Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282501 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5865 on: July 10, 2010, 10:18:38 AM »
they're trying to throw people off from what I've read.

not doing a good job. Having and Austin voice, but acting heelish is all leading up to Michael Cole. And once it's reviled to be Michael Cole, I will mark hard, because heel Michael Cole is the best thing to wrestling since Cena was Vanilla Ice on the Halloween edition of Smackdown and became rapping Cena.

I can't imagine it meaning that much. You're making it sound like it'll be the second coming of Vince turning heel. From what I've sen of him inter acting with Danielson he does play the role very well, but that doesn't mean I think he'll be a top draw heel like Vince or Eric Bischoff (in the the late 90s) was. Mainly because it's already been done.

Didn't say it was the best thing since Mr. McMahon or nWo Bischoff, just since Vanilla Ice Cena, which gave birth to rapper Cena. Heel Michael Cole is refreshing, and he plays it well. In wrestling, it is over done, BUT in wrestling what is not. Wrestling for the last 40-50 years is recycling what worked in the past and adding new elements along the way. Once Gorgeous George became a pretty boy heel, you had pretty boy heels through until Billy Graham became the Superstar and added muscle mass to the roll, and from there you got Jesse Ventura and Hulk Hogan and so on. Heel Michael Cole wouldn't be something new, and a heel announcer turn GM wouldn't be nothing new (see Mike Adamle) but Heel Michael Cole is the redemption of that failed Mike Adamle angle. It's almost like after that whole failed experiment, someone looked it over and said, hey if we did this that and that different, it would have worked. And once Michael Cole proved his a better heel than face, the wheels are in motion. MICHAEL COLE RUNS MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5866 on: July 10, 2010, 04:44:30 PM »

not doing a good job. Having and Austin voice, but acting heelish is all leading up to Michael Cole. And once it's reviled to be Michael Cole, I will mark hard, because heel Michael Cole is the best thing to wrestling since Cena was Vanilla Ice on the Halloween edition of Smackdown and became rapping Cena.

I can't imagine it meaning that much. You're making it sound like it'll be the second coming of Vince turning heel. From what I've sen of him inter acting with Danielson he does play the role very well, but that doesn't mean I think he'll be a top draw heel like Vince or Eric Bischoff (in the the late 90s) was. Mainly because it's already been done.

Didn't say it was the best thing since Mr. McMahon or nWo Bischoff, just since Vanilla Ice Cena, which gave birth to rapper Cena. Heel Michael Cole is refreshing, and he plays it well. In wrestling, it is over done, BUT in wrestling what is not. Wrestling for the last 40-50 years is recycling what worked in the past and adding new elements along the way. Once Gorgeous George became a pretty boy heel, you had pretty boy heels through until Billy Graham became the Superstar and added muscle mass to the roll, and from there you got Jesse Ventura and Hulk Hogan and so on. Heel Michael Cole wouldn't be something new, and a heel announcer turn GM wouldn't be nothing new (see Mike Adamle) but Heel Michael Cole is the redemption of that failed Mike Adamle angle. It's almost like after that whole failed experiment, someone looked it over and said, hey if we did this that and that different, it would have worked. And once Michael Cole proved his a better heel than face, the wheels are in motion. MICHAEL COLE RUNS MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!!

But Cena became the top selling draw and merch mover in the business. What do you expect exactly from Michael Cole?

Let me just add that I would like to see the angle take place with Cole. In fact what I'd love the most is JR to take back his spot behind the chair, Cole and Nexus to bring Ross into the ring to beat the tar out of him, even kicking the shit out of King first for trying to protect JR, and having Danielson with a fucking bat come out of the crowd and chase Nexus off. Then Danielson may end up being the best thing since Cena.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5867 on: July 10, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »

But Cena became the top selling draw and merch mover in the business. What do you expect exactly from Michael Cole?

Let me just add that I would like to see the angle take place with Cole. In fact what I'd love the most is JR to take back his spot behind the chair, Cole and Nexus to bring Ross into the ring to beat the tar out of him, even kicking the shit out of King first for trying to protect JR, and having Danielson with a fucking bat come out of the crowd and chase Nexus off. Then Danielson may end up being the best thing since Cena.

