Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274782 times)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!

JohnnyL

Re: Sticky: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)
« Reply #6241 on: November 22, 2010, 09:50:31 PM »
 Here's a question maybe one of you guys can answer...what was Cena referring to when he mentioned Billy Kidman?  Does he work behind the scenes now or something?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6242 on: November 22, 2010, 10:12:06 PM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #6243 on: November 22, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »
Here's a question maybe one of you guys can answer...what was Cena referring to when he mentioned Billy Kidman?  Does he work behind the scenes now or something?
He's probably the producer responsible for that segment of the show. He does work behind the scenes.

and I saw that girl too. She made the win even funnier.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #6244 on: November 22, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »
Here's a question maybe one of you guys can answer...what was Cena referring to when he mentioned Billy Kidman?  Does he work behind the scenes now or something?

Yeah, he's a producer for Raw & Smackdown, and a trainer at FCW.

Lol props to both you guys.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6245 on: November 22, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »
i saw the farewell speech but left soon after but i heard the end was crazy

guess ill have to see it tomorrow
The West is Back

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6246 on: November 23, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
Has anyone posted the WWE.com list of the 50 best WWE wrestlers of all time?
I'm waiting for them to come out and say it was a joke.

I think they put Hogan at like #24 or something like that? Not a Hogan fan by any means, but that was easily their biggest name in the 80's.

Not a fan at all of Hogan's in-ring ability (or lack thereof), but unless in-ring ability is the only thing they're using to gauge this list, Hogan should be higher on the list.  At least in the top ten.  On the other hand, if they were talking about in-ring ability, Hogan probably shouldn't be on the list at all.

If it's based on in-ring then Undertaker at #2 would be the biggest joke ever. As far as a complete package of in ring work, draw power, impact on the company, I don't see how anyone can be placed above Steve Austin? He could work a great match, and carry lesser opponents if he had to, he generate more money than anyone, and he was the main guy responsible for turning the company around when they almost went under.

Flair beats Austin in a history of wrestling list, but as far as with regards to WWE and what they did for WWE it has to be Austin.

That seems reasonable.  As far as name recognition, Austin and Hogan would be closely matched.  As far as in-ring ability, Austin is obviously way over Hogan in that category.  And that's not to say that Austin was an awesome, in-ring technician, but compared to Hogan, he would look like one.

I beg to differ. I was never the biggest Austin fan as Stonecold, but he was playing his character in the ring. If you think he can't work technical style just watch his match with Arn or Sting from WCW. Dude could go. As Stone Cold he understood how to work the way the character he was playing should work. No one wanted to see the beer drinking anti-establishment rattle snake do flying head butts or moonsaults, or regal stretches, or sharp shooters. Every move Austin did made sense, and it really helped make him a star. The Lou Thesz press isn't half the move the Hurricanrana is, but it got Stone Cold way more over than flip like that would. Just watch all his main event matches against half to decent to poor workers. Every match flows properly, goes a decent amount of time, and tells a story. Steve Austin if never given the Stone Cold character, or allowed to use it whatever, and stayed as an undercard guy, would have been known as the one of the great under rated workers of the decade. Where as Hogan or Taker would have been the Harris Brothers if they had been stuck with gimmicks like that and buried.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6247 on: November 23, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »
I remember Austin worked a really great match with Benoit in the early 2000s that was a clinic. Austin did more than his usual maneuvers and of course Benoit did his thing and it was really great. Austin could definitely wrestle his ass off, but his injuries and, like Shallow said, character prevented him from doing otherwise.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6248 on: November 24, 2010, 04:31:42 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6GcrIBhBWA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e6GcrIBhBWA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Sikotic™

« Reply #6249 on: November 24, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6GcrIBhBWA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e6GcrIBhBWA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
LOL. That is 2 minutes of jealousy at its finest.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6250 on: November 24, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
lol at when he shows his middle fingers the first time, everyone is like "oooooohhhhh no he didn't" haha

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6251 on: November 24, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »

HAHAHA... Vince invested in the right one, CM Punk being sober over the drugged out Hardys any day. Why must they prove that Vince made the right decision by dumping them every time I see them, I actually like the Hardys, but they make it hard to defend them.

JohnnyL

« Reply #6252 on: November 24, 2010, 02:51:52 PM »
Has anyone posted the WWE.com list of the 50 best WWE wrestlers of all time?
I'm waiting for them to come out and say it was a joke.

