Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274761 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)
« Reply #6180 on: November 06, 2010, 08:35:17 PM »
They renamed it once Styles won the belt & he said he was gonna defend it on every show, apparently that isn't the case anymore.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6181 on: November 06, 2010, 11:33:15 PM »
They really need to eliminate the title all together. It's been a failure ever since it was the Legends Championship.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6182 on: November 07, 2010, 01:53:03 AM »
Uncensored Hogan flash: http://nodq.com/features/290988840.shtml

NSFW

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6183 on: November 07, 2010, 02:08:49 AM »
Remember the good times:

JohnnyL

« Reply #6184 on: November 07, 2010, 06:25:22 AM »
They renamed it once Styles won the belt & he said he was gonna defend it on every show, apparently that isn't the case anymore.

Yeah.  I was thinking, in the storyline, they said it was Flair's idea to change the name.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6185 on: November 07, 2010, 02:32:55 PM »
I like how the individual who wins the title can change the name of AND purpose of the title at any given time.

Great booking  ::)

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6186 on: November 07, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »
I like how the individual who wins the title can change the name of AND purpose of the title at any given time.

Great booking  ::)

lol thats why i cant take them seriously... With there face turns or heel turns everyweek... new factions ....its confusing.. WWE aint much better whats this i see they are splitting Hart dynastie after a 3 week run with the belt... please

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6187 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
Where TNA is going wrong is they look desperate. They need to step back, get a hold of their product and figure out what to do with it. I think they have too many wrestlers, and they don't have enough TV time for all of them. Release talent they are going to do nothing with and try to build something from the ground up. Having AJ Styles with the belt back is not a bad idea. Have AJ battle Jeff Hardy and turn on Immortal would be a start. Then try to find a way to bring interest in each character.

WWE has the leg up for me in terms of better booking. Well they may have failed with breaking up the Hart Foundation and Cryme Tyme (I'll never forgive McMahon for that) they still have an interesting product. Cena getting shitted on in Nexus is great. If he turns heel at Survivor Series would be truly a boost to his character. I can honestly say the WWE has not botched the Cena/Nexus booking. Not botched booking is the best WWE has done in 4-5 years and it's better than TNA right now. That crap with the elections was, well, crap. Also, when I see LayCool in miniskirts I don't see PG. I would love to see LayCool vs. the Beautiful People. But other than that, the WWE has botch Randy Orton's title reign and everything else is not interesting. Wade Barrett is a boring character and is truly getting elevated by booking right now.

Overall, I'd say the WWE is getting a 5.5 rating on a scale of 1-10, and TNA about a 3.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6188 on: November 08, 2010, 03:44:14 AM »
To defend TNA's heel/face changes, if you watch the show every week, it's not that bad.  If you're a casual watcher tho and only catch a couple EPs here and there, you're gonna get left behind.

The reason I stopped watching Raw was because the shit moved too slow and I would get boring with characters angles or drawn out storylines.

So I guess that's why I like TNA and their rapid storylines and angles, it doesn't get stale.  People change, wrestling is a cut throat sport, how can you blame these characters for switching up so much?  That's more realistic and interesting to me.

WWE caters to the fans, they didn't make Cena a heel cuz the fans want him, they are afraid.  I would like to see Cena do a real heel turn and put us in theater mode instead of the fan majority dictating his entire character and direction.

And yeah TNA does have way too many ppl.  If you look on their website roster that shit is enormous.  It's not good when you have some wrestlers and storylines switching in and out each show, taking turns.  You gotta have steady storylines at all levels of your show that can have a little focus time for EVERY week.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6189 on: November 08, 2010, 05:50:55 AM »
To defend TNA's heel/face changes, if you watch the show every week, it's not that bad.  If you're a casual watcher tho and only catch a couple EPs here and there, you're gonna get left behind.

The reason I stopped watching Raw was because the shit moved too slow and I would get boring with characters angles or drawn out storylines.

So I guess that's why I like TNA and their rapid storylines and angles, it doesn't get stale.  People change, wrestling is a cut throat sport, how can you blame these characters for switching up so much?  That's more realistic and interesting to me.

WWE caters to the fans, they didn't make Cena a heel cuz the fans want him, they are afraid.  I would like to see Cena do a real heel turn and put us in theater mode instead of the fan majority dictating his entire character and direction.

And yeah TNA does have way too many ppl.  If you look on their website roster that shit is enormous.  It's not good when you have some wrestlers and storylines switching in and out each show, taking turns.  You gotta have steady storylines at all levels of your show that can have a little focus time for EVERY week.

See, and that might have worked in the Attitude Era, but now it's just plan confusing. I was following up until Hogan switch, and the only thing I can think of is trying to rehash the nWo, which worked in 1996 but it's 2010. They need new stars and they need to build them on the backs of the established stars.

Side note, the best wrestling org is on TV, RoH is on some HD network right after Raw. The best of wrestling is there.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6190 on: November 08, 2010, 05:58:41 AM »
They show RoW on tv?  I'ma have to google that later thanks.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6191 on: November 08, 2010, 11:21:31 AM »
RoH does have awesome wrestling but the story lines and promos are some of the worst shit ive ever seen lol
The West is Back

Sikotic™

« Reply #6192 on: November 08, 2010, 12:27:04 PM »
Kennedy, Joe, MCMG, AJ, Lethal, Kaz, Beer Money, Gen Me, Wolfe, Pope, Morgan, Hernandez and Hardy should be the main focal point of TNA. Angle, RVD, Jarrett, Flair, Bischoff and Hogan should be the guys that are used to elevate them. Elevated with well-thought out feuds that cause you to be emotionally invested in one of the competitors.

TNA moves so fast, you don't even know who's beefing with who half the time. You will never captivate an audience other than die-hard TNA fans and die-hard anti-WWE fans with that shit. Plain and simple. Bischoff and Hogan need to get the fuck out of TNA because they offer nothing new or innovative. Dixie Carter is too stupid to understand this either.

At this rate, I really don't see TNA going on another 5 or 6 years. They don't make jack shit in PPV revenue. Their TV deal probably gives them limited ad revenue. House shows constantly tank (which means so does merch sales). No way in hell are they generating any revenue.

ECW in its final days were making a shitload of money and selling out arenas, but they still couldn't pay off their debts. I really doubt Dixie's parent's are gonna be down to take more and more financial losses as time goes on.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6193 on: November 08, 2010, 02:31:23 PM »
House shows constantly tank=false. The last house shows didn't do good cause it was a different market, new to them. I don't really care that much for Hogan but Bischoff is great, sucks as face but as heel he's the best. I'm happy with the storylines in TNA, see there were some wrestlers which I liked in the WWE but the storylines & segments are so bad I could care less for them anymore (like John Morrison, MVP, R-Truth etc.). Their product sucks ass & is depressing. & except for the formation at BFG Immortal in any way does NOT remind me of NWO. lol at ROH.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #6194 on: November 08, 2010, 04:27:39 PM »
Hogan and Bischoff are vital. It was Bischoff who turned WCW into a goddamn gorilla and he did it because he's never been afraid to push the envelope. The show has to be raw. If Bischoff had total control, TNA would be on HBO.