Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274617 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5880 on: July 19, 2010, 01:28:49 PM »
Good PPV, alot of fuck ups though. Fast forwarded the Cena/Sheamus match :sleep:

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5881 on: July 21, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »
Good PPV, alot of fuck ups though. Fast forwarded the Cena/Sheamus match :sleep:

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty decent PPV for the most part. Sheamus vs. Cena was boring though.

Btw, Triple H might be out of action till December because of a torn bicep.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5882 on: July 23, 2010, 03:41:11 AM »
Supposedly Booker T is another guy signed to the new wrestling promotion.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #5883 on: July 23, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
Smackdown is coming to my city tuesday i hope ill be able to make it

does anyone know if they still sell tickets at the door?
The West is Back

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5884 on: July 23, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »
Smackdown is coming to my city tuesday i hope ill be able to make it

does anyone know if they still sell tickets at the door?

Unless it's sold out, which it hasn't been in ten years, you should be able to get tickets at the door.

I recommend you ask for the limited view seats on the lower bowl. They are usually to the right of the titan tron and the only thing you can't see is screen, but you're so close to the ring it doesn't matter.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #5885 on: July 23, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »
yeah i think those are like 50 bucks
The West is Back

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5886 on: July 23, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »

I paid 35 Canadian Dollars in 02 or 03 and that was when the WWE was still big.

westsiderider323

« Reply #5887 on: July 23, 2010, 04:38:49 PM »

damn in i think 03 or 04 i went to judgment day and paid like 75 or somethin for seats that were like right above the tunnel where the basketball players go in/out of

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5888 on: July 23, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »

damn in i think 03 or 04 i went to judgment day and paid like 75 or somethin for seats that were like right above the tunnel where the basketball players go in/out of

This was a taped Smackdown though. I paid 85 bucks or so the next year for Summerslam tickets that were nowhere near the ring, and like 50 to 60 bucks for Raw seats pretty far away too.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5889 on: July 25, 2010, 06:17:10 PM »
what does everybody think about the whole Super Team vs. Nexus thing?

btw, I read that Steamboat would've been in place of the Hitman if he didn't suffer his health issue. Probably would've made the match more entertaining since Steamboat is still able to wrestle much more than Bret.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5890 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5891 on: July 27, 2010, 10:37:45 PM »

btw, I read that Steamboat would've been in place of the Hitman if he didn't suffer his health issue. Probably would've made the match more entertaining since Steamboat is still able to wrestle much more than Bret.

I smell heel turn. Everyone is saying Cena... but I don't think so... I say Hart.  :o

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5892 on: July 28, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »

I smell heel turn. Everyone is saying Cena... but I don't think so... I say Hart.  :o

They'll definitely have to make it a big name; I think they'll be a heel turn as well.

JohnnyL

« Reply #5893 on: July 29, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »

I don't know about the whole Nexus angle in general, anymore.  I guess the Cena Super Team versus the Nexus is an alright idea.  It's mainly the Nexus that I have a problem with.
  I'll admit, the first week when they came out and attacked everyone, I thought it was pretty cool.  At that point, I thought the angle might have potential.  Then, for several weeks I was deliberating on whether or not I really liked this storyline.  Something just seemed off with the whole thing.  At first, I couldn't really decide what it was.  But the more I thought about it, the more obvious I thought it was.  Most of these guys in the Nexus just aren't all that interesting.  When you look back on groups like "Dx," "nWo," or even "Evolution" (a few of the more notable "bad guy" super groups of the last decade - although, admittedly Dx has been billed almost exclusively as a good guy group in it's most recent incarnation), part of the charm was that most of the members of each of those respective groups had enough personality that they made people enjoy rooting against them, or even for them in many cases.
 These guys in the Nexus are so bland.  I will say that I think Wade Barrett may have a future in the business, as he seems to be good on the mic and a capable in-ring performer.  But many of these guys seem like they would be total nobodies if you tried to book them in solo matches.  Maybe part of it is the way WWE has elected to book these matches, but every week when I watch I get the impression that if left to their own devices, each member of Nexus could only competently execute one move.  At least, that's all the WWE seems to want to let them do on t.v.
  I really feel like they messed up big time when they fired Daniel Bryon.  Sure, Wade Barrett does an adequate job as the group's mouthpiece, but when Bryon spoke about the WWE corporate machine, he seemed passionate enough about it that you kind of got the impression that he believed, at least in part, in what he was saying.  In my opinion, losing him so early into the story really hurt it's momentum.
  To me, I don't know that this angle is really going anywhere, anymore.  I would think you could only have an angry mob come out and squash individual wrestlers for so many weeks before people start to get bored.     

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5894 on: August 04, 2010, 07:32:45 PM »

i think the same exact thing,he could do some talking for them since only 3 of them can speak hahaha,and they might as well turn that country cowboy into another gold burg yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp