his matches on the independent scenes and in Ring of Honor (ROH).

He got signed by the WWE and was on NXT; they started building his character really well after he got 'eliminated' from NXT with feud with The Miz and Michael Cole. The storyline he was involved in has been one of the stronger ones in recent years. And then they had that NXT invasion, where he was the most well-rounded of the rookies. So when this release thing came up, it has people's heads scratching.

Props.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5828 on: June 14, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
i just hope it's work,if not vince needs to stop suffering from cryptorchidism yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5829 on: June 14, 2010, 06:07:48 PM »
I predict he will interrupt in a match between Cena and Barrett.....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5830 on: June 14, 2010, 06:12:59 PM »
I predict he will interrupt in a match between Cena and Barrett.....

It just doesn't make any sense. The only people that are really upset about the firing are people that are ready to accept it might be a work. In the end it won't get him any more or less over and the only people that get affected are people inside the company that aren't expecting to ever be worked by Vince.

It's a stupid move, real or not. Dave Meltzer said lst night that if it's a work it's borderline WCW stuff from 10 years ago.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5831 on: June 14, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »
Well the angle has officially lost all steam as far as my interest goes. Let's whine for jobs, then let's run away from Mark Henry and Santino, then let's get 'em back by beating up Bret Hart.

The nWo angle worked so well because there was a real sense of history with regards to who represented WCW. That doesn't exist with the WWE guys now because the WWE has done so much to make fans forget week in and week out and there is no other promotion out there for these wrestlers to be seen as WWE loyalists. The nWo angle also worked because in week 2 of the angle, Hall and Nash weren't running away from Perry Saturn and Mongo. I understand the the nWo cannot and should not be re-created, but they can still take some notes from it.

I think this angle would have worked a lot better if a bunch of very established Indy wrestlers were the NXTers and they were playing up the role of being fed up with being twice the wrestlers of the WWE guts and getting no respect for what they've done and being treated like crap. The first front of WWE defense is that of rather un-accomplished WWE stars like Miz and such and they get beat. The second wave consists of paid their dues WWE stars and a few WWE vets returning to cap off the feud and win it back for the WWE. I'd have the indy guys win every belt and hold it strong for a while with it all leading to one PPV where they lose everything, and the WWE hails victorious. I'd make the whole angle a real wrestling history lesson. But what do I know.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5832 on: June 17, 2010, 01:21:12 AM »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5833 on: June 19, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »
Does no one have any opinions on how the NXT angle is going?

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5834 on: June 19, 2010, 01:00:38 PM »
its one of the more interesting storylines in recent memory.

depending on what happens tomorrow might determine how good or bad the angle will end up.