Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 274654 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Sticky: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)
« Reply #6510 on: April 05, 2011, 05:49:39 AM »
rock and cena at the nxt wrestlemania...damn too long. does this mean rock will fight again now?

I know.  I'm kind of looking forward to that, but really, shouldn't they have just done that this year, rather than have John Cena vs. the Miz?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6511 on: April 05, 2011, 05:34:16 PM »
Yeah but they wante to do the hole hype it for a year... I think they are gonna hype it as the most important match in history the passing the torch match.. even IMO unless John Cena goes heel and the product becomes a little more edgy JOhn Cena is too stale.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6512 on: April 05, 2011, 05:38:44 PM »
rock and cena at the nxt wrestlemania...damn too long. does this mean rock will fight again now?

I know.  I'm kind of looking forward to that, but really, shouldn't they have just done that this year, rather than have John Cena vs. the Miz?

That wouldn't have worked. Only 2 days of Promo with the Rock?

JohnnyL

« Reply #6513 on: April 05, 2011, 06:44:59 PM »

I know.  I'm kind of looking forward to that, but really, shouldn't they have just done that this year, rather than have John Cena vs. the Miz?

Yeah.  I agree they would have had to start the whole angle much earlier and hyped it, but what I mean is, wouldn't that have been a more exciting match to have put on for this year's Wrestlemania than Cena vs. Miz?  I guess I'm just not that crazy about The Miz as a character.  He's an alright heel I guess, but to me he's a mid-card performer, at best.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6514 on: April 05, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »

Yeah.  I agree they would have had to start the whole angle much earlier and hyped it, but what I mean is, wouldn't that have been a more exciting match to have put on for this year's Wrestlemania than Cena vs. Miz?  I guess I'm just not that crazy about The Miz as a character.  He's an alright heel I guess, but to me he's a mid-card performer, at best.

Its not his fault the match sucked. Cena's no prize in the ring. Anyway the draw was that it was a title match. Bad scripting I guess?

JohnnyL

« Reply #6515 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:32 PM »

Yeah.  I agree they would have had to start the whole angle much earlier and hyped it, but what I mean is, wouldn't that have been a more exciting match to have put on for this year's Wrestlemania than Cena vs. Miz?  I guess I'm just not that crazy about The Miz as a character.  He's an alright heel I guess, but to me he's a mid-card performer, at best.

Its not his fault the match sucked. Cena's no prize in the ring. Anyway the draw was that it was a title match. Bad scripting I guess?

Yeah, I have to agree.  Cena's in-ring ability is pretty limited too.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6516 on: April 05, 2011, 08:45:51 PM »
I think they are trying to make the Miz the new Flair and Cena the new Hogan
The West is Back

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #6517 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:50 PM »
The following is from corporate.wwe.com:

Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

http://nodq.com/wwe/304074733.shtml

lol

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6518 on: April 05, 2011, 11:58:16 PM »
Thats why they dont do piledrivers anymore either right?
The West is Back

Sikotic™

« Reply #6519 on: April 06, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »
LOL @ the fines. I remember Cena supposedly got fined for saying "ass" on Raw. Now its said every week.

Ad Miz just straight up jacked Jericho's gimmick since he left.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6520 on: April 06, 2011, 10:24:53 AM »
The following is from corporate.wwe.com:

Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

http://nodq.com/wwe/304074733.shtml

lol

this is why wrestling sucks now

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6521 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »
wtf chairs have been used since forever!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #6522 on: April 06, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »
I thought it was a good show, the ADR v Edge match was really good same with Orton Punk and HHH Taker, the rest of the matches seemed rushed. And it sucks that JOMO got stuck in that crap mixed tag match, NO MITB hurt Mania a little bit too...Great ending though, i never thot Cena would lose

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sikotic™

« Reply #6523 on: April 06, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
I like the Rhodes vs. Mysterio match. Mysterio has become too complacent though in his work and he didn't even pull out that much new shit for the big match.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6524 on: April 07, 2011, 07:55:08 PM »
wtf chairs have been used since forever!!!

It's the head shots that only really started in mid to late 90s.

They should just stop using weapons altogether for a while. It's been so overdone it comes off more as comedy than anything else. Then when they bring them back in a few years, slowly, it'll mean something every time they are used.

Except for Tank Abbot's switch blade. That should be used in every match.