Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274791 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Sticky: The Official WWE Thread
« Reply #5940 on: August 15, 2010, 10:34:27 PM »
Pretty lame PPV.  I thought the main event would be more than it was.. Don't like how they booked it all..

damn, every message board I am going to, people are marking like 6 year olds in 1987 for Hulk Hogan, or like Gen Xer's for Steve Austin in 1998, I mean the overall response to this I'm getting is very positive.

I didn't enjoy it that much.  Keep in mind I had no idea of any of the storylines except for the Nexus one...  xP

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5941 on: August 15, 2010, 10:46:14 PM »
Pretty lame PPV.  I thought the main event would be more than it was.. Don't like how they booked it all..

damn, every message board I am going to, people are marking like 6 year olds in 1987 for Hulk Hogan, or like Gen Xer's for Steve Austin in 1998, I mean the overall response to this I'm getting is very positive.

I didn't enjoy it that much.  Keep in mind I had no idea of any of the storylines except for the Nexus one...  xP

I see, the only real complaining I am seeing is the whole John Cena being the last one, of course that sparks the debate of how many people are there to see Cena, since most fans now are young, the same way in the 80's people were young. But the greatest internet serve in history is without a doubt drawing me to watch.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5942 on: August 15, 2010, 10:54:40 PM »
lol i bet Sikotic jizzed his pants when he saw Undertaker come out then piss his pants when it was over...
After that, any chick that sits in the chair I was in tonight could potentially get pregnant.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #5943 on: August 15, 2010, 10:58:35 PM »
lol i bet Sikotic jizzed his pants when he saw Undertaker come out then piss his pants when it was over...
After that, any chick that sits in the chair I was in tonight could potentially get pregnant.

your a man of good luck so hopefully she gets it aborted
 :D
The West is Back

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #5944 on: August 15, 2010, 10:59:30 PM »
anyone got any replays i miss the beginning??
The West is Back

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5945 on: August 15, 2010, 11:19:17 PM »

I see, the only real complaining I am seeing is the whole John Cena being the last one, of course that sparks the debate of how many people are there to see Cena, since most fans now are young, the same way in the 80's people were young. But the greatest internet serve in history is without a doubt drawing me to watch.

Well the ending of the main event was probably the worst part of the PPV imo.   To have Cena own at the end was just so lame, lol.  But I guess if the fans really eat that shit up, you can't go against it can you..

I dunno, WWE on a whole just bores me everytime I watch it.  Same reason I stopped watching it in 2003/04.

Dunno if it's because I was getting older, don't think it was, cuz I can still enjoy TNA whenever I watch it.  Who knows.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #5946 on: August 15, 2010, 11:22:08 PM »

Well the ending of the main event was probably the worst part of the PPV imo.   To have Cena own at the end was just so lame, lol.  But I guess if the fans really eat that shit up, you can't go against it can you..

I dunno, WWE on a whole just bores me everytime I watch it.  Same reason I stopped watching it in 2003/04.

Dunno if it's because I was getting older, don't think it was, cuz I can still enjoy TNA whenever I watch it.  Who knows.

your not alone but people like Bret Hart, The Undertaker and Shawn Micheals is what keeps the WWE alive to me...
i mean i hated the shit out of Micheals till now i appreciate him more the only reason i hated Micheals was cus i was so pro Hart and NWO at that time i lost interest...

TNA gots its wrestling while WWE gots its entertainment value thats the big difference
The West is Back

Sikotic™

« Reply #5947 on: August 15, 2010, 11:28:29 PM »
The arena was packed, but the crowd was pretty dead up until the main event.

The dark match was Evan Bourne vs. Zack Ryder. I didn't see it since I was looking for my seats during that time. Evan Bourne won though.

The first match for the IC title completely killed the crowd. Nobody cares about Dolph Ziggler. The fireworks fucked up the big titan tron which pissed people off with bad seats because they couldnt see anything. The Nexus run-in got people a little excited. Nobody cared about the outcome of the match anyways.

All that excitement was killed off though with the Divas match. From where I was sitting, Melina looked like Big Bird from Sesame Street. Melina won the title and nobody cared lol.

The crowd was kinda into the SES vs. Big Show match. Holy shit Big Show is even larger in person.

One of the biggest crowd reactions of the night was Miz's promo. He had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand and eventhough I could care less abou his wrestling ability, he does have one of the better personas in WWE right now. The comment he made about the Heat beating the Lakers this coming season made people so angry lol.

The WWE championship match was pretty boring live without commentary. However, Orton is more over with the crowd than even Cena. HUGE reaction when he came out for the match. Suprisingly, Sheamus had people cheering him too, but mostly boos. The ending of the match was bullshit, but Sheamus got his ass kicked so most people didn't mind lol.

Nobody cared for the World Hvt. Title match since it was the same stuff you would see on Friday Night Smackdown anyways. Everybody there begged and hoped Taker would show up. When he popped out of the casket the roof blew off the arena. But when Kane beat the shit outta Taker, it killed the crowd again lol. I couldn't hear what Taker said to Rey either, maybe you were able to hear it on TV.

The crowd was insanely over for the big tag team match. When Cena said that Team WWE already had a replacement, everyone automatically assumed it was Triple H. Nobody expected Daniel Bryan to be the 7th man (except for Dizzle of course lol).  Surprisingly, the crowd was very anti-Cena minus all of the kids. Y2J actually got more cheers. The match could of been more interesting, but they had to do that typical Supercena bullshit to send the majority of the crowd happy, which they did.

Overall, the show was great live.  I don't know how it translated on PPV pr what the commentators were saying.

Random celebrity sightings: Saw the big black dude from The Green Mile and the kid with glasses from Hot Tub Time Machine. The wierdest sighting of all though was that I sat in the same row as that crazy reverend x dude with all those YouTube videos where he dances and claims he's God. Dude is legitimately insane...........and a HUGE Nexus fan lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #5948 on: August 15, 2010, 11:33:17 PM »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5949 on: August 16, 2010, 02:05:46 AM »
Daniel Bryan is a tool. VKM wins again.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5950 on: August 16, 2010, 05:33:18 AM »
Here is the very sad truth, WWE is no longer written for our generation. Straight up, for 20 years, WWE catered to the people born between 1975-1985. In the 80's Hulkamania was running wild and little kids ate that shit up like little kids do Cena now. In the early 90's they tried the New Generation thing, but their main fan base was not little kids anymore, but teenagers. Those teenagers marked hard for a heel Hulk Hogan, a cursing Steve Austin and a Pie Obsessed Rock. Once those fans got older, They started having kids, and started taking their kids to go see WWE. By that time their kids LOVED WWE, and especially John Cena. My little cousins go ape shit over John Cena, but I did too with Hulk Hogan. WWE is not catering to our generation no more, and it's all good. Times change, we aren't the young money makers anymore. But what they do must be working, because in a time when no one is making money, the WWE is one of the few companies that turns a profit every single year.

As for TNA, I try to watch it, if you like rehashed angles, then more power to you. That might be your thing, and their is something to say about nostalgia and how we feel watching people like Sting come out in red paint, or seeing the Wolfpack again. But I've been a fan of Cena's since the rapper gimmick, and I'm glad his doing his thing, and I'm glad WWE found a superstar that has the kids the way Hulk Hogan had the kids when I was young. Straight up, the reason Cena is champ is money, and those little kids. In 20 years, those kids will go to a John Cena book signing, and they will be adults taking their kids to see their hero the same way when I saw Hulk Hogan every guy my age had a son who was taking their sons to see their hero. It's the circle of life dog.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #5951 on: August 16, 2010, 07:31:51 AM »
That's true I guess.  Props.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5952 on: August 19, 2010, 09:33:11 AM »
images of the new WWE Tag Team Titles:

I really don't know what they were thinking; and it doesn't even have the name plates.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5953 on: August 19, 2010, 02:05:30 PM »
Fuck TNA for not using this guy properly & splitting up LAX. Dixie is firing TNA's best talent (most of em TNA originals) - Christopher Daniels, ODB, Awesome Kong & noe Homicide.

TNA has released former X-Division and Tag Team champion Homicide. Homicide had been with the company since 2005. Since Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan  came to the company, Homicide had not been used much on iMPACT!, mostly appearing on Xplosion. They shot an injury angle with him, involving Matt Morgan and Hernandez, which was supposed to lead to the return of LAX down the line.

Homicide recently relocated back to the Northeast, and it is expected that he will work a lot in that area again. Yes, that means ROH and other indy promotons.

Homicide commented on his TNA release via Twitter. Here is what he had to say…

my tna days is over, thank u for the staff members and the boys and girls in the locker room, had a great run, bbllaattt187 for life

yes, hopefully in 4 weeks im 100%, then i make a descion where im going to go and do.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5954 on: August 19, 2010, 07:51:54 PM »
images of the new WWE Tag Team Titles:

I really don't know what they were thinking; and it doesn't even have the name plates.

I am not a fan. I was hoping they'd split the tag titles again and have tag wrestling in both brands. Maybe they'll unite the Divas and Womens title too.