Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 282816 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Sticky: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)
« Reply #6255 on: November 25, 2010, 01:16:13 AM »
Umm Vince did wanna keep Hardy & tried to do everything so he would stay like keep him off house shows. This whole thing between the 2 started after Hardy left & Punk cut a promo on Jeff about how he takes drugs etc. So really lets not blame Jeff for everything. Also CM Punk fell off, his promos now are shit & I can't remember the last time he's had a decent match. Jeff on the other hand got me interested into his character again with his heel turn & still does have good matches. C'mon after seeing the 2 matches he had with Kurt Angle before Bound For Glory no one is gonna tell me he can't have a good match.
Kurt carried him.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6256 on: November 25, 2010, 06:00:19 AM »
Umm Vince did wanna keep Hardy & tried to do everything so he would stay like keep him off house shows. This whole thing between the 2 started after Hardy left & Punk cut a promo on Jeff about how he takes drugs etc. So really lets not blame Jeff for everything. Also CM Punk fell off, his promos now are shit & I can't remember the last time he's had a decent match. Jeff on the other hand got me interested into his character again with his heel turn & still does have good matches. C'mon after seeing the 2 matches he had with Kurt Angle before Bound For Glory no one is gonna tell me he can't have a good match.
Kurt carried him.
Please ::)

JohnnyL

« Reply #6257 on: November 25, 2010, 08:14:13 AM »

I don't mind the direction his character has taken on TNA at all.  In fact, I think the storyline so far has been pretty interesting.  But the name "Antichrist of Wrestling" is pretty dumb, imo.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6258 on: November 25, 2010, 01:12:35 PM »
Kurt carried him.
Please ::)

Lets see, best ring general of the last 20 years vs. a spot monkey, lets see who's carrying that match.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6259 on: November 25, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
20 years (I don't think amateur years count)?? Dude did you even see the matches or let alone watch TNA?? Of course Angle is a ton better than Hardy but Hardy held his own. Angle is one of the best, period. Hell maybe the best ever (whole package). Angle>>>insert name here, & you could still say Kurt carried the match. I didn't see anyone bitchin until Hardy went to TNA. Stop it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:36:50 PM by UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6260 on: November 25, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »
20 years (I don't think amateur years count)?? Dude did you even see the matches or let alone watch TNA?? Of course Angle is a ton better than Hardy but Hardy held his own. Angle is one of the best, period. Hell maybe the best ever (whole package). Angle>>>insert name here, & you could still say Kurt carried the match. I didn't see anyone bitchin until Hardy went to TNA. Stop it.

I'm just saying, since 1990 I have yet to see a wrestler better than Kurt Angle. Of course I could go back but in 1989 Flair and Steamboat had those great matches so I stopped the look back there. Anyways, I have watch TNA, crappy product but I still watch it. As I said, I like the Hardy's, but Jeff is not on Angles level and Angle has made a stick like Kevin Nash look good.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6261 on: November 25, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »

I'm just saying, since 1990 I have yet to see a wrestler better than Kurt Angle. Of course I could go back but in 1989 Flair and Steamboat had those great matches so I stopped the look back there. Anyways, I have watch TNA, crappy product but I still watch it. As I said, I like the Hardy's, but Jeff is not on Angles level and Angle has made a stick like Kevin Nash look good.
Oh hell yeah Kurt is alot better, like I said maybe the best ever (atleast today he's the best). But still Hardy handled his own in their 2 singles matches, just saying. & why simce 1990, I don't get that part??

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6262 on: November 25, 2010, 02:58:45 PM »

Oh hell yeah Kurt is alot better, like I said maybe the best ever (atleast today he's the best). But still Hardy handled his own in their 2 singles matches, just saying. & why simce 1990, I don't get that part??

In 1989 I saw Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair perform better than anyone I ever had, until I saw Kurt Angle. So since 1990, the best wrestler I've seen is Kurt Angle, as Angle is better than all of the early 90's Michaels and Hart and Hennig matches I've seen. But in 1989 those Flair/Steamboat matches were better than any Angle match I've seen, maybe except Angle/Benoit. Still it's all a toss up but that's why 1990.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6263 on: November 25, 2010, 03:24:47 PM »
^Oh I thought you meant Angle was wrestling since 1990 lol, thats why I added earlier "I don't think amateur years count". Whatever, good looking.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6264 on: November 25, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »
As far as Angle being the best since 1990; we're limiting it to US wrestlers right?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6265 on: November 25, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »
As far as Angle being the best since 1990; we're limiting it to US wrestlers right?

yes... always trying to "reassure" that I don't mean something else...  ::)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6266 on: November 26, 2010, 06:28:37 AM »

Well it's a big claim to say that since 1990 you haven't seen any matches better than the ones Kurt Angle has put on recently. I mean the Kobashi/Misawa matches or the Mutoh/Tenryu matches are pretty impressive. No matter what style of wrestling you prefer. Atlantis vs Villano III from 2000 was also very incredible. I personally have a KENTA match from a few years ago that I think is better than anything I've seen from Angle.

I mean these are matches that present a story for me that gets me do into it, even though I don't and can't understand the history of the feud. I can only imagine how much better they are for those that know the backstory.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6267 on: November 26, 2010, 08:31:49 AM »

Well it's a big claim to say that since 1990 you haven't seen any matches better than the ones Kurt Angle has put on recently. I mean the Kobashi/Misawa matches or the Mutoh/Tenryu matches are pretty impressive. No matter what style of wrestling you prefer. Atlantis vs Villano III from 2000 was also very incredible. I personally have a KENTA match from a few years ago that I think is better than anything I've seen from Angle.

I mean these are matches that present a story for me that gets me do into it, even though I don't and can't understand the history of the feud. I can only imagine how much better they are for those that know the backstory.

To see those matches, I either had to be a tape trader in the 90's (did fall into some matches but I was never a tape trader) or I had to look at hours of YouTube (which I do, but not ofter enough to say I'm an expert) so of course I mean US...  ::)

JohnnyL

« Reply #6268 on: November 26, 2010, 09:19:54 AM »
For me, I'd have to put Angle up there as one of the best technical wrestlers in recent history, at least that I'm familiar with.  So that would limit it, admittedly to mostly U.S. wrestlers, or at least wrestlers who appeared on U.S. television.  The only other person I could think of that was in Angle's league, as far as technical wrestling, was Chris Benoit, who of course is not around anymore.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6269 on: November 26, 2010, 01:48:21 PM »

To see those matches, I either had to be a tape trader in the 90's (did fall into some matches but I was never a tape trader) or I had to look at hours of YouTube (which I do, but not ofter enough to say I'm an expert) so of course I mean US...  ::)

What are you rolling your eyes for? How am I supposed to know what you have access to or what you watch. You can make an argument that Angle is as good as Kobashi. I'd strongly disagree but I wouldn't scoff at the idea. It's not like comparing Cena with Flair. I was just wondering what frame of reference you were using when you made the claim about Angle's matches.

Personally I feel some of the very early 90s Flair matches, mid 90s Hart matches, mid 90s HBK matches, a few Owen Hart matches are just as good or better as what Angle was doing in the early to mid 2000s.

And some of those mid card cruiser weight matches from mid 90s WCW were phenominal. Especially the stuff connected with Malenko. Whether it was with Eddie, Jericho, or Ultimo Dragon. They may not have had the prestige or hype as a WWF main event with Angle but the Wrestling was just as good or better.