If that happens, I wouldn't expect it until at least November. I think they'll drag this on for a while, until McMahon gets bored with it, and he decides to get rid of the NXT idea. We'll see. But I expect nothing from Michael Cole, just an interesting character to watch, and someone that pisses people off, all while making me laugh at him being heel because it's some funny shit. If Danielson comes back in this manner, then this would officially be as big the night Cena donned the blond high top wig. Until, it will have to be just the biggest thing since then. Meaning it's not as big as Cena as Vanilla Ice, but it's bigger than any other storyline since. Well Mickie/Trish might still have this beat, I'm sticking to my story.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5868 on: July 10, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »

If that happens, I wouldn't expect it until at least November. I think they'll drag this on for a while, until McMahon gets bored with it, and he decides to get rid of the NXT idea. We'll see. But I expect nothing from Michael Cole, just an interesting character to watch, and someone that pisses people off, all while making me laugh at him being heel because it's some funny shit. If Danielson comes back in this manner, then this would officially be as big the night Cena donned the blond high top wig. Until, it will have to be just the biggest thing since then. Meaning it's not as big as Cena as Vanilla Ice, but it's bigger than any other storyline since. Well Mickie/Trish might still have this beat, I'm sticking to my story.

Oh, ok. So you mean it's bigger than anything since Cena did that, but not as big as that. I gotcha. I have to disagree only because, and I just assume you forgot about this chronologically, but the Angle/Lesnar Feud mostly if not completely happened after that Cena as Vanilla moment. And while the creation of John Cena may or may not be bigger than Angle vs Lesnar, that lasted almost a year, there's no way I think a heel Michael Cole would surpass Angle/Lesnar. Danielson coming back the way I said he should could be bigger though.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5869 on: July 11, 2010, 05:35:22 AM »

Oh, ok. So you mean it's bigger than anything since Cena did that, but not as big as that. I gotcha. I have to disagree only because, and I just assume you forgot about this chronologically, but the Angle/Lesnar Feud mostly if not completely happened after that Cena as Vanilla moment. And while the creation of John Cena may or may not be bigger than Angle vs Lesnar, that lasted almost a year, there's no way I think a heel Michael Cole would surpass Angle/Lesnar. Danielson coming back the way I said he should could be bigger though.

You might be right. Since Angle/Lesner started around the same time, I did forget. I will say that Lesner/Angle was my favorite era of WWE either brands.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5870 on: July 13, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »
Major New Wrestling Company To Form In Florida?

Source: PWInsider

A new wrestling promotion is starting up out of Florida. The promotion, which has quietly been putting together a business plan, is said to have major financial backing. The new promotion is already signing wrestlers up, and along with the contracts, are having them sign confidentiality agreements.

There is no name known for the promotion at this time, but it is known that they will not actively do anything until the fall. A full promotional launch is expected at the beginning of 2011, As of this time, there is no information of TV deals or TV tapings.

Businessman Peter Karoftis is said to be the main backer for the promotion. Karoftis previously worked with Sterling Equities, which is a New York-based investment firm that owns The New York Mets organization, the SNY cable network, and several real estate and investment companies. Karoftis, along with Florida independent wrestler Sean Davis are said to be the core of the company right now.

Also working with the company are Kevin Kleinrock (Viva La Lucha, Wrestling Society X), Cody Michaels (WSX, XPW) and Mister Saint Laurent (longtime Florida promoter). Kleinrock will be working production, while it is expected that Laurent will work on the creative end. Laurent has previously promoted the "I Believe In Wrestling" company, and there may be a crossover between the new company and the "I Believe In Wrestling" talent and wrestling school.

As of this time, the only confirmed name to sign with the company is Sean Waltman. Many wrestlers asked about the company have declined comment, due to the confidentiality agreements.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5871 on: July 13, 2010, 01:12:30 PM »
x pac as their first signing???

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5872 on: July 13, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »
x pac as their first signing???

That'll put butts in the seats, Huh.

www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <---Don't sleep
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5873 on: July 13, 2010, 06:03:20 PM »
X-Pac as the first known signing, sheesh.  Give em a break, it's not like they sign anyone better right now.  They gonna have to wait for these WWE/TNA star contracts to run out and swoop them up..  And who knows, that Sean Davis dude could end up being a great worker...

I see this working out like WSX, but I would like them to blow the fuck up... Get some 3-way ratings wars going on in about 6 years..

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5874 on: July 15, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »
It's cool they have major financial backing (WCW) & will most likely have their program aired on a popular TV station. If they make an interesting product there could actually be another Monday Night War & I'm not talking about that lame stunt TNA pulled.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5877 on: July 18, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »
Kofi's a monster for what he did right now lol
and Big Show is pulling off some pretty decent offense with the ladders
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:22:36 PM by Mo Z. Dizzle »

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5878 on: July 18, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
does anybody have a working stream?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5879 on: July 18, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
how old are you guys?