Author Topic: Chelsea deal not done - Ballack  (Read 92 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Chelsea deal not done - Ballack
« on: April 21, 2006, 08:46:35 AM »

Chelsea deal not done - Ballack

Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack has denied reports he has already agreed a move to Chelsea.

German public broadcaster ZDF reported on Wednesday that the 29-year-old had agreed a four-year deal with the Premiership champions.

But after training on Thursday, Ballack said: "That is rubbish, it's not true."

Ballack, 29, is out of contract at Bayern this summer and has turned down the offer of a new contract with the Bundesliga giants.

The Germany captain's agent also insisted nothing had been signed by either Chelsea or the player.

"Negotiations are proceeding well and we're extremely optimistic a deal will be done before the start of the World Cup," Michael Becker told BBC Sport.

"But it is important to point out that nothing has been signed yet."

Last week Ballack said: "There have been serious talks. Nothing has been signed yet but I know what I want.

"I always wanted to play abroad at some stage. This is the last chance for me to do this."

Ballack has had one meeting with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and said it went very well.

Bayern have stuttered in the Bundesliga in the last few weeks and seen their lead at the top of the table cut to four points by Hamburg.

But Becker insisted speculation over Ballack's future was not to blame and said the player would be entitled to leave with his head held high - if he moved to Chelsea in the summer.

"Bayern have won two league and cup doubles while Michael has been at the club and have the opportunity to claim a third this season," Becker told BBC Sport.

"Michael has been Germany's player of the year three times and has got 13 goals this season, making him the fifth highest scorer in the Bundesliga.

"He signed a four-year deal with Bayern in 2002 and has given 100% during that time and helped to make it a very successful period.

"So I think he deserves to leave the club on good terms."
NO MORE WAR