I think they put Hogan at like #24 or something like that? Not a Hogan fan by any means, but that was easily their biggest name in the 80's.

Not a fan at all of Hogan's in-ring ability (or lack thereof), but unless in-ring ability is the only thing they're using to gauge this list, Hogan should be higher on the list.  At least in the top ten.  On the other hand, if they were talking about in-ring ability, Hogan probably shouldn't be on the list at all.

If it's based on in-ring then Undertaker at #2 would be the biggest joke ever. As far as a complete package of in ring work, draw power, impact on the company, I don't see how anyone can be placed above Steve Austin? He could work a great match, and carry lesser opponents if he had to, he generate more money than anyone, and he was the main guy responsible for turning the company around when they almost went under.

Flair beats Austin in a history of wrestling list, but as far as with regards to WWE and what they did for WWE it has to be Austin.

That seems reasonable.  As far as name recognition, Austin and Hogan would be closely matched.  As far as in-ring ability, Austin is obviously way over Hogan in that category.  And that's not to say that Austin was an awesome, in-ring technician, but compared to Hogan, he would look like one.

I beg to differ. I was never the biggest Austin fan as Stonecold, but he was playing his character in the ring. If you think he can't work technical style just watch his match with Arn or Sting from WCW. Dude could go. As Stone Cold he understood how to work the way the character he was playing should work. No one wanted to see the beer drinking anti-establishment rattle snake do flying head butts or moonsaults, or regal stretches, or sharp shooters. Every move Austin did made sense, and it really helped make him a star. The Lou Thesz press isn't half the move the Hurricanrana is, but it got Stone Cold way more over than flip like that would. Just watch all his main event matches against half to decent to poor workers. Every match flows properly, goes a decent amount of time, and tells a story. Steve Austin if never given the Stone Cold character, or allowed to use it whatever, and stayed as an undercard guy, would have been known as the one of the great under rated workers of the decade. Where as Hogan or Taker would have been the Harris Brothers if they had been stuck with gimmicks like that and buried.

Admittedly, I never really watched him as Stunning Steve Austin, so maybe he had more in-ring skill than I'm giving him credit for.  It appears I need to go back and check out more of his older stuff.  But having said that, if he could do all of that stuff, he should have never jettisoned it from his move set.  The Lou Thesz press was fine imo (though Thesz apparently wasn't too impressed with Austin's version of it), but if he was capable of doing moonsaults, hurricanranas, etc. he should have kept all of that regardless of the switch of his in-ring persona.  The only excuse I could accept is if he had to stop doing that when his back and legs gave out on him.  But if he just stopped doing it to serve the direction his character had taken, that would really be a shame.  Just my opinion, of course.
  I agree with you regarding Hogan.  He never had much at all, in terms of in-ring ability.  I think his wrestling career just came about at a time where that wasn't super important, in terms of becoming a fan favorite.  Plus he caught a lucky break getting cast as Thunderlips in Rocky III.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6253 on: November 24, 2010, 03:21:49 PM »

HAHAHA... Vince invested in the right one, CM Punk being sober over the drugged out Hardys any day. Why must they prove that Vince made the right decision by dumping them every time I see them, I actually like the Hardys, but they make it hard to defend them.
Hardy's have always been overrated. They were really only great in TLC matches or their feud with Edge & Christian. Matt Hardy has been stale since after the whole angle/real life thing with Edge and Lita. Jeff Hardy was nothing but a spot monkey who always needed a good opponent in the ring to make the match enjoyable outside of the swanton bomb.

Punk is easily a better wrestler than any of the Hardy Boyz and is great on the mic. Matt and Jeff Hardy can't even make a decent promo on YouTube, let alone a wrestling ring. Not to mention, Punk was the most interesting part of the Jeff Hardy/CM Punk feud. Jeff should be thanking him, not being resentful. Matt, however, should be........since Punk is banging the girl he loves so much lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6254 on: November 24, 2010, 07:18:07 PM »
Umm Vince did wanna keep Hardy & tried to do everything so he would stay like keep him off house shows. This whole thing between the 2 started after Hardy left & Punk cut a promo on Jeff about how he takes drugs etc. So really lets not blame Jeff for everything. Also CM Punk fell off, his promos now are shit & I can't remember the last time he's had a decent match. Jeff on the other hand got me interested into his character again with his heel turn & still does have good matches. C'mon after seeing the 2 matches he had with Kurt Angle before Bound For Glory no one is gonna tell me he can't have a good match.